project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-10-21, 10:17   #31
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Default Re: Oneshot Garand

Semis should probably do 80-90% damage, enough damage to disable sprint and give black screen, and inevitably bleed out, but giving the target just enough time to patch and then find a medic if he wins the firefight, similar to a marksman bodyshot in modern PR.

The MP40 and STG44 need to be able to win a CBQ fight against the Garand somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
Not to mention that only sniper rifle in US would one shot someone, where on Germany side it would be half of the team with bolt action riffles as a standard.
I cannot imagine a single scenario in the current meta where I would choose a K98 over a G41 or Garand.
In fact the only gun I would choose over G41/Garand is the FG42, which IMO should not be 1hk either.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 12:08   #32
mebel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
US vs Germany has been always a issue in many games due to not "balanced" weapons (semi-auto vs bolt action rifles) and tbh I also don't like changing M1 and G43 to 2 shot kill. Yes, on close combat scenario semi-auto is always better but on long range both of them are almost equal. Just give more automatic weapons in general like it was in beta. Yes, it's less realistic but more balanced due to having more submachine weapons for close combat.
This. Kinda good suggestion about giving more automatic weapons - but even without it is good as it is now.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 19:57   #33
VTRaptor

So in your new meta superior g41 would become inferior to k98, right...

This change will absolutely ruin all fun and logic. Why use your brain and play smart when you can take a hit, hide and heal. With kar in my hands i was able to pull ~20 kills multiple times when facing enemies with garands by simply adjusting my playstyle. It's not modern warfare to just keep bangin mindlessly with your 30rd mag and 600+ rpm.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 20:08   #34
Rabbit

Imagine being so smooth brain you think the g41 because inferior in all aspects because of a slight damage nerf.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 20:39   #35
InfantryGamer42

Maybe introduce sweet spot mechanic for semiauto rifles? In close range, you would need 2-3 shots to kill person, while at medium range you would need 1?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 23:54   #36
BRZbruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Maybe introduce sweet spot mechanic for semiauto rifles? In close range, you would need 2-3 shots to kill person, while at medium range you would need 1?
Why would anyone want that
BRZbruh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 08:00   #37
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
I know we can do simplistic damage drop off, but I have no Idea if that modifier can be above 1.

But even if that would be possible, I do not believe we can then drop off at long range again.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 08:20   #38
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZbruh View Post
Why would anyone want that
You want to make submachine guns and STG better in close range compared to semiauto rifles, while keeping semiauto rifles deadly compared to bolt action rifles at medium range. That is what I get most people want from semiauto rifles in game from this comments. Sweet spot mechanic would make it possible.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 11:56   #39
Rabbit

lol you guys, zwilling did this as part of his damage changes and the players spoke out against it. I swear this community has a short ass memory.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 14:33   #40
VTRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Imagine being so smooth brain you think the g41 because inferior in all aspects because of a slight damage nerf.
That "slight" damage nerf will DOUBLE the amount of hits to kill, time to kill and drastically drain small clip/mag. I'd much rather take K98 (unless on laggy server) over G41 after the nerf, but for the most time i am SL, so I'd be forced to play with it... And no, I would not pick MP40, because it's useless at ranges beyond 50m.

As for the zwilling. Not everyone was against, most people were for some adjustments, but it was just scrapped all together rapidly. I for one liked the power of G3, an actual battle rifle.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote