project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do you like the 0.7 Spawn System?
I'm Lovin' It 133 44.04%
I like it 82 27.15%
Unsure 11 3.64%
I am suffering mild displeasure 29 9.60%
I hate it 47 15.56%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-02, 11:35   #31
Heskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IronTaxi View Post
looks like the majority are fine with it...

hmm...guess thats the end of that debate...
The man speaks truth!

For all y'all going "WAAAH, I DON'T LIKE USING MY LEGS!" set a bleedin' rally point.

You can put one ANYWHERE on the map so long as it's not within 100m of a flag; you can put one in the centre of the map, on any corner or edge of the map, and near any base! All you need is an Officers kit and 2 squad members - What's difficult about that?

I mean, seriously.

I'm noticing that generally, those complaining are the likes of people that have never, or rarely been seen posting their input here on the forums.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:50   #32
Mister_RocknRoll

I've been playing PR since the 0.3. I love this mod for the quality of the maps, the vehicles, the teamplay, the people i'm playing with etc... I congratulate the dev team for the huge work done.
But now, to my opinion, it's getting worth with rules of the game itself.

1- The decision has been taken to remove the SL spawn point. So now often, you've got to walk for a couple of days from the RP to the objective : hard to put a RP close to an objective. Ennemies could find it easily.

2- Because we need now only 2 members + SL to setup the RP, you can see 3 guys running on the map, & the rest of the squad going elsewhere... or trying to regroup (for the good squads). Run run forrest. Some SL were really good to approach an objective and to be a good spawn point on the latest versions. The squad was able to attack strongly. Now, it's getting even more sneaky. Ok It's for reality but what about the bunker & firebase ?

3- So, now bunker & firebase are getting even more important (It's a dev choice). For a reality mod, bunker firebase & AA are really far from reality I think... Even more than a spawn on a SL... If you want a reality mod : remove all the spawn points except the main base SP... But I suppose you will have 2 guys finally playing @ PR.

4- When you look at the members of the squads, you can see the guys not too close of their SL... Removing the SL spawn point slows down the game, the squads take ages to regroup, so in final, it's sometimes really boring and the teamplay is finally falling because everyone is fed up to regroup... So for me, the game is less fun.

Moreover a little comment, the rules of the game are changing too much everytime. For a new player, it's really hard to begin PR, too complex now : take care with that, because there is not too much players on the 0.7 for a new release.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:55   #33
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

ill agree that rules upon rules are not good...

i think we have actually simplified the gameplay now...despite what everyone thinks... defence and attack on CPs are now much more definitive as the defenders wont have new defenders spawning on the hiding SL...this is a major difference !! i dont think people have realized this yet...as they still attack as if they will face wave after wave of defeders...when in fact its not so...

eliminate anyone..and they will not be back on that flag for some time..dont forget..

Old 2008-01-02, 13:04   #34
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Unless that point has a bunker on it haha..

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2008-01-02, 13:10   #35
Longbow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]IronTaxi View Post
ill agree that rules upon rules are not good...

i think we have actually simplified the gameplay now...despite what everyone thinks... defence and attack on CPs are now much more definitive as the defenders wont have new defenders spawning on the hiding SL...this is a major difference !! i dont think people have realized this yet...as they still attack as if they will face wave after wave of defeders...when in fact its not so...

eliminate anyone..and they will not be back on that flag for some time..dont forget..
And you think it is good? Less killing + more walking = fun? Hell no.
Bring some landing zones or something like that, placed by a commander..all your ideas are good and would probably work if all ppl werent that stupid (i mean those who never squad up or squad up to take sniper kit, those who play medic and don't hill\revive, those who create squad and dont set rp's, etc.). Human factor kill all your efforts to balance reality and gameplay. I'm really sad you do not realize it. It becomes close to unplayeble if you're stuck in a noob team with like 1 or 2 squads actually working together when enemy is attacking with 5 full organized squads. Dying because your team suck without any possbility to harm enemy sucks. Right now, I enjoy a game only if I get into squad with PR vet as SL and few members from this forum. It is very rare to see random ppl doing something right...
Old 2008-01-02, 13:11   #36
BloodAce

Its absolutely good feature and we all have to use to it and change our tactics according to all changes has been made in PR.

Now it became much more important then it was before to be a good and responsible Squad Leader, set RP in safe position and not far from squad operation area and thats how it was suppose to be in my opinion.
Another thing is that no squad members will like to be in squad run by someone who dont care or dont know rules of game which also is absolutely understandable in my opinion.
Old 2008-01-02, 14:53   #37
torenico

Ok i have to deal whit the elimination of the spawning on th SL, but, place spawn points on APC

Sometimes, im wanna delete PR, why, for something stupid. We was on a Humvee, and then we was taking fire, the SL died, end od story, he cant place any rally, and we was only 143 meters away

More people like this, but play Bi Ming as chinese, and try to play, its almost imposible, you cant see nothing (thats ok) and you die, really you walk 2000 meters to target.

You deleted the best tool of BF2...
Old 2008-01-02, 15:06   #38
Ablack77
Supporting Member

No spawning on SL and APC's = more realism
It also encourages ppl to use teamwork (eg set rally points)
and not rush area's like they are Rambo.

Take your time soldiers and don't rush things

Thanks Dev's +1

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Old 2008-01-02, 15:26   #39
torenico

Whit the APC able to spawn, you see a lot of enemys, coming to a position, you and your scuad have to find it, you see it whit the binocs, use your AT kit, sneak to it, sneak whit your scuad, when you are in angle fire

Mestia was really funny, because you see a APC inbound, he start to give covering fire (totally realistic) protecting the troops who spawned in the APC, it blow up, end od the sotry

bring back the APC spawn! whit no spawn, makes the game boring and boring than play vanilla, yeah really, sometimes vaniulla is more funny than some situations of PR, it can be realistic, but no fair, not fun and the fun its the first target, if you wanna have members playing PR, it needs fun

anyways some of the 0.7 pwns, like the distant sounds
Old 2008-01-02, 15:40   #40
cheeriokilla
Cool hmmmm

There are only two things that bother me, and one of them is that the squad leader is no longer a spawn point, though it's just the second day after release I still feel there's a thin line between whats realistic and fun and what's realistic period. Much of you don't mind sacrificing ANYTHING, so I guess your kind might aswell agree with a bullet coming out of your pc and actually killing you if that brings realism to the game...

Well I could actually get used to not having a squad leader spawn but then the game is kind of buggy on that side, first a mate of mine couldn't spawn at the rally point because he couldn't see the spawn so I had to move it practically every time he had to spawn and that's not as easy because sometimes people were already in the attack order I gave, so he had to wait, and that's not realistic, that's just boring. Then the other spawn bug was that I couldn't spawn in a bunker the commander had built while some of my Squad mates could spawn there... so I had to walk 300m every time I had to get into the fight... not fun at all again.

The other major thing which I'm not sure if I like or not is getting rid of the minimap, it's okay for me I guess but I've gotten TKed more than any previous release of PR... If noobs really couldn't handle spotting enemies to see if they appeared on the mini map than this new addon really doesn't help... And lets just say that everything together really made a frustrating match yesterday...

Remember it's just my opinion, I really appreciate what you modders have done and what you go through to release a quality update to your game, but that has nothing to do with my criticism.

Going for another round of PR!
See ya at the battlefield mates!

Tags
feedback, removal, spawn, v07