project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-05-16, 03:29   #21
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Sniper - without helmet ?

This is being addressed dw

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-05-18, 08:19   #22
Qaiex

Thanks for the info tonnie.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:00   #23
freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
The only real problem with this is the 8 seconds you have to wait in between each shot. Also, in Afghanistan (at least from what I've heard/read), some/most snipers are put on the FOB tower in their compound (Sangin for example). If they DO go out for operations they stick with the platoon, but they won't be as effective here because of the 8 seconds...
it is all fine like this , because of 8 sec and the 4 sec make snipers think be4 they shoot anything and the game be more balance . without that every1 would kill eachother to have it seriusly including me . hopely they add more mags to the lovely enfield .pls dont change anything if must say the american sniper is way too accuracy ( i know it is normal )
Old 2009-05-23, 10:48   #24
ozliam41

thay need to put diff colurs for snipers on diff terrian
Old 2009-05-23, 12:36   #25
Pel

Usually snipers dont have helmets because when you wait or crawl around for hours or days, that extra weight of helmet will make looking through scope very hard in few hours. Also, its very annoying to shoot while wearing on, even if sits very well on your head, it keeps slipping forward and blocks view. Helmets protect against projectiles created mortar rpg. etc, anything what goes airborne due shell explosion (rocks, wood), helmet is to protect from that. And since snipers should work solo, away from large groups, they are unlikely to get hit by mortar attack, so no need for helmet.
Snipers primary role is recon or some objective. In PR, sniper is best for shooting and getting as many kills as possible, sad but true.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:55   #26
Cheditor

They dont mean some heavy balistic helmet. They mean a light weight helmet similiar to what Delta Force where. And snipers shouldnt work on their own, actually never heard of a sniper working on his own.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:26   #27
Pel

I dont know what delta force has. Maybe light helmet would work, never tried, how light is light anyway? But i would not imagine wearing ghille suite and helmet at same time, would get pretty hot down there.
As solo i mean with his spotter, if he has one. As for PR, snipers having spotters is waste of manpower. 32 guys in team, you dont need another one away from fight. Spotters job is to evaluate wind, elevation, distance etc. Only thing you have in PR is distance, and that should not be that hard to figure out with some experience.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:32   #28
Cheditor

When i snipe in PR i either have another sniper with me or i have someone who can use binoculours, have a larger range of vision for finding enemys. Also they can keep eye out around you for possible enemy sneaking up and can help defend you.
Old 2009-05-23, 21:55   #29
Lone-Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pel View Post
Even if sits very well on your head, it keeps slipping forward and blocks view.
This isn't true at all. I've spent full days with these on and if you size it properly and adjust it properly it will sit perfectly tight on your head. It will only slide forward if the chin strap is either off or you havent tightened it properly.
Old 2009-05-24, 00:11   #30
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Assassin View Post
This isn't true at all. I've spent full days with these on and if you size it properly and adjust it properly it will sit perfectly tight on your head. It will only slide forward if the chin strap is either off or you havent tightened it properly.
Its worse when it slips down during a contact....

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth

Tags
helmet, sniper