project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-17, 11:56   #21
Devildog0331

Default Re: Grenade Launchers

An issue I am finding with this kit is that the 40mm rounds dont seem to be doing as much damage as they should be. I have landed rounds rather close to enemys and not killed them, with a 15m casualty and a 5 m kill radius the only time I seem to get a kill is when I land the round in their lap.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I crazy?

Thanks.

Devildog
Devildog0331 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:14   #22
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Grenadier will definitely become more useful in 0.9.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:55   #23
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog0331 View Post
Is anyone else seeing this or am I crazy?
I vote for Both

Also, can we please take away the annoying trail behind the grenades?

It doesn't happen in real life so why here?
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:57   #24
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

There is no trail in 0.87.

I even think it has been removed a few versions earlier.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 12:21   #25
themartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
If im not mistaken, the divided boxes as the aimpoint represents 100m each box, starting from the top. Aiming the bottom of each of those boxes, lets say for example a guy is 200 meters away, you would place your target at the bottom of the second box from the top. Line him up for about 6 seconds, and fire.

It is either 100m or 50m each box, correct me if I'm wrong almighty DEV's!
I always thought the big No.1 was for 100m No.2 for 200m and the little arrow at the bottom for 300m ryz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]bosco View Post
Grenadier will definitely become more useful in 0.9.
No chance you could clear up anything i may have heard about the 80mm mortar being around?
Last edited by themartini; 2010-01-19 at 12:22.. Reason: adding extra quote
Old 2010-02-11, 12:32   #26
Predator.v2

What are your experiences with the new grenadelaunchers "ironsight"?
I think, it hits the 50ms per line really good and i can nade targets til 200m distance within a 5-10m radius easily.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 08:15   #27
Razzy

Just judge by your 100m and 200m marks.. I just practiced the kit so much I got used to gauging the distance of your target and adjusting for elevation. Crouch and hold your aim point for like 7 seconds before you fire if you want an accurate shot. If don't wait between reloads, you'll get more of a "spread" effect, which isn't always a bad thing, especially since the grenadier now has 20 grenades and can fire them in rather quick succession.

Combine that with readily available ammo and maybe a spotter, and you've got my improvised deployable mortar kit. Next time you have the kit and there's down time, practice with your smoke grenades. I rarely use them. Just pick out a landmark in the distance, estimate it's range, and try and hit it. Eventually you'll find it pretty easy.

Honestly I've always been disappointed with the power of the grenades. They just need to do more damage in general, specifically to vehicles. I've scored hits on light vehicles plenty of times, and it doesn't do the damage you think it would. I would love to have 10 HE and 10 AP grenades. I am a decent grenadier and it's just disheartening to make good shots and not be rewarded with the kill.
Razzy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grenade, launchers