project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2018-01-14, 19:01   #31
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: [sp/coop] Ramadi [1k] [wip]

Lamppost_nav happens the same because of the upper lamps.
The headclearnance doesn't seem to work well for vehicles and this object.

I remember that the cablepole (think its original name) fit for the job as placeholder.
Look that the placeholder touch the ground because the placeholder could have a different anchor point and the simple "Select all of same type and Replace" can cause that the placeholder floats (happens to me, sadlywise).

Quote:
Cutting down on power lines would be like 50 objects tbh
Quote:
Remove all filler statics (crates, shelving, etc)
60 shelves or other filler objects more for cover or the sake of good looking ambient more .... sure, shouldn't be focused yet, get the city done but let look at the end for the final polishing.
Removing the BigMosque as excample and having only one of them WITH a basement is also really really nice.
You know, fallujah killer
Last edited by [R-CON]Fastjack; 2018-01-14 at 19:20..
Old 2018-01-14, 21:46   #32
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Fastjack View Post
Lamppost_nav happens the same because of the upper lamps.
The headclearnance doesn't seem to work well for vehicles and this object.

I remember that the cablepole (think its original name) fit for the job as placeholder.
Look that the placeholder touch the ground because the placeholder could have a different anchor point and the simple "Select all of same type and Replace" can cause that the placeholder floats (happens to me, sadlywise).

60 shelves or other filler objects more for cover or the sake of good looking ambient more .... sure, shouldn't be focused yet, get the city done but let look at the end for the final polishing.
Removing the BigMosque as excample and having only one of them WITH a basement is also really really nice.
You know, fallujah killer
With how high up those posts are I cannot imagine getting in the way of anything other than a heli...

Also that mosque is right next to the US main base, so I dont have any intent of doing anything super sweet with it like a basement.

Think for now I will just aim at below 10,000 objects and see what people report fps wise during feedback.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2018-01-14 at 21:53..
Old 2018-01-14, 22:34   #33
[R-CON]​Fastjack

Ok, didn't knew that this is a mainbase spot.

Is there a possibility sweettalking you to make a controlpoint on the NE edge where the road is and this controlpoint not looks like a base with HESCO's? Maybe having a starting scenario like a vehicle convoy rolls in from far away into Ramadi or it looks like a Forward Outpost?

I could tweak you nice things for the ai that would fit to the scenario. I would also love to give it a go with a insurgency version for coop. Small maps working well in coop insurgency and your map/city layout can be setup with less non-controlpoint related SA's as i did on other map experiments. You also used the splines for some roads and not painted them.
AI vehilces like splines used for roads.

You could also make a layer with BASEDEFENSE where the Blufor Base is in the middle of the map and we add coop insurgency to it. I know many people who exactly like that. Check out other forums too for feedback.

That's only suggestions from me Rabbit. You know how to make nice maps. (cough..cough sbeneh regio ... when comes the update?)

The perspective from you last screenshot looks impressive.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 22:49   #34
Rabbit

Quote:
Ok, didn't knew that this is a mainbase spot.

Is there a possibility sweettalking you to make a controlpoint on the NE edge where the road is and this controlpoint not looks like a base with HESCO's? Maybe having a starting scenario like a vehicle convoy rolls in from far away into Ramadi or it looks like a Forward Outpost?
Sure I can look into making a building into more of a compound up there. The US main already does have access to the area though.

Quote:
You could also make a layer with BASEDEFENSE where the Blufor Base is in the middle of the map and we add coop insurgency to it. I know many people who exactly like that. Check out other forums too for feedback.
The H building is pretty damn close to the center of the map, so it could be there. Only other place is where the Ramadi inn is, I was planning on putting a rally point there. (green)

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 23:15   #35
[R-CON]​Fastjack

Thank you for Feedback positive response.

About Rallypoints:

Outlawz told me there exist a unused python option for placeable_xxx_rallypoints_random to have randomized rally point spawn locations (like the ammocaches) on the map.
Each round the rallies spawn on another location.
That means bots would come always from other direction and not round for round from the same directions.

Excample rallypoint_ins_placeable_random.

When you see Spyker, can you ask him about if he know how to hack in the SP1,SP2 and SP3 layers for coop to activate the SP layers for local rounds.

I dont remember exactly but it was something by activating ai=1 in the descfile to the gpm_conquest gamelayers but i lost that in time.
Old 2018-01-15, 01:39   #36
Rabbit

Minimap updated as layout is done. 9803 objects, so I guess I will pack it up tomorrow and see what stuff is like ingame. Think 1 week is a new record for me.
Old 2018-01-15, 01:52   #37
[R-CON]​Fastjack

What about ambient sounds, ambient triggers etc. but more important what about skydome and darker light settings?
Old 2018-01-15, 01:54   #38
Rabbit

Quote:
What about ambient sounds
After, easy to do. That would fall under final touches.

Quote:
but more important what about skydome and darker light settings?
I don't mind the skydome, wetlands final iirc, darker settings? like lightmaps? Thats best to do when statics are done, and I need to figure that out first.
Old 2018-01-15, 02:14   #39
[R-CON]​Fastjack

Something else but not the fallujah, ramiel, gaza, lashkar, basrah, kokan, muttrah daylight settings.

With light settings i dont mean the lightmaps itself. Maybe some settings before the sun touches the horizon. So it feels like the engagements started in the early evening.

From the reality aspect, i dont know when the battle of ramadi started or which time it was.
Old 2018-01-15, 02:16   #40
Rabbit

Quote:
Something else but not the fallujah, ramiel, gaza, lashkar, basrah, kokan, muttrah daylight settings.

With light settings i dont mean the lightmaps itself. Maybe some settings before the sun touches the horizon. So it feels like the engagements started in the early evening.

From the reality aspect, i dont know when the battle of ramadi started or which time it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01QqFN_E66w&t=1s how and when. That is the attack on the ramadi inn, 2 other attacks happened at the same time at different locations.

Tags
ramadi, sp or coop, wip