project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2010-04-01, 14:08   #31
Robert1983nl
Default Re: [reskin]Boeing CH-47F Chinook

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeanHavoc View Post
Oke can you completely remodel the nose?

Let me copy past my post then: " As long as I didn't see any gray Chinooks I wont texture them." capice?

I don't think you are to very clever, how can i see the Dutch CH-47F as they haven't been fielded? I'm a skinner, I was talking about the skin, not about the small bitchin details you want too have changed in the model.

Are they people who might like having something adjustments in the skin?
Well, you'll see gray Chinooks in a couple of months. Same color gray like the Cougar. It's called the Project REALITY mod. So if you want to make it realistic, you make the Foxtrot model gray. It's that simple. If you want to slack and deliver a half assed job, be my guest.

Don't tell anyone they're not too clever, if you yourself can't even spell English properly.
I was just giving you inside tips to get a great product, I guess you have your head stuck up too deep in your ass to do something with it.
Old 2010-04-01, 14:26   #32
Stoic Sentinel
Default Re: [reskin]Boeing CH-47 Chinook

Jesus, man! He did this in his own free time, created a beautiful product and I'm pretty damned sure he didn't get payed. If you want it gray, DO IT YOURSELF!!
Old 2010-04-01, 15:20   #33
Wakain

c'mon guys, do we really need the americans to save from internal strife? children be gentle, please.
Old 2010-04-01, 15:56   #34
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The Chinook skin was based of the current situation as its being deployed in Afghanistan, that version is a green one which Nemeanhavoc was so kind enough to make for us in his spare time for free.

If the RNLAF is going to paint them "all" gray in the future we might consider it in the future the same goes for the F model nose, but not now.
Why not? For Afghanistan based maps it will stay green period, this is because we are pulling out of that country by the end of this year and I seriously doubt a gray model will fly there unless the mission gets extended again.

I am putting all MY free time and effort since at least 3 years into gathering/changing and making all the components to bring the Dutch forces into PR for EVERYONE to enjoy for FREE.
And since im the boss of the Dutch Forces for PR, I decide what goes in and what not and what will be put in later on.

End of discussion.

Keep it civil, that goes for everyone! or ill moderate and/or lock the topic!

Old 2010-04-01, 15:56   #35
NemeanHavoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1983nl View Post
Well, you'll see gray Chinooks in a couple of months. Same color gray like the Cougar. It's called the Project REALITY mod. So if you want to make it realistic, you make the Foxtrot model gray. It's that simple. If you want to slack and deliver a half assed job, be my guest.

Don't tell anyone they're not too clever, if you yourself can't even spell English properly.
I was just giving you inside tips to get a great product, I guess you have your head stuck up too deep in your ass to do something with it.
First of all you ever heard dyslexia?
Kinda childiss to start bitching on someones langues.

the model name wil be changed to C-47D for you.
I however don't think you can't read, since I just sayed if i didn't seen it I wont do it.
I know the dutch MOD, they say things but it end up taking years.
As long you are ore a spray painter a pilot ore the damn officer that took that decision, I don't care about your opinion.
The chinooks in uruzgan now fly in green. (I don't even think they are in A-stan atm).
So by the time they are send back to a-stan the mission wil be over.
Let me do it my way, I don't need your opinion any more since you don't understand.

now I ask you politly to leave it up to us.
You understand me now??
Old 2010-04-01, 17:33   #36
Robert1983nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeanHavoc View Post
First of all you ever heard dyslexia?
Kinda childiss to start bitching on someones langues.

the model name wil be changed to C-47D for you.
I however don't think you can't read, since I just sayed if i didn't seen it I wont do it.
I know the dutch MOD, they say things but it end up taking years.
As long you are ore a spray painter a pilot ore the damn officer that took that decision, I don't care about your opinion.
The chinooks in uruzgan now fly in green. (I don't even think they are in A-stan atm).
So by the time they are send back to a-stan the mission wil be over.
Let me do it my way, I don't need your opinion any more since you don't understand.

now I ask you politly to leave it up to us.
You understand me now??
Well, I guess you should care about my opinion because I'm a RNLAF Chinook pilot. I just thought that it would be wise to make 'm gray because they all will be in the near future. Especially since this topic first mentioned the CH-47F, which is already gray. I've seen the pictures, but I'm not sure if they're online. Gray sure looks good on it. This is the whole reason why I decided to react. The Foxtrot is gray, the Delta is olive drabe green and in the near future they'll all be painted grey, just like all the Cougars and F16's.
And for the nose: Also the CH-47D has a different nose. It's because there's a weather radar in it, the American and British standard Chinooks don't have that. Also all Dutch Chinooks will be fitted with different airfilters. Also in Afghanistan. So if there's a modeler in the house who could change that, that'd be awesome!
It makes sense to keep the CH-47D green to make it fit the current Afghanistan environment. And yeah, this month the Chinooks will be deployed again in Afghanistan. Also, it would never make sense to make a 'clean' skin for a Chinook, cause a Chinook is always dirty and greasy.
Old 2010-04-01, 18:13   #37
NemeanHavoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1983nl View Post
Well, I guess you should care about my opinion because I'm a RNLAF Chinook pilot. I just thought that it would be wise to make 'm gray because they all will be in the near future. Especially since this topic first mentioned the CH-47F, which is already gray. I've seen the pictures, but I'm not sure if they're online. Gray sure looks good on it. This is the whole reason why I decided to react. The Foxtrot is gray, the Delta is olive drabe green and in the near future they'll all be painted grey, just like all the Cougars and F16's.
And for the nose: Also the CH-47D has a different nose. It's because there's a weather radar in it, the American and British standard Chinooks don't have that. Also all Dutch Chinooks will be fitted with different airfilters. Also in Afghanistan. So if there's a modeler in the house who could change that, that'd be awesome!
It makes sense to keep the CH-47D green to make it fit the current Afghanistan environment. And yeah, this month the Chinooks will be deployed again in Afghanistan. Also, it would never make sense to make a 'clean' skin for a Chinook, cause a Chinook is always dirty and greasy.
in that case i should say im sorry. if you can provide me with the color and a pic that would be good, i cant skin i didnt seen yet. will the f-16 be egal gray aldo? im just pist of people placing stupit coments last days people/civilians tell me stuff who seems too know stuff, i never heard off. will the cougar colors be the one all use? the model wont be change, but i can make a future skin and one wich is beeing uses in astan right now.
glimmer its you too decide.
Old 2010-04-01, 18:18   #38
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You can make the grey skin as a alternative, but for the Afghan theatre I prefer the green one, but as soon as the 4km NL map is done the grey one is a option, that goes for the cougar also.

Old 2010-04-01, 19:12   #39
Robert1983nl

No worries.

The gray Cougar was a test-object. Turns out the gray is way better than the green camouflage. It's harder to spot bye eye and IR camera and also easier to be painted over for temporary camouflage. All the Cougars will be painted gray in Woensdrecht when they undergo their phase maintenance. The CH-47F's will be the same gray, as will be the F16, though I'm not sure about the specifics on the F16.
Unfortunatly I will not post any pictures here of the grey CH-47F. You'll have to wait for the regular media online. All I can say is that it's the same gray as the Cougar, the writing KONINKLIJKE LUCHTMACHT will be a bit bigger and in dark grey, and the roundel will be in tone-down gray tones. (for as far as I remember correctly)
Old 2010-04-01, 22:06   #40
NemeanHavoc

Oke Sometimes you have to admit you got your ass kicked, I just read this.
Quote:
Een Cougar-transporthelikopter van het Defensie Helikopter Commando is als eerste helikopter voorzien van een nieuwe grijze kleur. De kleur vervangt de groene camouflage-tinten waarmee de transporthelikopters momenteel zijn uitgerust. Een Cougar vloog tijdens een testfase van 2 jaar al in een grijze kleurstelling. Na evaluatie is gekozen voor een nieuwe grijze kleur.

Het chromaatarme verfsysteem is een semi-gloss. Testen wijzen uit dat de helikopter daardoor minder opvalt in de omgeving, zowel zonder als met infraroodcamera. De grijze kleur biedt mogelijkheden om bij langdurige missies een extra verflaag aan te brengen voor woestijn- of jungle-camouflage. De Koninklijke Luchtmacht past het nieuwe grijs al toe op haar F-16’s en de verf zal tevens worden gebruikt op de Chinook-transporthelikopters.

De Cougar S-453 is tijdens zijn 15-jaarlijkse inspectie met de nieuwe kleur bespoten. De andere Cougars en de Chinook-transporthelikopters volgen later. Het spuiten gebeurt op Logistiek Centrum Woensdrecht.
My bad, I will start working on the skin as soon as I have time, remember it isn't 15 min of work it takes time, witch I don't have to much.

Are you already flying? 26/27 is pretty young..
you need to be 23 to start the education if i remember correct, then KMA+6 month pilot + 2/3 years training?
How long have you been flying?
Just want to know if the information is correct.. saw to many people on-line who pretend to be something they are not. No offence.

Pm me if you want, I work for the mod as well.

Jasper

Tags
ch47, ch47f, chinook, reskinboeing