project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-12-22, 20:41   #21
Wing Walker
Default Re: Rifle accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadghosty View Post
so i was in game, and i run around a corner see 3 guys go prone zoom in rifle scope on one of them wait like 1 second then shoot
You see, that is your description of what happened.

His description of what happened is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYER THAT KILLED YOU
My squad and I were standing near a building planning our next move. Then suddenly this guy came running around the corner right in front of us! Out of reaction we all opened fire toward him.

We pointed our weapons at him as he dropped to go prone, then we opened fire, our spray of bullets hit in the first second of fire, while he just laid on the ground pointing his weapon at us.

Later, the same thing happened again, go figure...
Can you understand why you got killed here?
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:48   #22
TheOldBreed

protip: when approaching and going round a corner, always (providing you got aimpoint or iron sights) shoulder your weapon i.e always have it 'right-clicked'.
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 22:51   #23
Lange

Auto deviation is a bit intense in my book even settled. One that sticks out is the M16 the burst deviation bad in my opinion on the M16 series in game, way to much bullet spread even if your standing still for a long time often times it takes a lot of bursts to kill your enemy, by that time your raped.

Reddot/Irons is slightly better but still it needs a little adjustment.

Other assault rifles in game are just wack like the G3 often times your lucky to hit anything at all, while other on auto like the TAVOR and QBZ aren't too bad but could use a little less bullet spread in small movements and completely settled as now I think its a bit exaggerated.

AK is pretty decent maybe just needs a bit less spread itself. The L85 has a lot of spread when settled that needs turned down i die so many times using that gun along with the M16.

Its not just autofire but single firing under ideal conditions is mostly allright
Last edited by Lange; 2010-12-22 at 22:57..
Old 2010-12-23, 06:40   #24
Schneids

Well, in real life, for Marines (i'm sure Army does it too, just never trained with them) our Table II of the rifle range includes getting proper sight alignment on a target a few yards up within literally less than a second, and then letting off up to 6 rounds in 8 more seconds, on 2 targets. So real life, you'd probably be able to take those guys out a lot easier.

Implementing a system where you raise your rifle to your shoulder and can almost instantaneously get a few rounds off on target in PR would make the game feel like Call of Duty or some other arcade-ish type of game. I love the way you have to wait a few seconds, because then you can tell who the vets of PR are, and who the noobs are. It feels good once you learn to how to get your rounds on target. It might take a little practice, but while the other guy sits there pulling the trigger rapidly, and you decide to be smart and wait the 2 seconds, all of his rounds are more likely to miss, while your 1-4 rounds will all be on target and result in a successful kill.
Schneids is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, rifle