project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do YOU like the HUEY?
Yes 226 60.43%
No 61 16.31%
Have not tried 87 23.26%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-18, 00:36   #31
Alex6714

<3 huey.
Old 2008-03-18, 01:35   #32
Expendable Grunt

Great for LALO jumps too
Old 2008-03-18, 01:39   #33
Tef

yeah sometime I wish that the helis would climb faster so we could get a proper HAHO jump.
Old 2008-03-18, 03:43   #34
PlatinumA1

i love it , be great to see ffar's added to it though transport is enough for me
Old 2008-03-18, 04:03   #35
ralfidude

i want u all to try this with the chopper on a local server. Take the chopper to some medium altitude,and dip down a bit, and then see how long it takes the chopper to pull its nose back up. U will realize that u will crash into the ground before the nose goes back up. Im not talking about a suicide dip down, im talkign about a calm nice less than 45 degree angle. Its almost as if committing suicide... anybody noticed that?
Old 2008-03-18, 04:19   #36
PlatinumA1

double post ^ and yeah the huey climbing rate is very slow and feels like its always dipping down
Old 2008-03-18, 07:54   #37
Pride
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
i want u all to try this with the chopper on a local server. Take the chopper to some medium altitude,and dip down a bit, and then see how long it takes the chopper to pull its nose back up. U will realize that u will crash into the ground before the nose goes back up. Im not talking about a suicide dip down, im talkign about a calm nice less than 45 degree angle. Its almost as if committing suicide... anybody noticed that?
Yeah, i tried that yesterday, but on a public server

Flying over the mountains on Zatar i got an AA lock so i dived towards the airfield runway...and didn't pull up, crashing into the hangar...

But what i have noticed, is that i don't think there are any hitboxes on the rotor blades, so you can squeeze through really tight spaces.

eddie: the MoD aren't just going to start blurring their faces so they look 'well ard' are they?
Old 2008-03-18, 12:10   #38
Alex6714

What I don´t understand is why doesn´t the rudder work at all at higher speed on every chopper? And on every chopper once you dive you aren´t comming back up, especially with lower power settings....
Old 2008-03-18, 16:56   #39
.blend

I dont know how a chopper is sposed to behave in RL, but flying the huey really sucks. When i first got into a LB(and crashed) i thought those were the hardest to fly. Now i think LBs are way better.

Especially landing is WAY harder. Generally the whole thing is fucked up, although i dont know by what coz im not all to wised up with helos.
Old 2008-03-18, 17:02   #40
KingLorre

o love it but its very unforgiving, let her go and she banks right or left into the ground :P

Tags
huey, poll