project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2010-08-16, 13:45   #21
VapoMan
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Map] Operation Hailstorm (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Also if you where going to put your PLA main on the main island and the USS Essex in the SW I would be tempted to move all your terrain and statics north quite a bit, a big operation but its very possible and would give you even more water between the carrier and the shore which is only a good thing
I might as well just move everything SW and move the carrier to the very NE. It would give it more room then. Would be a bit of a job. I could just move the overgrowth, and hieghtmap with photoshop, so not too hard.

I would rather have the PLA main where it is now even if it means moving everything around.

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
VapoMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 13:48   #22
Arnoldio
Banned

If this is made good, beats barracuda by far.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 14:02   #23
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VapoMan View Post
I might as well just move everything SW and move the carrier to the very NE. It would give it more room then. Would be a bit of a job. I could just move the overgrowth, and hieghtmap with photoshop, so not too hard.

I would rather have the PLA main where it is now even if it means moving everything around.
Ye, the problem I have with the SW corner being the main base is it dosen't seem a very logical place to put your base I mean, if you where the PLA General and you needed to defend this island against a possible USMC attack, would you say build the base there where your cut off from the main land or would you build it on the main land where you need to be?

From a gameplay perspective it has the same disadvantages for the PLA side as it dose in r/l, hard to get to the main land from it and that will really slow up the game play a lot and make it much harder for the PLA to defend from attack.

So ye I would stick the PLA Main on the main land but its up to you

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 15:05   #24
Cossack
Supporting Member

It would be cool if you added the thunder effects and rain. Then map would be perfect.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 16:15   #25
Snazz
Supporting Member

I agree with Rhino, it'd be best to put the carrier in the open ocean in the SW and have the small island as an objective. You can make it a heavily fortified position with temporary rally points at the start of the match.

I think the most ideal spot for the PLA main would be the NE corner (option 1), it allows more objectives elsewhere whilst still giving the PLA ground forces easy access to defend them. The PLA team can use the bridge to go south instead of just west and use boats to go around the coast.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 16:18   #26
myles

Really nice so far i love island assallts and the jungle theme.

Also good to see more maps for the chinese
myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 19:52   #27
General Dragosh

Damn it, i really got hyped try out the map and say what i think about it but sadly i was getting the memory crash thingy and after that crash without a error, too bad =/
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:09   #28
Pvt.LHeureux
-

I just tested you map and I can say that I LAG. The map is ok for a jet, big enough but when you get near the island with any flying asset it's really LAGGY. You need to kill some undergrowth and overgrowth. Flat terrain is ok, look all the other maps you dont need undergrowth everywhere and remove alot of undergrowth near the shore and trees. Make more beachs.

My specs :
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 2.33 GHz
2GB RAM
NVDIA GEforce 8500 GT

Considering that alot of player have about the same specs, it will really be unplayable. Maybe its just on my computer but I don't lag on all other maps
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:54   #29
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
My specs :
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 2.33 GHz
2GB RAM
NVDIA GEforce 8500 GT

Considering that alot of player have about the same specs, it will really be unplayable. Maybe its just on my computer but I don't lag on all other maps
It's 2010... those are 2006 specs. I feel sorry for the PR community if that is what the majority have to endure for PR.
CPU - Fine but could be overclocked
RAM - 2GB? Double that at least for PR
Graphics - 8500GT... blaugh. Time for an upgrade to a gaming graphics card
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 22:09   #30
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Eeeh. PR is not 2010, I mean the graphics dont go up each time a new version is up. Bf2 is 2005 and as I said I run all the maps without problems and have medium-high graphics. Dont forget that my CPU is 4.66 GHZ. Dont have any problem with my RAM and GC. I run STALKER SoC with dynamics light and good shadows without problems. PR is not a challenge for me. And if I had the money I would update it for sure

I'm generally around 40FPS on PR but on this map I fell to like 20FPS when I'm flying near the Island.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, hailstorm, map, operation, wip