project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-05-19, 16:32   #21
AquaticPenguin
Default Re: The art of IED by JohnnyTheIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRMAUI View Post
I personally like using mines as a "oh doh" sort of thing. Placing them in plain sight as to encourage my targets to go places where I want them.
I use this tactic all the time. Place an IED next to a lamp post or something, and then put a mine quite near to the opposite side of the road - They see the mine, swerve and boom! And you get the added "WTF!?!" for extra lulz
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 18:03   #22
Hatchet_Force_CCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticPenguin View Post
I use this tactic all the time. Place an IED next to a lamp post or something, and then put a mine quite near to the opposite side of the road - They see the mine, swerve and boom! And you get the added "WTF!?!" for extra lulz
I love that tactic when it works. It's a glorious moment for me.
Hatchet_Force_CCN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 01:07   #23
JKRMAUI

That and creating major IED kill boxes. For instance, fighting against a very good team. They are all working very well together. Full APC support. I had a squad of 4 guys. Each of us spawned at a cache that was soon to be revealed. We set up a large sum of IEDs and mines. Lets just say we had everything wired around the cache.

The enemy team rolls in with their last brad and a lav. At least two squads worth of INF. One squad walks into a building that I've wired, and the other squad into the one my squadie wired. Plus a number of IEDs on the street. Boooooom. The whole side of the compound goes up. Everything dies. Brad lav...everything.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 01:12   #24
[10th] Totalverweigerung

Quote:
On a second note, Last nite I got myself a full APC on Fallujah highway U-turn (in front of red cross) with a 6 x IED blast Was on top of the arch waiting, quite a blast
today i had such a blast, too. dropped lots of mines to "track" them, then 6 or 7 IED´s (just right-click at the cage while holding the phone to get more IED´s then just one) and took out 4 guys, one hummve and an APC returning to the base for repairs (too bad i missed it...)

anyway... don´t let them bring you down, here are some very usefull hints!

greetz
T
[10th] Totalverweigerung is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 07:22   #25
amazing_retard

There is a big difference between an insurgent, and a terrorist. Western propaganda uses both words interchangeably. Don't listen to fags who always switch to the US side, f*ck them keep IEDing and making guides. I play with you alot
Remember hanky? or amazing retard? I remember you.
amazing_retard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 00:30   #26
fry_fubar

Heres a good IED tactic that i use a lot on Al Basarah; use the British transport vehicles as car bombs. The infantry will usually move in their jeeps, dismounting when they closer to the town. For example, just west of the two small bridges just west of the main bridge is where they tend to leave their vehicles, which is perfect for this setup.

Get as close as possible, wait for them to park up (if they haven't already done so). Once they leave the trucks behind, mine/IED the vehicles and wait... Pretty soon, if your team is doing well, they'll fall back or spawn at a nearby rally point and grab the jeeps... Enjoy.

I pulled this off three times in various locations around the Al Basarah map tonight, but the other team wised up pretty quick. Try using this in conjunction with a dedicated IED squad so you can co-ordinate mine placement. Having regular insurgents with you in that squad is also very useful for spotting, but more importantly, for security.

Using destroyed vehicles as IED cover, works well against infantry. I was stunned at the amount of infantry that use wrecked vehicles as cover! Use grenade traps creatively around those downed vehicles, you might be supprised as to the frequency of detonations.
fry_fubar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 00:44   #27
J.Burton[EEF]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry_fubar View Post
Heres a good IED tactic that i use a lot on Al Basarah; use the British transport vehicles as car bombs. The infantry will usually move in their jeeps, dismounting when they closer to the town. For example, just west of the two small bridges just west of the main bridge is where they tend to leave their vehicles, which is perfect for this setup.

Get as close as possible, wait for them to park up (if they haven't already done so). Once they leave the trucks behind, mine/IED the vehicles and wait... Pretty soon, if your team is doing well, they'll fall back or spawn at a nearby rally point and grab the jeeps... Enjoy.

I pulled this off three times in various locations around the Al Basarah map tonight, but the other team wised up pretty quick. Try using this in conjunction with a dedicated IED squad so you can co-ordinate mine placement. Having regular insurgents with you in that squad is also very useful for spotting, but more importantly, for security.

Using destroyed vehicles as IED cover, works well against infantry. I was stunned at the amount of infantry that use wrecked vehicles as cover! Use grenade traps creatively around those downed vehicles, you might be supprised as to the frequency of detonations.
That is genius. **Scribbles down on post-it** I've seen people mine stationary APCs and ARVt's - but I've never considered just placing an IED on the vehicle and waiting for them to return.. Of course this would mean me staying alive for a while, which never happens when I'm an insurgent..
J.Burton[EEF] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 13:25   #28
fry_fubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Burton[EEF] View Post
That is genius. **Scribbles down on post-it** I've seen people mine stationary APCs and ARVt's - but I've never considered just placing an IED on the vehicle and waiting for them to return.. Of course this would mean me staying alive for a while, which never happens when I'm an insurgent..

Just be patient mate. You will get that kill if you just stay down, stealth is key to being a sucessful PR Insurgent.
fry_fubar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:55   #29
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Burton[EEF] View Post
but I've never considered just placing an IED on the vehicle and waiting for them to return..
You forgot about the 'IF your team is doing well'. Usually everyone gets wtfpwned and the coalition can go safely back and grab their rides unharmed.
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:54   #30
jbgeezer

Nice guide
jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
art, ied, johnnytheied