Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-13, 02:22   #21
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Close Support Bridges (CSB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
These are made to avoid the current destroyed/booby trapped bridges right? But what is the point of the Insurgents already KNOW where the bridges can be placed? Can't the whole length of the river be one big dirt pile?
Ye what I thought you meant. There are basically going to be so many potential spots on Al Basrah where you can place them that its going to be really hard to know just where they are going to pop up. We can't have the entire river covered with potential locations, it would simply cost to many networkables which would lead to server crashes so we have to be somewhat limited to how many we place

In real life you can pre-determine where your enemy may place these bridges as well so its not that unrealistic, but there will be some "hot spots" where players like to deploy CSBs just like hot sposts where firebases often get placed

Old 2010-06-13, 02:31   #22
bromley
PR:BF2 QA Tester

One word
SEX

Srsly tho, ieds on those things and we're in business
Old 2010-06-13, 02:32   #23
dtacs
Supporting Member

Sweet, and two last questions, is there a limit on how many bridges can be deployed, and is there an icon on the map (which goes yellow when its destroyed)

If it functions like the other destroyable bridges around the other maps (like the wooden ones), can they be rebuilt or repaired in any form, be it a wrench or repair crate?
Old 2010-06-13, 02:34   #24
Kill001

I came

a lot
Old 2010-06-13, 02:38   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Sweet, and two last questions, is there a limit on how many bridges can be deployed, and is there an icon on the map (which goes yellow when its destroyed)

If it functions like the other destroyable bridges around the other maps (like the wooden ones), can they be rebuilt or repaired in any form, be it a wrench or repair crate?
On the deploy limit, as I said to Fighter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
no there is no limit, other than how many pre-defined CSB locations there are on the map.
ie, you can deploy as many CSBs on the map as you like, the only limiting factor is the number of pre-defined locations you can deploy them in.

As for the minimap icon (or strategic icon as its known in code), that's a no because it would show up for both teams and the enemy would know you had built a bridge there if they saw the icon pop up

And no, this system dosen't repair bridges (well in code it dose but lets not confuse everyone here), all your doing is placing down a bridge. If a wooden or concrete bridge is destroyed, all you need to do is place a CSB bridge over the top of the gap in the bridge, like in this pic

Old 2010-06-13, 02:42   #26
Bellator

Very interesting addition, didn't expect to see this.

My only concern are the boobs who are going to drive through the bridge with a floored gas pedal, crashing the vehicle and killing everyone inside... the usual stuff. The bridge seems so perilously slim.
Old 2010-06-13, 02:45   #27
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Very nice.

Should remove some of the water crossings and non-destroyable bridges, to balance things out.
Old 2010-06-13, 02:48   #28
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
My only concern are the boobs who are going to drive through the bridge with a floored gas pedal, crashing the vehicle and killing everyone inside... the usual stuff. The bridge seems so perilously slim.
if your careful you can safely get across every time and the bridge is to realistic sizes. I sent [R-DEV]Undies out with a tape measure to measure them all up

Old 2010-06-13, 02:53   #29
Bellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
if your careful you can safely get across every time and the bridge is to realistic sizes. I sent [R-DEV]Undies out with a tape measure to measure them all up
I can't argue with that. But can you fall into the center gap?
Old 2010-06-13, 02:55   #30
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yes, as explained in the "How To Drive Over A CSB" Bit at the very bottom of my post

Closed Thread

Tags
bridges, close, csb, support