project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2012-04-29, 16:21   #31
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Tutorial]Recreating Map's Editor Files

I has an idea...could you rename the original map's folder, and try loading the map again in the editor - perhaps a file is still pointing to the old files (maybe the .mat?) and that is resulting in this strangeness; just a thought.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:31   #32
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHope129 View Post
Hi,
I was regenerating kashan for personal use and I got up the the part where you put the detail textures in and i put editor in detail texture mode and got black stripes spanning the map. I'm not entirely sure what im supposed to do in this case. Should i paint these areas, or did i do something wrong? Ill post a screenshot, Thanks.

I just experienced the same problem. So after some investigation it looks like the action script isn't working correctly. When I checked my files they were all saved as DXT5. I started over and tried again to see if it would reproduce the same error and it did. So then I created a new script that saved the files correctly and the map looks correct now (i.e. no black lines).

Btw, I used Photoshop CS5 and Outlawz used CS3 so maybe that caused the issue, or maybe since the first link went down Outlawz uploaded an old/incorrect script the second time. In any case, a new script is needed. I would upload mine but I don't know how to make it save files to the right spot. I had to manually copy mine over after it was done.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 04:45   #33
HangMan_

can u upload your updated/new script? Please
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:26   #34
Clos3r

Nice tutorial!
Can you upload to us?
Clos3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:52   #35
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Redid it, check if it works, file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rar SalvageColorDetail.rar (286 Bytes, 49 views)

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:41   #36
Gracler

Did the black line issue get resolved? I tryed this "new" action script and Im still having black lines how is the manual way again?

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AFsoccer View Post
I just experienced the same problem. So after some investigation it looks like the action script isn't working correctly. When I checked my files they were all saved as DXT5. I started over and tried again to see if it would reproduce the same error and it did. So then I created a new script that saved the files correctly and the map looks correct now (i.e. no black lines).
Am I right that it should save it as DXT1 -> alpha 1 -> no mips?

Edit2:
using woody's Texture Viewer it tells me that the dds files from "detailmaps" are "format 16bit- R5G6B5 size 256x256 mipmap1/1"

after i run the action script in photoshop (im using CS5) it changes to the same except its now size 256x512 size..... shoudnt it be 512x512 ? Im not sure that the settings in the dds save dialogue is correct, and i wonder what they should be or if somone has a profile I can use that is correct.

Furthermore the action script dosent seem to have any effect on the dds save dialogue so it will save-as with the previous used dds settings, which means i guess i have to set them properly to get this to work.

Problem Solved ! see below
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-01-24 at 01:34..
Old 2013-01-23, 20:35   #37
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It's probably best to create your own script. It's fairly easy to do so, and then you can have it save the files in the correct format and in whatever location you prefer. As for format, it should be 32-bit A8R8G8B8 512x512 and 1 mipmap.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 01:26   #38
Gracler

Default Solved!!

There is apparently nothing wrong with the script what I did to resolve my problem was!
  1. test save a dds to bring up the Nvidia dds format save dialogue. Here I set it to 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp and under MIP Map Generation i set it to "Generate MIP maps" "1"
  2. Then I ran the script like this guide describes and it worked fine

The main problem was that I had checked "Use Existing MIP maps" which gave me a 256x512 format
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 15:44   #39
Ivancic1941
Default Re: Recreating Map's Editor Files

Plz
I downloaded salvagecolordetail and I have PS2.So I opened rar file and in it was something that I just extracted(in tut it says install?) to Ps2/Presets/Actions (note I needed to create this actions folder). After I started proces I came to
" and select the SalvageColorDetail action set and under actions" in batch. But there wasnt this to select. I dont know how to activate/install this salvagecolordetail as there is not exe in downloaded
Ivancic1941 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 03:14   #40
Guedoe
BSS Developer

Default Re: Recreating Map's Editor Files

Any chance of getting the salvagecolordetail.atn updated for ps2019?

RETIRED
Guedoe is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
editor, files, map, recreating, tutorialrecreating