project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-07-09, 21:14   #31
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

A mini-mod mostly contains minor modifications and tweaks to the game. It's still the same thing as playing a mod, it's just a small mod. Their first release is just to give us some realism to BF2 until they're ready to add the rest of the stuff they have planned for the mod.

Old 2005-07-09, 21:30   #32
NYC

So its the same maps from BF2? Are we gonna still have helis and stuff?
Old 2005-07-09, 21:42   #33
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

The maps will be the same for now. EA/DICE still have yet to release their modding tools so that mappers can make new maps.

I'm sure all the vehicles that were in BF2 will still be in PR's first release, only they'll be tweaked a bit.

Old 2005-07-10, 01:11   #34
NYC

This looks like THE greates mod ever created. Are we still gonna have American stuff in it like M1A1's and Cobras and stuff? Also it says towards the end of the month or sooner, does that mean it could be as early as the 20?
Old 2005-07-10, 01:15   #35
Ugly Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Advantage
Now one question remains, who well get it first and play, actually it'll be kinda funny im sure, for the most part, everyone playing it will be from this forum, so we'll all kinda know each other But really, who will rain victourious*cough*me*cough*
/note to self, knife tactical
Old 2005-07-10, 01:17   #36
CHIKEN

Woo. I must say i am looking forwards to this. I was quite unhappy about how even the very first shot whilst in prone seems to have the same tendancy to go off target as the third or forth. I'm looking forward to using an accurate and powerful pkm
Old 2005-07-10, 01:58   #37
Tactical Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
Quote:
Now one question remains, who well get it first and play, actually it'll be kinda funny im sure, for the most part, everyone playing it will be from this forum, so we'll all kinda know each other But really, who will rain victourious*cough*me*cough*
Actually, If I were you, I'd probably go with the shock paddles, lol. But thats just me.
Old 2005-07-10, 02:10   #38
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

couple questions:

Will the Brits be in the minimod?
and as for onlineplay, is there any shot at ranked servers? or is EA still holding on to those for dear life?

Old 2005-07-10, 02:16   #39
Ugly Duck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
Quote:
Actually, If I were you, I'd probably go with the shock paddles, lol. But thats just me.
I don't play medic though, I stick to SF or Assault.

Can't wait for the mini-mod though, gunna be great being able to play without being mowed down by the ever persistant bunny hopping super strafing ub3r l33t d00ds.
Old 2005-07-10, 02:18   #40
TaZ

Quote:
I know Requim just stated they have plans for the M203 sights on the Grenade Launcher post, but im sure they will also be adding iron sights to the shotgun, also, could we get some descent sights on the current BF2 pistol, it's like a round dome on the top, no sights.
I find no problems with the pistol, i USUALLY use the silencer in order to take down guys when i don't wanna b found. And i've become rather accurate with it even at very long ranges(i've used it to snipe a sniper b4), but hey, it might even make my accuracy even better

Btw, getting a pistol to the back beats shock paddles!
Closed Thread

Tags
minimod, project, reality, release