project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-06-22, 02:00   #31
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Use weapon slot 9 for non-medics.. the ONLY kits that use the 9 key are combat engineer/sapper with yellow water container IED(militia, Hamas, Insurgent,ARF) for their patch and insurgent medics with their 11 patches. All wounded bodies including enemy should be draggable.
You forgot about parashot.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 17:23   #32
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Yeah we had the same idea. Could be alternative fire on shovel.
Or add it as weapon for unarmed.
Or remove knife and replace with drag.
Or only add it to select few kits with remaining slots (this is very inconsistent among factions and their variants though.

There are lots of ways to add it to more kits. Question is mostly if it's a good idea. Which we are still unsure about So we aren't looking much for feedback on how to implement it, mostly feedback from you guys if we should.
Use knife right click to drag, i have perfect justification. First off dont get rid of the knife... because knife and dragging go together in real life. The knife is many soldiers secondary weapon as most don't carry pistols. When you knife someone off a stealth kill you remove and hide his body. So he cant tell medic where he is. Knifing and dragging just go together, so it should be apart of the same weapon slot because you going to drag the body you just knifed. I am also implying here to let us drag enemy bodies, insurgents did it from time to time and capturing wounded is part of war. EDIT: I dont like sending the squads medics out there to drag guys themselves, i want medics asking regular kits to drag the guys to them so if this is possible please do this.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-01-21 at 02:59..
Old 2020-07-18, 15:14   #33
WingWalker

I think the Medic should be the only one to drag bodies.

It is their role to play.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 21:15   #34
lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I think the Medic should be the only one to drag bodies.

It is their role to play.
I don't agree. Their role is to TREAT people, not necessarily put their lives at extreme danger dragging people off heated areas. You actually may want to have your rifleman do that instead. Or your breacher, because if he dies, medic can still save lots of people who are in safer areas.
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 09:20   #35
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
This isn't coop.
The weapon enforcement is only for animations.
So just like how multiple ways to do the function of stand up from prone you can either crouch, press prone button or jump with spacebar to stand up.. Just like multiple ways to do one function with that, can we have the right click of our knife be made to drag bodies so EVERYONE can drag?

Just like how medics rifle slings across the chest, same should happen with knife/grenade/pistol or whatever other piece of gear is out. More visual realism depth. If possible could it be made so we could also drag crates indoors too to move from bad dropped spots. Like the body grab hit box, could that grab be put on a crate hypothetically requiring 2 men for the XL supply crates?

I feel enemy should be able to drag be dragged too, so we can hide body of exact spot somebody is killed. Grenades make bodies go dead dead, so being able to pile them up would be useful too. It could add more depth to the game seeing your friendly dragged away by enemy. New tricks and tactics for getting enemy to chase the dragging body around corner looking for a kill but dragger is being covered by friendly. Useful for knife kills, stealth and such for non-squad leaders whose dots disappear from map.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 19:31   #36
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Perhaps if one drops their kit, they can drag bodies?
i.e. The unarmed kit can drag bodies.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 23:36   #37
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
I don't agree. Their role is to TREAT people, not necessarily put their lives at extreme danger dragging people off heated areas. You actually may want to have your rifleman do that instead. Or your breacher, because if he dies, medic can still save lots of people who are in safer areas.
I just thought of another way to do it for everyone. On the commo rose call out for medic we can make it so there is a right click to access a drag control function without using a keyboard button. Same concept as crouch and drag without holding 2, just open commo rose, go to "medic" call out and right click.

Have it look like this Call Medic/Drag Body instead of just Call Medic
We can call medic while dragging for added effect of the battlefield. Adds a new dynamic of anyone can cover the dragger and drag themselves.

Forgive commo rose misquote of the callout phrase.

Another way to expand on my knife drag suggestion, if we were to leave open possibility of shooting with right click bayonet fixed for factions/weapons that don't have knives in hand. Instead of right click drag for knife, we could press 1 on the knife to drag like we do for the 2 on medics to start. Give 2 ways to drag. Give same messages or change it to "No pulse, He is dead".
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 05:11   #38
Grump/Gump.45

I just thought of yet ANOTHER WAY to accomplish everyone dragging bodies. Instead of alternate buttons for shovel/knife or whatever.

We could and should put the drag function into the "dropped kit" you get by dropping kit. The dropped kit is an invisible kit. Just another place to have it, where we will use it to bring bodies back to medics.

We have enough slots in the un-armed dropped kit for dragging, fists, 1 hand up, 2 hands up, rocks and a playing dead random ragdoll animation slot, which should give the arms the ragdoll position so I don't need to hide my hands on head anymore.

Its realistic because if I had to run and get somebody, I wouldn't want my gear slowing me down or draining my energy. Which to be clear not everyone every time including me would drop all my or varying amounts equipment. I would keep on my helmet, battle/duty pistol belt, fanny pack, rifle, water bottle left cargo pocket and couple mags in right cargo pocket.

So I am implying that I believe dropped kit should still be able to have pistol,
medical patch and rifle with 2 mags + 1 in the gun. Then still have drag, 1 hand up, 2 hands up, rocks, play dead ragdoll position and fists. For a total of 9 slots.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-09-26 at 05:44..
Old 2022-09-26, 11:25   #39
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I just thought of yet ANOTHER WAY to accomplish everyone dragging bodies. Instead of alternate buttons for shovel/knife or whatever.

We could and should put the drag function into the "dropped kit" you get by dropping kit. The dropped kit is an invisible kit. Just another place to have it, where we will use it to bring bodies back to medics.

I don't think it will be a good idea, but it can work I'm sure.

As to why I don't think its a good idea, If i drop my kit I should beable to drag for longer burning less stamina cause no equipment right? But no cause that's not implemented as far as I know, so I don't want to drop my kit to drag someone at the same speed as a fully equiped medic. And speaking from experience, I rather just do the bandage and stab trick and let them crawl away than dragging them to safety, dragging is just too slow and risky in most cases
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 13:16   #40
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Across the board, IMHO all players should be able to drag bodies. It is a massive teamwork function for a massively teamwork based military game, any SL should be able to order one or two guys to retrieve a downed squad member.

If it needs limitations, add them -- maybe stamina goes down as fast as or faster than just sprinting while dragging, when gone, body is dropped? Or maybe time based - or distance dragged...

Either way, feels like it would be far less realistic for a player to need to, for example, swap kits in order to have the 'kit' to drag a player if/when needed. Totally makes sense that this role based game would seem to want to put that 'skill' onto only those whose role is fitting for the action, but it seems more like a general action that anyone should be able to do, like self-healing from a bandage or such.
+1 It would help alot
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote