project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-06-03, 06:40   #331
Elirah
Default Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

And most of the time it's a waste of a fielddress to throw it on wounded bodies.
There are a few cases where it is a good decision to do that, but not all the time.

- Don't waste the fielddresses of your Medic.

I hate then some is reviving me with my medic kit and wasted all of my fielddresses.
Elirah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:11   #332
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Before firing, check the map to see if you are aiming at friendlies.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 08:47   #333
Murkey
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Moszeusz6Pl View Post
Are you sure he will have full health? Afaik first patch disappear after you throw second one, so it's just a waste of field dressings.
Exactly, if a field dressing isn't used it will disappear when the second is dropped.

(Each field dressing gives +25% health, when revived you only have 9% health. Bleeding starts at <75% and the medic can only see your health status at <50%)

If you know the guy can be revived, then drop a field dressing if not, then consider your ammo status, 11 extra dressings is a fair amount but that's the medics decision.

Cheers, Murkey.

Murkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 01:38   #334
ryan d ale

There is a hard-coded limit of 9 squads. With 100 players this can cause difficulties. Please organise squads efficiently. For example: 'HELI TRANS', 'CAS', 'LAV' and 'Sniper' could all be in a squad called SUPPORT.
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 02:15   #335
Zenki

Don't shoot the first thing you see. Call out in local chat to make sure it is not a friendly. Makes the potential target happy, and gives you ease of mind.
Zenki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 18:04   #336
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

PRLauncher.exe can be run through Steam if overlay is disabled, allowing your Steam friends to know you're online.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 22:14   #337
FoxtrotFaulkner

I've read through a decent portion of this thread and haven't seen this particular suggestion, so I apologize in advance if it has already been suggested.

With the influx of new players or players that have been on leave for a long time, there is a significant increase in team kills. The common thing I hear from them afterwards is sorry, I couldn't tell if you were friendly or enemy.

Suggestion: On the map load screen there could be a photo of each rifleman somewhere to the side that doesn't obstruct the view of the map/flags while loading in. This would allow everyone loading in to see what fatigues each faction is wearing for that particular map and layer. I'm thinking that this would eliminate a respectable amount of team kills, the ones that happen in relatively close cqb where checking a map or asking allies/SL to verify is not realistic.

Once again, I apologize in advance if this has been suggested. This is a long thread. Thanks.
FoxtrotFaulkner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 22:39   #338
Jacksonez__

I apologize if this has already been suggested:

Quote:
Conventional factions commander has access to UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). As squad leader, you can ask commander for intelligence of enemy movements.
Quote:
Destroying bridges and mining roads is an excellent way to hamper enemy team's supply routes
Quote:
Even smallest rock can hide you from enemy. Use the surrounds for hiding.
Quote:
Engineers are able to fix broken assets with tool box
Quote:
If you can't see a tank, the tank can probably see you. Tanks and most armored vehicles come with thermal view option.
Last edited by Jacksonez__; 2013-08-10 at 22:49..
Old 2013-08-11, 00:15   #339
a3dboy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__
Engineers are able to fix broken assets with tool box
Erm..What?

Suggestion to remove the tip about Mortars requiring the fire mission to fire.

Tips from me:

If you are under fire and have no clue about enemy's whereabouts throw smoke. Popping out to find the shooter is not the smartest idea when he is expecting you to do this exact thing.

Do not behave predictable. Improvise. Do not follow the pattern as the players on the opposite team are well aware of them too.

Sometimes the least expectable maneuver is the most obvious one.
a3dboy1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 01:12   #340
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Spotting the enemy is vital for the success of your team. If you stumble upon enemy forces worth noting, the Squad Leader (SL) can mark them on your teams map using the radio.
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future releases, loading, screen, suggestion, thread, tip, tips