project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-06-10, 03:50   #31
Jolly
Default Re: Falklands Testing Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q2M100 View Post
Feedback on Helicopters:

1. Argentina needs more choppers! I felt that due to the extreme effectiveness of the jets, having one chopper makes it very difficult for troop transport/supplies. Maybe add a second or third Huey? There is enough space on the mini runway anyways.

2. Quicker helicopter spawns? I feel like the helicopters are dying to quickly and not spawning fast enough. You often wait 10+ minutes to use the chopper for 30 seconds. I know that the assets must feel valuable, but when you have 6+ enemy jets patrolling the sky it is difficult to even use them, let alone keep them alive.
Use AA! Shot'em down!

I do feel flag layout needs to improved, massive of land area are out of combat.
Talk about balance, it's just okay.
But I am confused, why GB lost the first 2 rounds.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:12   #32
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q2M100 View Post
Feedback on Helicopters:

1. Argentina needs more choppers! I felt that due to the extreme effectiveness of the jets, having one chopper makes it very difficult for troop transport/supplies. Maybe add a second or third Huey? There is enough space on the mini runway anyways.

2. Quicker helicopter spawns? I feel like the helicopters are dying to quickly and not spawning fast enough. You often wait 10+ minutes to use the chopper for 30 seconds. I know that the assets must feel valuable, but when you have 6+ enemy jets patrolling the sky it is difficult to even use them, let alone keep them alive.
Thing is helicopters where just very sparse in this war. Argentina realistically should have perhaps another chopper, but they didn't really use there choppers to great effect and really don't want to give them something they didn't really exploit. They mainly used there helis for the odd resupply, but mainly for CSAR (something at some point I hope will be a much bigger thing in PR).

For the Argentinians what I may do is give them a max of two UH-1H Iroquois to spawn on that single spawn point, with a 10min respawn as it was in this test, so that a, the spawn time of it is generally shorter since its not 10mins from when you die, its 10mins from when you take off, and two you have a maximum of two choppers being present for the Argentinians, if you can keep them alive.

As for the Brits, they have a Wessex spawn on the carrier, which has a max of two spawns and only a 5min respawn timer. The problem is that no one really seems to be taking advantage of this chopper, although quite a lot of the time getting it into the combat is flying it from the carrier to the shore line.

On top of that, the Brits have a Chinook spawn on the Atlantic Conveyor, which has a 10min delayed spawn time, with a max of 3 choppers spawning there. The thing here is that the Argentinians can destroy the Atlantic Conveyor, effectively taking out the Chinook spawn, which after they have done that means no more Chinooks for the Brits.

As for Jets vs choppers, I haven't flown the choppers with enemy jets about yet, will try and do that sometime today but from what I've seen, the jets are normally far too busy trying to kill each other to worry about the choppers but that's only from watching choppers fly about from being on foot, although I have taken out the odd one when flying a jet, but only if I stumble across him and no other targets are around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
I do feel flag layout needs to improved, massive of land area are out of combat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Flag layout (as well as asset layout) is based very much on the 1982 war:

Although at some point in the future I may do an alternative layer that goes beyond that, for now would just like to keep things simple and stick with that

I also personally believe that one good solid layer is better for gameplay than loads of untested and mostly unbalanced layers which its a gamble if your going to get a good, fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
But I am confused, why GB lost the first 2 rounds.
My concision is mainly down to a very dug in defense of goose green and Argies having too many tickets. Last testing, no one seemed to defend Goose Green, which now I think was possibly mainly down to player counts and more attractive to capture flags than to defend, so this time I added a logi truck there, but that's made it too easy to defend

The other is the Argies can too easily get onto Douglas from Mt. Malo at the start of the round.

Old 2012-06-10, 07:43   #33
Arnoldio
Banned

Played a round or two yesterdays yes.

Very nice, very nice. Dont like the night layert too much, though it isnt bad at all. So, the map being big is good, veiwdistance is also good, but the lack of cover and interesting terrain, coupled with long viewdistances is a bit of a shame, but hey, thats how the islands look, what can you do about it...

Oh and night layer is exploitable with brightness and gamma increase... i wont do it since i play for immersion not kills but everybody does it pretty much...
Last edited by Arnoldio; 2012-06-10 at 09:31..
Old 2012-06-10, 09:59   #34
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

I think the night layer is perfect for this map. CQB and tracers. It should definitely be an alternative option - as long you change the sky map as it is too pixelated, but I'm sure you know that already.

I'm not too sure what the other part of the island is there for - or rather, "the other" island. Other than people building AAs there it seems pretty obsolete. What are your ideas for that, Rhino?

Old 2012-06-10, 13:05   #35
MaxBooZe

I'm suprised no one mentioned this but the Quad on Goose Green can be quite game breaking in the initial phase of the round. It can easily shoot at the ridge the Brits have to use to get out of their main/San Carlos. If a semi-compotent gunner is using it he can destroy the trucks/land rovers and possibly the Scimitar if it's not very smart.

Since the Scimitar is both vulnerable to the Quad and is on a delayed spawn it can be really hard for the Brits to move on to Goose green. The Quad can not only shoot the ridge they have to come over but in fact the entire flat region surrounding Goose Green to the North-North-East, North and everything from North to South-West.

Now I understand the Quad to be a somewhat effective Anti-Infantry weapon but in it's current state it's a bit ridiculous, perhaps limit it's ability to aim down by a few degrees?
Old 2012-06-10, 13:10   #36
CommunistComma
Banned

Night made my eyes hurt and isn't as good as Tad, and I liked how I didn't drop thru the ground constantly.

Also if you insist on night layout change the Argentina placeholder to militia or something because Brits have an unfair advantage regarding camoflauge.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:30   #37
Kevokpo

I loved the night layer, I know you cannot see shit but it's all about that, if you can see everything in the night, why making a night map?

I love the night layer, and mostly because of the infantry
Old 2012-06-10, 17:23   #38
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
DDS.. Just... Read on game design.. And come back.

I would like to have a layer where you have flags on all the islands. And make all of them capable. Like say 2 flags per island.

The same assets. This might spread AIR around abit, since they were mostly flying over the main island, unless they did some sort of formation stuff.
deleted. forget it

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 2012-06-10, 18:38   #39
VaDj[Anti-tank]

http://files.prteamwork.com/largedow...ands_v0-13.zip

FFFFUUUUUUUU!
where to download?
Old 2012-06-10, 18:53   #40
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

You are trying to download the old version I think. here for the new version:

download link:http://realitymodfiles.com/rhino/lev...ands_v0-14.zip
Swiss mirror: http://mirror.bloodydeed.ch/prbf2_falklands_v0-14.zip .
filepassword: killerpenguin
info:This is a new build from last week, last week was PR:F v0.13, this week is PR:F v0.14 so anyone who downloaded last weeks build will also need to download and install this weeks otherwise you will CTD on map load.
Installation: Simply extract the "pr" folder from the zip file into your C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\ (dir might not be excatly the same, depending on your system and where you installed it) folder, overwriting all previous files. This won't affect normal PR in anyway.

Tags
falklands, feedback, testing