project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-02-14, 13:03   #31
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Civilian penalties not apparent enough

The only reason to play insurgent side is (was?) higher chance of winning. This is the asymmetry I like the most in INS game mode, no matter which side I play. Blufor can get better everything as long as they only rarely win. Playing with good guns and assets is fun. Winning is fun. But for the most of the time these two must not happen at the same time. That's why I see this discussion about nerfing yet another INS asset quite troublesome.

That being said, there are some features with the civilian "kit" that can be exploited too easily. Like jumping off from rooftop while bleeding, or just landing on top of a manned blufor vehicle, leads to civ kill penalty for the blufor. There is also an exploit level feature regarding dropping your kit while surrounded by civis: Cool down timer applies only to the insurgent who drops his kit to become civilian but it does not apply to other nearby civilians. The moment an insrugent drops his kit, everybody else around him are protected by the Rules of Engagement.

I think all these issues can be solved. For example, civilian could be spawn-only kit that cannot be dropped or picked up. Once a civi, always a civi. ROE should still apply, of course. So, hanging out with your armed insurgent friends should make you fair game.
Last edited by bad_nade; 2023-02-14 at 13:48..
Old 2023-02-15, 23:05   #32
jf666
Default Re: Civilian penalties not apparent enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post

I think all these issues can be solved. For example, civilian could be spawn-only kit that cannot be dropped or picked up. Once a civi, always a civi. ROE should still apply, of course. So, hanging out with your armed insurgent friends should make you fair game.
No, this is not what insurgency is about. Blufor should be paranoid just like in real life whether or not a civilian might pull out a gun.

The penalties should indeed be increased. Make it 20/30/60 minutes without a special kit, I dunno. It's just boring to play civi when blufor is too trigger happy, especially with too many new players. No challenge at all.
jf666 is offline Reply With Quote