project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 15:12   #21
gazzthompson

Default Re: [Hud] Limited kits on spawn menu

1. jackal and all the british UOR kit has been suggested, search ect.
2. the scope on SAW - can be that they dont have a image for the susat SAW and have the Eclan one instead, could be that they feel it will be not worth the effort as scopes are near enough same. and various other reasons why there is a Eclan on the british SAW...... i imagine its still WIP .....
4. SAW rarer than sniper ?? ....... i dont know the specific number but SAW's are every squad at least (like PR now)

DEVS - great looking stuff!

Old 2009-04-28, 15:12   #22
Cpl.Small

please don't start going on about Jackals and Mastiffs, they've already been suggested a thousand times
Old 2009-04-28, 15:16   #23
SuperTimo

stop jumping to conclusions thats a very small picture of the SAW from the side, who knows what scope it is.

Looks like good changes, with one medic there is a chance of killing a sqd and having them stay down for once in a while. instead of having revive fests all the time because you missed one of the 3 medics.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:19   #24
single.shot (nor)

-i love you guys...
Old 2009-04-28, 15:23   #25
[wow]titan
Banned

This is Great!!!! GOOD JOB
Say No to vanilla medics again!
Old 2009-04-28, 15:27   #26
Zi8

Great changes guys, especially the officer kit with choice to choose between scope and irons. Keep it up!
Old 2009-04-28, 15:29   #27
Dosedmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cpl.Small View Post
please don't start going on about Jackals and Mastiffs, they've already been suggested a thousand times
The USMC and British do need their armoury expanded to realisticaly accommodate. Those trucks the British are currently using just look out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
4. SAW rarer than sniper ?? ....... i dont know the specific number but SAW's are every squad at least (like PR now)

DEVS - great looking stuff!
Okay they probably about 2 SAW to each Sniper out in Afgahn with the brits, but the L86A1 is the prime support weapon, which is used as a marksman kit not support in PR.

I am liking the Squadleader having no scope options.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:32   #28
T.Nightingale

Medic thingy: Yeh good for clan matches crap for pubbing. Stops medic teams and random lone medics but it severly injures squads in PR pub.
But i say all sacrifices in the sake of reality but we NEED and this is unanimous that we need a iron AR option. BTW that Give up/Call Medic doesn't put up a symbol for medics it only uses the sound clip.

But yeh the medic thing is a bummer but i think itll be accepted along with all the other add-ons by people that are on PR for the very reason PR was created.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:35   #29
Welshboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nightingale View Post
Medic thingy: Yeh good for clan matches crap for pubbing. Stops medic teams and random lone medics but it severly injures squads in PR pub.
But i say all sacrifices in the sake of reality but we NEED and this is unanimous that we need a iron AR option. BTW that Give up/Call Medic doesn't put up a symbol for medics it only uses the sound clip.

But yeh the medic thing is a bummer but i think itll be accepted along with all the other add-ons by people that are on PR for the very reason PR was created.
It does

Also, Medics are way too spammy at the moment, i fully agree with the decision to restrict it to 1 per squad.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:37   #30
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosedmonkey View Post
Okay they probably about 2 SAW to each Sniper out in Afgahn with the brits, but the L86A1 is the prime support weapon, which is used as a marksman kit not support in PR.
sources please? as i believe this to be incorrect ... the LSW is now a marksmen weapon IRL (source)

as for the SAW to sniper ratio... ill leave that up to some one with more knowledge, but im pretty much 100% that there is alot more SAW's than snipers in a infantry battalion or any level, whether it be platoon or regiment.

Closed Thread

Tags
.86, hud, kits, limited, menu, patch, spawn