project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2013-09-14, 06:51   #31
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Default Re: IDF have too few scopes!

Exhibit A....

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:20   #32
BroCop

Oh common. Did you see the way IDF played in that video? Its like a bunch of CoD kiddies playing the mod for the first time employing such brilliant tactics such as a lone dude crossing a road diagonally directly towards a building full of hostiles...
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:33   #33
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Oh common. Did you see the way IDF played in that video? Its like a bunch of CoD kiddies playing the mod for the first time employing such brilliant tactics such as a lone dude crossing a road diagonally directly towards a building full of hostiles...
Things which often happen when a team is routed.

The original impetus for removing IDF scopes was due to MA feedback on what their forces are currently issued; at the same time, a lot of IDF scenarios in PR deal with hypothetical conflicts with conventional armies, which does not reflect their current deployments and missions (which are primarily urban environments with a fair amount of armored support and CQB).

It will be discussed.

Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 08:42   #34
simeon5541

I am for option where MEC and Russia would have less scopes (probably equivalent to IDF)
on maps where they are fighting IDF. Almost every MEC kit poses damn marksman rifle.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 09:00   #35
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhealed View Post
409-0
Scopes didn't really helped Russians, even without them they would win easily since most of the fight took place in the city(where the IDF is at no disadvantage at all IMO), you can see how Dslyecxi struggles with the horrible BIUS of the PKP in the beginning and yet he still wins in the cqc simply becouse the enemy is a bunch of retarded lone wolves. By the time he started using scope on the PKP they have already won.
You should of seen the KDRs.....actually i did post them at the start of this thread. I remember Dyslexis score of 22-0

I was leading a IDF squad. Trust me, the team was trying. Its hard to stay together though when you cant move. To be able to move to get close to the enemy you need to keep their heads down, which is hard to do if you cant get accurate fire on them.

That round we brought up our open top M113s to try to suppress as we moved but they usually got shot out. And the tank was always down because the HAVOK. I played that map again as Russia and it was a cake walk. Didnt even see the tank live long enough to engage us.
Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 11:09   #36
Unhealed

Quote:
You should of seen the KDRs.....actually i did post them at the start of this thread. I remember Dyslexis score of 22-0
22-0? It's impressive but it happens quite often on the maps where both sides have scopes, MG kit is a very powerful tool in the right hands and with the right squad members.
Quote:
That round we brought up our open top M113s to try to suppress as we moved but they usually got shot out.
Those things are horrible, they are like techies but huge and slow, useful only as some sort of stationary 50 cal. It's the asset balance that should be adjusted on Beirut, not the scopes, becouse IDF quite often wins on Bijar even thou the MEC infantry use scoped battle rifles(almost marksman rifle but without bipod).
Quote:
get close to the enemy you need to keep their heads down, which is hard to do if you cant get accurate fire on them.
You can use smoke for example, many kits have it.
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 11:31   #37
Heavy Death

Complete inability on the IDF side, clearly seen by lone wolves and general depring in the contruction site.

I swear if i hear the "No scope = No accurate fire" argument once more im gonna flip. HOW IS THAT. HOW IN THE NAME OF YOUR OWN MOTHER IS THAT SO? Deviation is the same. Mouse button1=fire is the same.

Its not about accurate fire also, IDF have much greater volume of fire on all weapons, how is that for suppresion? Ah ofcourse, if your squad and you cant use that tactics, its easier to come whine on the forums how unbalanced it is.

L2P is all i have to say.
Last edited by Heavy Death; 2013-09-14 at 11:38..
Old 2013-09-14, 13:48   #38
Wheres_my_chili

Target acquisition, yo. You cant shoot at what you cant see.
Wheres_my_chili is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 15:07   #39
Kevokpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheres_my_chili View Post
Target acquisition, yo. You cant shoot at what you cant see.
that is why you have spotter and officer kits!

with the binocs you can spot them very easily

lack of scopes is not the problem, the map is not balanced in my opinion

and that dyslexi's video just show how a bunch of noobs on the other team tried to get to the flag running through the open, (not talking about your squad conman as I know you are a good SL)
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 17:34   #40
emmanuel15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
adding scopes is not the solution at all, does people complain that the militia in black gold needs scopes? I haven't seen any posts about that or heard people complaining either and it is a 4km map.
well you haven't seen posts because you fight militia only on ins which is their ideal conditions and if you die often as a militia it was most likely because you didn't use that advantage properly or your team didn't. as for IDF AAS 4km with less urban areas is the worst condition they can have as they are an conventional army built on and for CQB as that's the conditions they live in, on aas you can't control the enemy's approach and target so they can't work on their conditions adding no urban areas it's a clear team bash for the IDF unless the other team ain't organized...

My bottom line here is don't compare both as they don't have the same conditions...
emmanuel15 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idf, scopes