project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-06-06, 22:40   #31
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Default Re: Lack of SLs

Admins are the final word in quality control, from trolls to bad commanders.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 20:23   #32
Cavazos

I never seen a bad commander.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 21:07   #33
Mikemonster

I used to enjoy squad leading a lot, but I stopped because it got less and less fun. I only enjoy SL'ing on certain maps, and these are generally maps that are fun to play as a lonewolf anyway.

If we're in a round of Muttrah, Beirut, Ramiel, Karbala, Qwai, Kokan you may see me SL'ing - This is because they are the right size, the right terrain, and have the right mix of urban and country fighting. You can adapt your play to your squad's skill. This can be great fun even if you have a fairly poor squad (squads of inexperienced/bad players can still feel part of a 'unit' if you lead well and don't beat them up about it - Inexperienced players generally don't know when they are doing badly or well, it's all just one big cool experience).

Mostly PR is just asset maps and tree maps though, which turns even a good squad into sitting ducks most of the time, or makes you tell the other 7 guys to wait around for 30mins, hoping something interesting happens. Or you tell them to spawn in on a rally and then you blunder about in some trees for 20mins before everyone gets wiped out, ad infinitum.

With the popularity of these maps I just find PR less and less rewarding, leading to me not bothering to play.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 03:31   #34
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemonster View Post
I used to enjoy squad leading a lot, but I stopped because it got less and less fun. I only enjoy SL'ing on certain maps, and these are generally maps that are fun to play as a lonewolf anyway.

If we're in a round of Muttrah, Beirut, Ramiel, Karbala, Qwai, Kokan you may see me SL'ing - This is because they are the right size, the right terrain, and have the right mix of urban and country fighting. You can adapt your play to your squad's skill. This can be great fun even if you have a fairly poor squad (squads of inexperienced/bad players can still feel part of a 'unit' if you lead well and don't beat them up about it - Inexperienced players generally don't know when they are doing badly or well, it's all just one big cool experience).

Mostly PR is just asset maps and tree maps though, which turns even a good squad into sitting ducks most of the time, or makes you tell the other 7 guys to wait around for 30mins, hoping something interesting happens. Or you tell them to spawn in on a rally and then you blunder about in some trees for 20mins before everyone gets wiped out, ad infinitum.

With the popularity of these maps I just find PR less and less rewarding, leading to me not bothering to play.
Open maps allow you to see at a distance, direct mortars and other assets, before you even get in rifle range. Maybe thats what the enemy is doing to you?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lack, sls