project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-02-17, 21:59   #31
Steeps
Supporting Member

Default Re: Remove Rifleman Ammo 'exploit?'

I am constantly playing as logistics and this would be a pain in the butt for me. If supply crates broke faster than they do now nobody would have supplies. Most maps already don't have a sufficient number of vehicles to properly supply a 50 man team. I know some maps with only one or two logistic trucks per team, which is absolutely silly. Iron Ridge is one example. The rebels get no more than two trucks and you lose one, half your supply is gone. The trucks are super slow and take forever to go on uneven terrain.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 22:19   #32
=-=kittykiller

removal of rifleman kit from crates, or crate takes a % of damage equal to one reload is a step in the right direction for a mod called "project reality"

some maps may suffer, but this is one of the gamiest features still in the mod and should be adressed.

people might start to think of supply chain rather than stealth fobbing, the battlefield might have more of a front line on maps with lots of assets.

something nobody has adressed regarding the logi trucks, and im just sayin dont bite my head off. What if it auto rearmed like the repair station
=-=kittykiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 22:45   #33
The_Admiral

Why don't you just put a timer on requesting rifleman kits so they cannot be spammed for ammo.
The_Admiral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 03:34   #34
Steeps
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-=kittykiller View Post
removal of rifleman kit from crates, or crate takes a % of damage equal to one reload is a step in the right direction for a mod called "project reality"

some maps may suffer, but this is one of the gamiest features still in the mod and should be adressed.

people might start to think of supply chain rather than stealth fobbing, the battlefield might have more of a front line on maps with lots of assets.

something nobody has adressed regarding the logi trucks, and im just sayin dont bite my head off. What if it auto rearmed like the repair station

No because infinite mortar ammo.

Steeps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 05:04   #35
Wheres_my_chili
Default Re: Remove Rifleman Ammo 'Glitch?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuva_RD View Post
I'm against removing ammo kits and imo the best option is to spawn rifleman with empty bag and to increase amount of ammo so you surely will reload 2 slots in kit.
Underrated idea of the thread.

Seriously, it would solve all the problems. The rifleman kit would still be requestable, and players would be forced to use the ammo in the crate. If you need the kit for something else (like the shovel) then you could still use it. If you want the bag then you gotta pull it out of the crate.

Not too sure about the increased ammo count per bag tho, that had a whole other bunch of problems.

To be honest though there are other things that break the game way more (like the Brit APC fire rate).
Last edited by Wheres_my_chili; 2015-02-18 at 08:53..
Old 2015-02-18, 08:05   #36
fecht_niko
Banned

Leave it as it is.
There are much more important things that are game breaking to fix!
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 09:36   #37
Navo
Default Re: Remove Rifleman Ammo 'Glitch?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuva_RD View Post
I'm against removing ammo kits and imo the best option is to spawn rifleman with empty bag
10/10 Implement this on requested rifleman kits.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 10:14   #38
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Iirc that is not possible as something with bf2 code that forces kits to spawn with their max ammo

i could be wrong ofc

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 11:05   #39
Navo

Well shit
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 11:26   #40
RAWSwampFox

Good Morning,

Well, this is going to suck for the transport and truck people as well as for the people who don't have "friends". Both for delivering and receiving supplies. There are no points for these "support" people for what they do. I've gone a full round at times just delivering supplies to the front and by me doing it, it was extremely instrumental in the win and/or the great round. Many people do this as pointed out in this thread. In my opinion, if you want to encourage people to do the boring job of running the "Red Ball Express", give them some kind of points to encourage them.

This whole thing, IMO, will kill mortar squads, no one will want to do it.
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, exploit, glitch, remove, rifleman