project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-13, 18:57   #31
wooly-back-jack

their kits are poo though :/
Old 2007-02-13, 19:04   #32
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer
After this wonderful journey, I had safe sex with my knife.
Hopefully you're not a girl.... though I can't figure how you'd do that if you were a guy. Maybe with a bayonet if you had a really small...
Old 2007-02-13, 19:06   #33
DkMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer
And having it shot few times isn't fun and not a challenge in any aspect, knifing is always fun!
If you can shoot it too easily, think about you spotting enemy RP 30m away, shooting it few times, and continuing your trip.. Come on, it doesn't sound romantic.
If you can spot a rally point from 10's of meters away, it deserves to be shot and destroyed from a distance.
Old 2007-02-13, 19:18   #34
Wasteland

Maybe. But you must admit that knifing is more of a compromise between what you're suggesting and the current system, which some people (SoF for instance) prefer.
Old 2007-02-13, 19:34   #35
Golden7B

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV][PIT]dizzy
That is normal behavior for insurgents, they are insurgents. Insurgents get shorter spawn times and more tickets to balance it.
true, didnt notice the shorter spawn times... but still, i would prefer longer spawn times and being able to set rally points.....
Old 2007-02-13, 19:54   #36
Wasteland

Yes, but the idea is that insurgents should use a different playing style from USMC.
Old 2007-02-13, 20:44   #37
Golden7B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
Yes, but the idea is that insurgents should use a different playing style from USMC.
well even if they were able to set rally points, i think that the play style would still be different.... just look at the guns they have! hehe

I just dont see why we couldnt see a squad of insurgents coming out the wood in the back of usmc, I mean were on their turf!
Old 2007-02-14, 00:47   #38
Hides-His-Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
I like the idea of killing it with a knife. If they've found your rally point, they've found your rally point. You're compromised. If you make them wait for someone with explosives to come along, you're just increasing the amount of spawn killing that will take place.

I agree about the glitching though. Get rid of it if possible.

Re: why a knife but not a gun; Come on. We're talking about bags that magically produce men. Can't we suspend realism for a second? Besides. Guns make holes in bags, while knives rip them right up.
to me killing it with a knife represents being able to get up to it, stand by it and physically disable it.

otherwise you could destroy them from ages away, they're a bg target.
Old 2007-02-14, 17:50   #39
NavalLord

I think the rally points are fine as they are. Except, they shouldn't be able to go through walls and rocks. We have to remember that this is first and foremost a game. Fun comes first. If it's not fun, then nobody will want to play it. Let the rally points be near each other, if all the enemy troops are coming from the same place, it makes it easier to defend. And when you get down to the last point, the rally points are going to need to be somewhat close to each other. Also, killing it with explosives is fine the way it is. Since these are our only forward spawns, except for APCs, they shouldn't be destroyed with a burst of fire. Having them being killed by explosives gives a higher importance for the Spec-Ops class. Any serious squad would have at least 1 member from the important classes, that includes Spec-Ops to destroy things. So it promotes effective squad use. Or an AT guy can blow it away, but then he's useless when a tank comes rolling in.
My one issue with the rally points is on the spawn screen. People who don't know about how they work are always clicking on the wrong rally point. They see that they can click on it, so they think they can spawn there. Then they end up way back at the main base, or on some maps, 100ft above the carrier. Why not make it like the squad leader spawns, where you can only click on your own rally point, and you just see the other numbers of other rally points, but you can't click on them. This would help out a lot with the learning curve by allowing people to see only the points they can spawn at. We have to remember that the average intelligence of a public server player is equal to that of an igneous rock.
Old 2007-02-14, 18:35   #40
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden7B
well even if they were able to set rally points, i think that the play style would still be different.... just look at the guns they have! hehe

I just dont see why we couldnt see a squad of insurgents coming out the wood in the back of usmc, I mean were on their turf!
They can. Instead of rally points, insurgents get spawn cars. And because these spawn points are not squad specific, insurgents truly can "come out of the woodwork".

Tags
points, rally