Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-19, 21:42   #31
Elektro
Default Re: MT-LB based vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthirsty_viking View Post
how cold is it, kashan is to hot for me, i need a big beer holder to fight out their XD
Dont worry, the cylinder object ontop of the vehicle isn't a TOW launcher but aircondition.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:51   #32
stealth420

ONE SABOT ROUND is all it takes to take those out , LOL even a heat round willl take those out in one shot. It looks like the MEC will be getting weaker with these vehicles, what the need is the newest class of russian tanks, I think there called the T90M1 Tanks and they kick some serious ass with there armor package and latest shell auto-loading technoligies.

Read from battles in Desert storm, M1A1's were taking out these in one shot, burning everyone inside alive, in some cases the crew made it out while they were on fire and after about 30 minutes of burning alive all that was left was black powder and bones on the ground.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:00   #33
dragunover

I'd much rather take one of these for AA purposes than a BDRM-2... However, the BDRM-3(spandrel) totally defeats the purpose of a single-tube APC which is nearly twice the size
Old 2010-07-19, 22:00   #34
myles

very nice looks really unique
Old 2010-07-19, 22:07   #35
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunover View Post
I'd much rather take one of these for AA purposes than a BDRM-2... However, the BDRM-3(spandrel) totally defeats the purpose of a single-tube APC which is nearly twice the size
Remember though that the Spandrel armour is basically as thin as paper. These should firstly be more durable and the likelihood (not that I know ofc) I would expect is that the militia continue to use the Spandrel whilst the Russians and maybe MEC get these for AT purposes.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:33   #36
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth420 View Post
ONE SABOT ROUND is all it takes to take those out , LOL even a heat round willl take those out in one shot.It looks like the MEC will be getting weaker with these vehicles.
dont be so shy, jump straight into comparing logistical trucks vs JDAMs

Quote:
12 missiles with about ~15s reload time, it should me much more stable on rough ground and its not twice bigger than BRDM, its hull is much lower(which is more important than length, and even length/width wise it just a bit bigger) and if we decide to use new missiles, it will be considerably more powerful

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2010-07-19, 23:27   #37
Staker

So this is the war's low rider?
Old 2010-07-20, 00:04   #38
alec89
Banned

Хорошая работа ребята!
Good job, guys! Looks great. Now only to make the gaz tigr and replace those BRDMs ). I can wish.
Old 2010-07-20, 00:30   #39
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth420 View Post
ONE SABOT ROUND is all it takes to take those out , LOL even a heat round willl take those out in one shot. It looks like the MEC will be getting weaker with these vehicles, what the need is the newest class of russian tanks, I think there called the T90M1 Tanks and they kick some serious ass with there armor package and latest shell auto-loading technoligies..
This is not a MBT...

Old 2010-07-20, 08:04   #40
theUg

I am sure BRMD is here to stay even if only as Militia vehicle. I love using gun-less BRMD for troop transport. Just the other day I hauled about 30 souls from distant FOB to the front line in half an hour until my game crashed.
Closed Thread

Tags
based, mtlb, vehicles