project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-11-13, 09:15   #21
Boris.T.Spider
Supporting Member

Default Re: Hat kits on Insurgency

The castle on Archer is possibly the worst place to put any high value kit, theres only three ways out of there. The narrow path to the North, by Helo extract or South back towards main (the latter two of these options an be nullified by parking a techie bellow the south tower). All it takes is one shot and half the insurgancy knows your up there, you may feel all secure with your high walls, 21st century weapons and big pile of ammo, but your not. Its a false illusion of saftey, I know becuase if I'm ever feeling out gunned, thats where I go to do my shopping. They may have their uses on insurgencey, but IMHO they should never ever leave the dome of death. Ok, yes we can conceed that HAT's are used in counter insugencey by our forces IRL, but they don't have to worry about the insurgenceys one size fits all ammo stockpiles with enough munition to blow up the moon, if the insugents ever got hold of one of our high end missile lauchers IRL, they would only have the shot thats in it.
Boris.T.Spider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:20   #22
Cheditor

Well actually me and like 7 guys defended the castle once from 30 US. So tbh the castle is the best place to defend, so easy to just guard all entrances and any grapples are easily seen and neutralized.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:46   #23
RHYS4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
CĀ“mon everybody who uses the HAT kit on insurgency is a deuche, no matter how many videos and rants you post.

Not really, It actually a good idea to have hat's on Archer, you can use them to blow up buildings you think the cache is in, and also can be used to protect the unit from those bloody teches.

since the humves zoom been removed they been next to useless and are no longer really capable of providing task force protection any more/ they can still do it, but no where near the level that is required not any more.

So the only practical counter on this map is a hat/ which every one is too scared to use,
What we need is ether the zoom back on the humvee or a tow humvee on this map.
RHYS4190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:17   #24
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYS4190 View Post
Not really, It actually a good idea to have hat's on Archer, you can use them to blow up buildings you think the cache is in, and also can be used to protect the unit from those bloody teches.

since the humves zoom been removed they been next to useless and are no longer really capable of providing task force protection any more/ they can still do it, but no where near the level that is required not any more.

So the only practical counter on this map is a hat/ which every one is too scared to use,
What we need is ether the zoom back on the humvee or a tow humvee on this map.
True, you can help your team somewhat with a HAT but thats nothing compared to the damage you will inflict on your own team if you loose it. Honestly, nobody finishes the majority of rounds without dying atleast once, often more.
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:32   #25
Boris.T.Spider
Supporting Member

Cheditor, thats fine if your INS and you have a cache to deffend, but as the US, deploying nearly 1/4 of your team to defend one man so he can fire speculative missiles into the village is a bit of overkill and is going to severly diminish your teams effectivness on the ground.

The INS attacking the castle can put a rally or FB outside over 50m away, soon as they reach the castle walls any rally or FB inside is going to be over-ran, a two pronged attack from even a small 3/4 man squad can cause serrious issues, especialy if they catch you off gaurd. Even worse, once the attack is underway, the INS only need to get lucky once, the US need to be consistantly lucky unless they can get the manpower together to assualt where they believe the INS to be spawning from, but without a rally or FOB thats a risky undertaking.

For the INS sacrificing 3/4 men for 15 minutes is no loss at all considering the treasure up for grabs. But the truley devistating factor in all this (yes it gets worse) Archer is a Taliban map, they unlike the insurgents get kits with ammo bags, meaning that the HAT kit can be redeployed anywhere on the map.
Old 2009-11-13, 12:44   #26
Cheditor

Ye why you dont just use a HAT you get 2 HMGs, a saw and snipzor and its an effective bastion of raining death.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 13:16   #27
Boris.T.Spider
Supporting Member

Quote:
Ye why you dont just use a HAT you get 2 HMGs, a saw and snipzor and its an effective bastion of raining death.

There's a sale at pennys!
Old 2009-11-13, 13:23   #28
Herbiie

We have HATs on Insurgency... BECAUSE JAVELINS ARE USED IN REAL LIFE.

I very rarely see an Insurgent with a HAT kit - I usually see the guy with the HAT with an LMG, land Rover, and some supplies laying down covering fire for other squads.

The BLUFOR are supposed to be alot better equipped than the Insurgency - the HAT is part of this.

Even if you do get killed with the HAT - unless it's at close range the insurgent isn't going to get your kit, and you should be with your squad mates and one of them can pick it up anyway.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 14:06   #29
Mad-Mike

If you do get a HAT kit and ur defending a FOB,castle or main etc.. make sure the rest of your squad are near you and can give you close support just incase they ambush you etc.
Agree HAT kits are stupid on insurgent maps but only if your running around the map with them otherwise they're great for defending like IRL.
Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 14:34   #30
Tobo

Stop complaining about it " oooo why is that guy using a HAT on an insurgency map...ooooo i wet my pants ..ooo please dont point that at me", its retarded! Its there, it would be there anyway, and if you have a problem with it then you dont NEED to use it.

Focus on game play and when you need one it will be there for you to use.

I'm so tired of this rant: on the forums and in the ingame chat.
Tobo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hat, insurgency, kits