project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-04-17, 12:37   #21
Portable.Cougar
Default Re: PR Squad Leader Recommendation Thread

Your right that Cougar guy never does any thing good, he always flys.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 07:43   #22
*ZEN*

Since i'm new to PR I thought I'd start off with a positive first post (not that I have anything negative to post so far.)

I'd like to give my recommendation and personal congrats to Cpt* CrashNemesisII.
I served 3 rounds with him yesterday on Kashan, Barracuda and that map with the dam.

At first he sounds a little wet behind the ears, he greets everyone nicely over VOIP and acts more like "hey how you doin" than actual leadership.

But as soon as we spawned he starts giving orders, and for some reason he makes you happy yet let's you know he's going to be calling the shots. Anyone can take whatever kit he wants except for sniper and as longs as we have a medic.

He leads his squad with precision and care when we get to a combat zone, but as long as we're moving place or building stuff he's cracking jokes and keeping everyone in good spirit.

He's a guy who know what he wants when he wants it, but also listens to his squad and is open to suggestions from them.

It's been real nice serving with him!
*ZEN* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:10   #23
BLudShoT14

I'd like to say that =RRF=Cyanide_CN is the best squad leader i've played with so far. I played with him just 1 round last night on Operation Archer

Everything he did was so laid-back but at the same time very serious. If someone screwed up he'd be rebuked but still he'd just joke about it and make you feel fine.

He always new what was going on and directed us with precision and led us well. I remember when we were leaving the main and he said we were going to Disneyland. i had no idea how disney related to PR but we ended up putting up a firebase somewhere and then riding a hummve up and down the hills and screaming at the top like a roller coaster. I had a good laugh out of that.

It was defenitly great to serve under him
BLudShoT14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 05:43   #24
rampo

dang just when i thought i had a meaning for my life as a squad leader nobody knows me =P i hate myself ;(
rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 20:54   #25
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampo93(FIN) View Post
dang just when i thought i had a meaning for my life as a squad leader nobody knows me =P i hate myself ;(
What? Can you please elaborate?

Anyways, i want to recommend Rudd, he is a really good squadleader, and i never get bored with playing with him, or alongside him in a platoon.

He makes you laugh, but he also makes you perform really well, and you dont give up on your role, you keep staying tacical, you could say he makes me play this game for the right reasons. He is not one of those squadleaders who makes you do stupid stuff for stupid reasons. He makes you do stupid stuff, for hilarious reasons.

I think alot of you would agree, rudd is one of those squadleaders you remember, for a long time, not for his awesomness, or his humor, but for his way of leading. I cant put my finger on it, but he is truly something for himself

So rudd, i really look up to you man, keep up the good work, and keep shining, that round on muttrah, was extremly nice.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 22:51   #26
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

After playing for some rounds with Rudd_Medicman as SL lately, i can only agree with Wicca. Rudd is a great SL, so good infact that imo, he deserves a second notion in this thread . He certainly belongs to the better squadleaders out there, and is so far one of the best i've played with.

Quote:
He is not one of those squadleaders who makes you do stupid stuff for stupid reasons. He makes you do stupid stuff, for hilarious reasons.
Qft

Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 23:37   #27
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup

fanclub.org !

A salute to Frosty_McOwnage, the number one squadleader, Rudd will agree.

50% of .:iGi:.'s playing PR atm has joined our clan because of Frosty. The other half goes to Rudd :P

It really is true, but ofc, we do have some ArmA fanboys around who are more seasoned than most french wines (in .:iGi:. that is xD )
=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 06:33   #28
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Frosty, rudd and gazzthompson is the ones I can think of right now, Wicca is always good Becomes alittle to much .:iGi:., but you see that mumble is always used on our server and its great for coordination.
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 06:57   #29
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

I can only agree with the above writers.
Frosty, Rudd and Gazz are all topnotch leaders.
Wicca is also pretty, pretty badass

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:54   #30
Wicca
Supporting Member

TG Cougar is a good Squadleader!
I just played with him on TG Kashan... was pretty cool. We were on mumble

We were raping the enemy team, we were MEC. We took South and north bunker. And then North village, after a pretty weird tank battle/APC/ Infantry...

So Portable cougar is among the finest squadleaders i have served under. He has a sort of... What do you say, determination? No... like he is always calm... never under pressure it seems. But he has a very determined voice... Kinda hard to explain.

But yeah, makes you act well, makes you want to stay alive. take cover, stop when you should, clear rooms correctly, he really knows his tactical stuff.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
leader, poxo is ghey, recommendation, squad, thread