project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-01, 05:43   #31
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: US ARMY M4 - Full auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano516 View Post
i think since the M16 and the M4 on the game are the only semi auto /burst gun it should get a little more accuracy because i just finish getting into a firefight and my M4 after 10seconds standing still missed but the Ak101 and 74 hit easy right after running and shooting wats up with that
nothing, deviation for those weapons is the same and there is no AK-101 in game

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2010-06-01, 05:53   #32
Hunt3r

The thing is that in PR I've found that semi-auto is more effective in CQC because although your rate of fire isn't as great, your shot dispersion is less, which can be everything.
Old 2010-06-01, 06:37   #33
bromley
PR:BF2 QA Tester

burst fire is very useful on the m4 but i prefer the C7, wicked accurate on auto even with the optics, problem is though once you kill a guy in CQ its about time to reload
Old 2010-06-02, 00:14   #34
onikenshin

i beleive the US army is using m4a1 ive never heard of a semi/3roundburst m4 nor seen 1 just the m4a1 it makes more sense for a semi/auto m4 now since they have mags that hold 45 (i looked at the mags in pr on 1 of the us army maps and they look like the 45 mag) i think the m4 was ment to be a short version of the m16 for cqc 3 round burst isnt very good for that since you would usually hold down the trigger if you see some1 and they see you to get a hip shot off 3 rounds there gonna hit sumwere other then were you hope to hit, spray and pray ^^
Old 2010-06-02, 00:23   #35
masterceo

you probably just lost every inch of credibility on these forums, my friend
Last edited by masterceo; 2010-06-02 at 00:35..
Old 2010-06-02, 00:24   #36
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onikenshin View Post
i beleive the US army is using m4a1 ive never heard of a semi/3roundburst m4 nor seen 1 just the m4a1 it makes more sense for a semi/auto m4 now since they have mags that hold 45 (i looked at the mags in pr on 1 of the us army maps and they look like the 45 mag) i think the m4 was ment to be a short version of the m16 for cqc 3 round burst isnt very good for that since you would usually hold down the trigger if you see some1 and they see you to get a hip shot off 3 rounds there gonna hit sumwere other then were you hope to hit, spray and pray ^^
And where are your sources for your claim? We have military advisors who are telling us what the Army is using.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 2010-06-02, 00:40   #37
masterceo

oh he provided sources for his claim, let me outline them

Quote:
obviously, you're wrong

next time check your claims at least on wikipedia, it's not a very good source but in this case you can get some basic knowledge about the M4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine
Old 2010-06-02, 00:45   #38
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

thread's purpose served.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Closed Thread

Tags
army, auto, full