project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-09-23, 21:12   #31
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Room Clearing

Pretty much like assault rifles, but with much lower recoil and thus better spray performance than both assault rifles and machine guns. Those recoil so much that, while each bullet is twice as deadly, fewer hit. With pistol rounds you just hope for a headshot, but both pistols and SMGs/machine pistols are good at getting headshots because they feel so 'light'. If you know what i mean... You don't have to readjust much after a failed shot to get the thing on target again. Easier to correct with it. With a machine gun, it's all down to chance, and with an assault rifle it's waiting ages for the perfect shot because they usually suck at spraying. There's a few exceptions though, the non-scoped TARs and L85s for example. The G36 on the other hand sucks due to the horrible optics.

One'd have to experiment with the exact deviation values, but they're just more controllable than assault rifles. And while they might share the deviation code with those, they're clearly better than machine guns. A ppsh can be fired very well on the move, for instance.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-09-26, 21:55   #32
Mikemonster

You didn't distinguish much between recoil and deviation there Spec, but I understand what you mean and agree.

I was under the impression that deviation values are the same for all guns apart from shotguns (2sec wait) and pistols (hell knows).

But I heard somewhere that shotgun deviation is now different (more nerfed), and aside from that I swear there is a difference between rifles, the M4 is a lot quicker to get a shot on target than the G3, for instance.
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:29   #33
007.SirBond

The proper way to clear a room.
Stack on the wall beside the door.
Toss a grenade in, due to fps gameplay, u will have to restack yourself along the wall.
Now side step away from the wall and begin slicing the pie.
There will always be two blind corner spots you cannot fully see until you actually enter the room
These two points will be the corners closest to the wall you are stacking on before you enter.
When you toss your nade, u ideally want it to hit everything in the room. But if its a larger room.
You can toss the nade to ensure it hits the one blind corner that you won't see because it won't be completed even after you have done your first slice. Example: if you are stacked on the left wall with the door to your right. You will be slicing the left corner blind spot. So you need to ensure the nade is hitting the right corner blind spot on the rightside of the door.

Also feel free to fire early before you get to the blind spot. If there really is a target in the blind spot, the rounds hitting near him will distract him and your already firing first, therefore the moment you drag your line of fire on him. He's dead, he still has to begin firing and he will have a more difficult time because of the rounds landing near him. This method of dragging the line of fire ontop targets is proven to be effective in room clearing.

Ps: on large rooms. Sometimes tossing 1 or 2 smokes is better than a nade. Just remember to slice that pie. The majority of your slicing is done before you enter the room, id say 90 percent of it is! Also if your the second one going in, your first area to check in the room is the other blind spot your 1st mate didn't get to look at.
Last edited by 007.SirBond; 2012-12-18 at 07:38..
Old 2012-12-18, 08:33   #34
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

What you explained doesnt work. The slower you come around the corner, the more time the defender has to shoot you.
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:12   #35
Tit4Tat

If i know that there's an enemy in a room and in what area, i throw a nade and banzzzzaaaai after (split second after the explosion). But its not the same every time, weapons, room sizes/layouts all play a difference when room clearing is considered.

e.g On Muttrah i'm confident to "rush" a room with my G3(iron sight) and be successful over my enemy due to size of the room i.e very close range and stopping power of G3.
Tit4Tat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 16:06   #36
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Watch 0:10 - 0:30

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:15   #37
Souls Of Mischief

TBH, those to IDF guys were terrible.
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:30   #38
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Well they propably did not expect an attack, if that is what you mean.

Going inside unscoped is the best in most situations for small rooms.

Do not use grenades when you are alone, because people tend to run out of the room and kill you while you don't have a weapon.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:46   #39
007.SirBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
What you explained doesnt work. The slower you come around the corner, the more time the defender has to shoot you.
Well I respect your opinion. But I disagree. If you just enter a room without slicing the pie. There is 180 degrees of area the enemy can be and they will have their rifles trained on the door. Of course the best way is to enter the room from a unexpected approach. But if you have to clear the room with only one entrance. It is absolutly a must to slice the pie.

I am not saying you must slice the pie from the sighted firing stance moving slowly. You can do it from hip firing position as well. But if the room is large and the target is far, he will be sighted and you won't be. Putting him at a advantage. Regardless you cannot enter a room unless there is immediate cover upon entering. You must neutralize dangers before you move into a exposed position.

You have sliced 90 percent of the pie before going in. If you feel more comfortable checking the one of 2 blind corner spots with a the faster hipfire stance. You can.

And its much better to be killed outside the room while slicing, than to actually enter the room, get killed on exposed ground. Your medic wud have a easier time reviving you if your body isn't inside the room.
007.SirBond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:08   #40
ShockUnitBlack

The best option is always an attack from multiple directions. If you can't do that, spam C4 and smoke.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clearing, room