PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-05-20, 16:16   #21
MadTommy
Supporting Member
Default Re: Windows 7 Beta Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
Moved thread into the relevant place

I have dual booted Win 7 for 2 weeks, and have never used vista.

I have now formatted my computer to use win 7 only, its that good, everything is better for me, graphics, performance, audio the lot.

I am very finicky on my OS I use, hence I have been happy with windows xp, but was that confident, I have made the move over myself (you need to learn it anyway as its coming?)

If you think about it, the start standard for Win 7 has to be at the very least VISTA Ultimate SP 1 - (Which it is ... and more)
Agree a 100%.. just rebuilt with win7 RC, best experience i've had with a Windows OS. (going back to Win3.1x)

No problems so far, much faster then Vista and damn sight sexier (and quicker) than XP. And so easy.

I'd definatley recommend you try it, it's free until March 2010. (personally i've never used a beta MS OS before.. but this is a slick beta.)
Old 2009-05-20, 21:52   #22
akatabrask

Yep, W7 RC is probably the best OS I've had so far (although I've never used Vista).
The only real big issue I have had with it so far is that THERE'S NO QUICK LAUNCH BAR!
Yeah, sure you can pin stuff to the task bar but thats not the deal, I want the old quick launch back!

And then it's ofc some software and driver incompatibilities (like comodo that won't be recognized as an av for example), but that will guaranteed be fixed further on.

And also, according to google, I seem to be the only one with a weird reddish texture problem in PR (anyone knows about that?) but i guess that's just ATI having bad drivers...
Old 2009-05-21, 09:12   #23
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatabrask View Post
The only real big issue I have had with it so far is that THERE'S NO QUICK LAUNCH BAR
And thank f*&k for that!

You can just pin apps to the task bar, works in the exact same way. However i'd suggest you get RocketDock... google it
Old 2009-05-21, 12:34   #24
Robbi
Supporting Member

Can you please post this in the appropriate areas pl0x

Moved to Win 7 forum

Old 2009-05-21, 17:33   #25
akatabrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
And thank f*&k for that!

You can just pin apps to the task bar, works in the exact same way. However i'd suggest you get RocketDock... google it
Yeah i know you can pin them but i want all my shortcuts on one static spot not moving around because some other program is sitting there, hard to explain, i know.

Also, I tried to use rocket dock on xp once upon a time but, call me crazy, i didn't like it tbh I'm more fond of the status bar...but well, this is not the right place to whine about it so I guess I'll just have to get used to it
Old 2009-05-21, 18:54   #26
Darkpowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatabrask View Post
Yep, W7 RC is probably the best OS I've had so far (although I've never used Vista).
The only real big issue I have had with it so far is that THERE'S NO QUICK LAUNCH BAR!
Yeah, sure you can pin stuff to the task bar but thats not the deal, I want the old quick launch back!
There is a quick launch bar if you re-enable it.

Please note, I FOUND THIS ON THE NET and HAVE NOT TRIED IT so MAKE CHANGES AT YOUR OWN RISK, there i hope that is subtle enough for you

Quote:

To re-enable it, do the following:
Right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars / New Toolbar
In the folder selection dialog, enter the following string and hit OK:
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Turn off the “lock the taskbar” setting, and right-click on the divider. Make sure that “Show text” and “Show title” are disabled and the view is set to “small icons”.
Use the dividers to rearrange the toolbar ordering to choice, and then lock the taskbar again.
Old 2009-05-22, 00:21   #27
akatabrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpowder View Post
There is a quick launch bar if you re-enable it.

Please note, I FOUND THIS ON THE NET and HAVE NOT TRIED IT so MAKE CHANGES AT YOUR OWN RISK, there i hope that is subtle enough for you

Haha, thank you so much, that's nice find

Tried it out on my laptop running XP now and it works and looks just as it should (basically I now have two quick launch bars ) so I'll definately try it on my comp using w7 when I come home on sunday, if it works just as flawless there I don't know how to thank you.
Old 2009-05-26, 17:56   #28
Revollucion

how to instal PR on windows 7..? pr_0856_core_setup.exe in not working on that.. ;o((((
Old 2009-05-31, 09:17   #29
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Alright, windows vista here, 500 gb HD, got a 75gb partition set aside for stuff like this. How do I go about installing this stuff? Simply download, burn to dvd and install on the second partition? What should I do with my files/stuff I have installed under vista? Should I make a back-up or image first?

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:23   #30
HybridX

Essentially yes dunehunter, burn to dvd with iso and regular windows install on partitiion.

Im planning a new build a I7 rig and this will be my OS until march lol

Tags
beta, discussion, windows