project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-03-21, 09:41   #31
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: M-16 Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
Aim under where the two red lines meet. So if you want a headshot don't put the tip on there head put it just above it.
Just like i said the thing needs to be smaller its to big.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 2009-03-22, 19:29   #32
Sparatan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
Just like i said the thing needs to be smaller its to big.
agreed, not to mention theres no distance slope
Old 2009-03-25, 02:14   #33
flem615

i have to say i have the same problem with damage, but i like it that way. the M16 does not do a massive amount of damage. i think that the damage needs to be left alone, but the accuracy could be a bit better. no major problems or complaints though.
Old 2009-03-31, 05:47   #34
GreGorY.c.k

i love the M-16, for suppressive fire or otherwise...although i admit it can be unpredictable. I have had experiences in game whereby I have fired 10-15 bullets from a prone position at 20 meters and hit nothing but air...and on the other hand I can be standing and pop a shot through my targets head at 100 meters without even firing a second shot to be sure.

In game, you have to take what you can get, let rip and see what happens! Sometimes you will be glad you fired when you thought there was no way you would hit the target. At first you will be saying 'wtf, this guys gonna call h4cks' but after a while you will simply stroke the barrel, chuckle and mutter 'this rifle is bs'

EDIT* On the question of power, No, the M-16 is a much smaller calibre and hence will not have as much of an impact compared to an AK47 at short-mid range. However, less power = less kick = less deviation = more accurate = a better weapon for a professional army. I would show you the maths but its a bit early for that :P The US are looking at a larger calibre rifle which could eventually replace the M-16. Initial testing shows that it is only mildly less accurate, whist having the ability to neutralise a target without aiming directly for the head or vitals.

We may be coming to the point where the limiting factor on balistic weaponry is the atmosphere and gravity of the earth itself...thats a scary thought
Last edited by GreGorY.c.k; 2009-03-31 at 05:55..
Old 2009-05-14, 05:44   #35
RHYS4190

[B]Problem is if you make the guns as accurate as they are in real life then the game suffers from it.

in real life you can more effectively used cover you can use more of it and expose your self less, in pr you can't do that not completely, in pr you hiding behind a barricade for example when you want too shot you have to stand all the way up leaving your self exposed. Would you stand up in a fire fight no you make your self as small a target as possible. In PR you don't have that sort of protection, im constantly frustrated that i really can't use cover very well or protect my self from enemy fire,

If the Dev's made the weapons too accurate the these weakness will really start too became apparent,

Truly deviation is a good thing in many way, because it compensates for your lack of protection offered by cover, by making you harder too hit. making thing a lot safer and making the game a lot more fun too play.

it also promotes more teamwork and squad work, and leads too much more spectacular fire fights.

in my opinion i think it should be slightly increased it now way too easy too snipe people, just the other day i sniped a guy running at full speed with a scoped m-16 at 446's meters.
when i pulled that shot off i was laughing not in a good way. simply put that shot should not have happened that easily.

in real life meters not Bf2 meter kubra dam from ether side is about 800 meters more or less, at 800 meters the m-16 bullet is passed it effective range,
Old 2009-05-14, 07:20   #36
flickflackingfligger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYS4190 View Post
[B]
in my opinion i think it should be slightly increased it now way too easy too snipe people, just the other day i sniped a guy running at full speed with a scoped m-16 at 446's meters.
when i pulled that shot off i was laughing not in a good way. simply put that shot should not have happened that easily.
Marines have to qualify at 500 meters at the rifle range, so thats a hella good shot
Old 2009-05-14, 08:29   #37
JERICHO777

Is this possible to see new M16,4, models in American army, as i saw they already using them, just need to add new mods)))
P.S. Sorry for adding this post here, admin delete it if iam not right.
Attached Thumbnails
526d19dc.jpg   M16A4.jpg  
Old 2009-05-14, 12:44   #38
RHYS4190

id consider that a miracle shot if it was real life, especially with a 5.62, there just too light to go that far, They curve considerable at that range so people tell me, i was talking too a Old guy i met at Anzac firing range in Sydney he said that The 5.62 is good up to 300 400 maybe even 600m it dead accurate and has a very flat trajectory. but after that the Bullet weight start too let it down and it will curve dramatically,
Old 2009-05-14, 13:52   #39
sakils2
Banned

Quote:
id consider that a miracle shot if it was real life, especially with a 5.62, there just too light to go that far, They curve considerable at that range so people tell me, i was talking too a Old guy i met at Anzac firing range in Sydney he said that The 5.62 is good up to 300 400 maybe even 600m it dead accurate and has a very flat trajectory. but after that the Bullet weight start too let it down and it will curve dramatically,
I think using BOLD is really cool, too.

What are you talking about? M16A4/M4 uses 5.56x45mm, not 5.62...
Old 2009-05-14, 15:39   #40
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
A 5.62 has an affective range of 300m fired from a F88 i would asume it would be the same for a M16, but that being said a experienced shooter can get a 100mm grouping at 450m say a INF riflemen in the Australian army cant say (aka dont wanna piss anyone off) about the other coalition forces.

As for the curving, the way a round travels is in a down up then back down way let me explain, when a projectile is fired from the weapon as soon as the projectile leaves the end of the barrel it drops and at 100m should drop about 30m from POA (point of aim), then at 200m it would be about 40mm high then POA, then at 300m the round should fall right on POA as demonstated in the following pics.

^^^^POA is in Red blue is where the round hits^^^^

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth

Tags
accuracy, m16