project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2023-06-13, 20:11   #31
KSK Membra
Default Re: Operation Schlagwetter [WIP]

Fixed due to changing plans later
KSK Membra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 22:48   #32
Rabbit

Okay a big overall question I have still stands. Is there any part of your original concept that you want to see through to them end. Something that you wont abandon and must remain part of your original idea. Or are you just trying to make a map for PR and thinking of things that might be interesting. I feel like we need to know what YOUR goals are people can give feedback that helps you. And maybe an actual mapping dev will come and help you seeing as they still haven't even though they are better suited to.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-14, 00:57   #33
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I like the idea of fighting over an airport in a european setting, although since you decided to make a 2km map if I were you I would make the airfield more or less the only focus of the map. There could be different poi's within the airfield, for example terminal buildings, office buildings, hangars, supply and storage facilities, barracks for soldiers etc.

Having those smaller poi's that seem to have nothing to do with an airport at the edges of the map, don't really fit the size and they look pretty unatural.

As others mentioned there should be room around the airport for airplanes to land without having to worry about hitting trees. I would add more crop fields/open areas around the airport.

The airfield itself is the biggest problem imo. I'm sorry to say but it looks very unrealistic. The proportions of runway width and length is way off. If I were you I would redo the airfield and make the runway go diagonally from SE to NW.

Another point is Operation Falcon seems very similar to this. That's another reason to make the main focus of the map revolve around the airfield and not random poi's around it.

Lastly I would recommend looking at more real-life references. look at pictures and google maps of airfields. I think this is the most important thing to make your map better.

With all that said I think you've done a much better job than others who tried making maps. You definately seem to have the potential to make a good map, it just needs more inspiration and ideas from similar real-life areas imo.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
And maybe an actual mapping dev will come and help you seeing as they still haven't even though they are better suited to.
To me, you will always be a mapping dev

Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-14, 15:16   #34
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
So let me start with this. Its pretty fucking annoying that no dev mappers have jumped in here to help you out. Only 2 have been around long enough to be too annoyed by it.
It's 2023, Discord is a thing.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 16:40   #35
KSK Membra

Changes

Removed Airport and added a City [IN PROGRESS STILL]
Last edited by KSK Membra; 2023-06-29 at 16:48..
Old 2023-06-29, 16:48   #36
KSK Membra

Quote:
Okay a big overall question I have still stands. Is there any part of your original concept that you want to see through to them end. Something that you wont abandon and must remain part of your original idea. Or are you just trying to make a map for PR and thinking of things that might be interesting. I feel like we need to know what YOUR goals are people can give feedback that helps you. And maybe an actual mapping dev will come and help you seeing as they still haven't even though they are better suited to.
I just go along the way and think stuff out
Old 2023-06-29, 20:36   #37
KSK Membra

PREVIOUS

NEW

Old 2023-06-30, 07:16   #38
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Is that a satire? If not, please, go outside and check how actual world looks like.

you can turn off signatures in options
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 07:57   #39
puffkiller

It looks better than before, but there is also a new problem.

There seem to be too many apartments with internal space, and in PVP mode, you need to clean every building, just like a dragonfly.
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:29   #40
KSK Membra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
Is that a satire? If not, please, go outside and check how actual world looks like.
Thanks for an irrelevant comment especially coming from you.