project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-11-11, 10:25   #31
calstifer
Default Re: SkyJumpys MortarCalc - Mortar Calculator

Love this very much.
calstifer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 20:14   #32
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member

This software is awesome. But it could be more awesome. Maybe u can add the marker which can be added ingame by commander and sl, likewise for enemy fob's or HAT... And the possibility to drag the map and zoom would be cool. Also it would be awesome when u can add arrow markers or lines to discribe tactics. So it would more be a commander tool with a implyied mortar calculation programm.

Really, this would be awesome, when u can do this, i think many player would run this programm on a second computer or screen, like i already do.
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 00:41   #33
CoLdFiRe88

ok, so I feel retarded cause im having a hard time using this, especially when im supposed to be studying java.

I open imageJ, open a map in it, and draw a line, then what?
CoLdFiRe88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 05:59   #34
Predator.v2

open map and go plugins, macros, mortarcals.

THEN you start drawing lines and a new windows with mortar datas gonna open.
Btw how do i get the new map running here?
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 21:03   #35
temexter
Supporting Member

Hey, i think this is still working. Any development to come?

.97 map pack minimaps are missing.

I tried with Project Normandy as we might use this. Minimap is ok but how do i get heightmap and convert it to png format?

Anyone tried with new maps?

temexter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 09:02   #36
bishop_smith2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJumpy View Post
in your pr-folder under levels -> *mapname* -> server.zip -> HeightmapPrimary.raw
you can open that in photoshop. (might need a special plugin though, not sure anymore)

you can get most info about heightmaps from this thread afaik: (2nd post)
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...-minimaps.html
That explains where to find the heightmap. It's a raw, headerless grayscale image with 16-bit pixels in LSB (little-endian) byte order ("IBM machine type"). It is necessary to scale the heightmap to the same size as the minimap. The original dimensions are on the line starting "heightmap.setSize" in the HeightData.con file in the same zip file as the HeightmapPrimary.raw file. Save the scaled image as a 16-bit grayscale .png and copy it to the imagej-mortarcalc1.2\ImageJ\minimaps\heightmaps folder. When naming the file, follow the pattern of the other file names in that folder.

For example, I used this ImageMagick command to convert the Asad Khal heightmap to a .png.

convert -size 1025x1025 -depth 16 -endian LSB -colorspace Gray gray:"HeightmapPrimary.raw" -flip -filter cubic -resize 1024x1024 -depth 16 -type Grayscale 1km_1asad_khal_height.png

Anyway, I wonder what algorithm Battlefield 2 uses to scale the heightmap. Question for you, SkyJumpy: which image resize filter did you use to resize the heightmaps in Photoshop? I tried using all 4 options in the GIMP (None, Linear, Cubic, Sinc (Lanczos3)), but none of them produced identical results (based on an experiment with asad_khal). There are many pixels that are off by one or two, especially around slopes. Maybe this doesn't matter so much. Yet these seemingly small errors accumulate in the end.

Then you need to create the minimap by converting the .dds file in mapname\clients.zip\Hud\Minimap\InGame.dds to a .jpg and copying it to the mortarcalc1.2\ImageJ\minimaps folder. To accomplish this, I used WTV and took a screenshot on a large monitor, but there must be an easier way to do it. There are other options at the following website.

Legacy Texture Tools | NVIDIA Developer Zone

Finally, you need to add

if (gettitle == "MAPNAME") { heightscale = SCALE; } // replace MAPNAME and SCALE

to the appropriate part of StartupMacros.txt in ImageJ\macros. The scale is the second number in HeightData.con after heightmap.setScale.

SkyJumpy, you should copy these instructions into a README file in the mortar calculator download so that everyone will have them automatically. Please give me credit for writing them, of course.

Thanks for developing this mortar calculator! Hopefully we can keep improving and keep updating it as new maps are released.
Last edited by bishop_smith2; 2012-01-29 at 09:15..
Old 2012-03-14, 22:39   #37
YankeeSamurai
Supporting Member

I'm a bit confused. I opened a minimap in the ImageJ program, now I need to select a macro, correct? I'm just not sure which macro to select and how exactly to "select" it.
YankeeSamurai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 23:00   #38
Raufbold

My 2 cents: Technically good work, gameplaywise a nightmare and almost cheating.
Raufbold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:32   #39
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Anyone ever update this for new maps?

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:13   #40
bishop_smith2

I have completed a PR:Normandy heightmap. You can download it here. The installation process is explained in the included readme.txt file.

http://home.comcast.net/~bandit_ace/...ghtmaps_v2.zip

--
bishop_smith2
bishop_smith2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
calculator, mortar, mortarcalc, skyjumpys