project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-05, 16:21   #291
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Sit tight boys. We are working on it we decided not to make a post yet until we got something to show for it. Instead of just a 'working on it' news post. We have many running services outside of the MS too. Need to take care of each one.

Old 2016-02-05, 16:23   #292
sabian_
Default Re: PR Master Server Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarWinZip View Post
Well... It's kind of very good idea, but can you explain some tech behind that idea?
Master Server only exist to provide easy access to list of servers. Since somebody (Squad devs?) is not happy about that it is possible to modify PR code to unbind it from Master Server, user will have to put server IP manually. But they wont be able to silent all the servers. Anyway devs probably aware.
Old 2016-02-05, 16:44   #293
RarWinZip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzCrow View Post
what if every server have his own masterserver . and they make so if u log into a server for the first time it save ur name and u can put a password to protect it maybe . i see this in Cs1.6 servers .
Erhm, it seems to me that most of you guys don't understand what is the purpose of Master Server. I'll try to share with you what I know, but I could be wrong at some points. As some of you may remember GameSpy and EA ended any kind of support for BF2 not long ago. That support not only was meant to store account information but also to give information about active accessible servers to users to allow them to join that servers. I don't know who exactly come up with the emulator for that kind of service, but I think it was Forgotten Hope guys. They've find a way to emulate GameSpy services for BF2 in order to give all the users ability to see and to join internet servers. So since MS is down we're not only lacking any way to retrieve our account information and to pass validation, but we aren't able to see any kind of servers unless we're going to join them via IP adress.

Account information stored only on player side and validated on game server side is a nice thing, but it's not safe enough in a way, because your profile could be stolen and/or deleted without you knowing that. But yeah main problem with MS can be fixed by leaving account information at the player side since there's still a way to validate user information.

Well, I hope Mineral and all other dudes involved in the process will sort out the problem soon and let us to kill some infidels again.
Last edited by RarWinZip; 2016-02-05 at 17:22..
Old 2016-02-05, 16:50   #294
Rana-xxx
Banned

admin of PR you meet me in PR i Kill you
Old 2016-02-05, 16:55   #295
RarWinZip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana-xxx View Post
admin of PR you meet me in PR i Kill you
Old 2016-02-05, 17:13   #296
Ezana9

We are all addicts
Old 2016-02-05, 17:16   #297
BulletControl

Devs, do you think you're able to fix the issue today? Assuming no one will be working on Saturday & Sunday so would be good to know if you guys are close to getting the MS up today.
Old 2016-02-05, 17:23   #298
SyriousT

The first time i got the error 1004

Waiting for the PRecious => time is very slow and this is Einstein's relativity
Old 2016-02-05, 17:23   #299
MSD

Anyone can play? Im getting very bored 😥
Old 2016-02-05, 17:23   #300
Rabbit