project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-07, 15:06   #31
godfather_596
Default Re: Falklands feedback general

Been seeing a lot of negative feedback on the server i play on i can't tell why since i haven't played the map personally except for jumping in for like 2 min but whenever i asked "how is falklands so far" it didn't end well... But from what i can see of the features I find it sexy as hell but maybe their are a few things to work out?
Old 2012-10-07, 16:15   #32
Rapid12

As someone said previous, once it settles down and a little order is applied, it will make for a great map.

Think I'll dust off the joystick and get my flying skillz polished up.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:06   #33
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I could play this tihs all day.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:10   #34
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
I could play this tihs all day.

...mongol...
Same, I don't get tired of it ! The lack of scopes + binos and the fact that CAS is so heavy makes for some awesome battles!
Old 2012-10-07, 17:25   #35
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamEEE View Post
Few things - need a bit more cover along the ridge between Stanley & San Carlos. Feels a bit exposed up there at times - especially when you have to contend with CAS/Armour. Everything i've read points to it being very well protected for defenders; in game it isn't so much.
Pretty much all the rocks in the map where randomly placed with 3DsMax, as well as pretty much all the bushes too, with the odd one being moved by hand that was in the middle of a road etc.

I'm hoping in time someone from the community may be up for the chance to add more hand placed detail to the main, mainly with adding more rocks etc, as well as generally adding more detail to the map as I don't have time to do it myself but once done I can help out with the reLMing process etc

Quote:
The MG pits in my opinion need to be GPMGs and better protected from the front. Protection offset by less firepower - without the zoom they make you an absolute bullet magnet as it stands and the MMG is more appropriate for this role anywho.

Suggest a better protected bunker for a FN-MAG. Perhaps a slight zoom - 1.8x?
I believe you or someone else might have suggested this one before? Why excatly should we swap a more powerful MG for a less powerful MG, and one you can already have in your Infantry kits and can move about with? I don't see the advantage here especially when something like a truck comes popping round the corner?

Do have refs that M2HBs where used during the war, on a funny stand that could aim a bit up thou

Only real refs I have of the FN MAG are being hand held or on its bipod and only one where it is in an Argentine dug in position.

Quote:
Oh yeah - the Argentinian FN-FAL is marked in game as a "FM-FAL" in the menu where you select the weapons for your character.
The Argentinians used the FM FAL, which is the Argentine made version of the FN FAL, FM standing for "Fabricaciones Militares" which is the defence company that made them under licence

Old 2012-10-07, 18:09   #36
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Really fun game, the view distance is alot more fun than I thought it would be.

Old 2012-10-07, 20:44   #37
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
British air power, and armour is superior. The guided GBUs are terribly useful if a proper sniper team is set up, and the argentines have no LGBs,
Has anyone else found this an issue too? So far haven't heard anyone else complain about this but if anyone has found this really OP too please say and to anyone who think its fine as it is please say too
bumpy, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Cheers!

Old 2012-10-07, 21:34   #38
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the scimi is a bugger I agree, its speed and optics are a real obstacle to overcome. The Air problems are a bit hard to lock down because of the lack of deployable AA, though Deployables are a bit easy to see on Falklands, so I dunno how effective they'd be since Harriers may be able to engage them quite quickly (if there was a way to have a custom dirt texture that would be fantastic)

Might be best to dump the scimi completely for now, it was only really involved at the final actions at port Stanley anyway?

Dunno about the airpower, might just be an idea to increase the number of Argentinian vs GB jets.

Old 2012-10-07, 23:55   #39
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Well Rhino, the Argies bombs need to be boosted in radius and damage, because we dropped a bomb 10m away from the scimi and it didn't kill it, and sometimes we need brits infantry escape bombing runs from 40-50m away alive.

What's your input on infantry ammo? I think mags should be buffed to 9 instead of 6, because ammo right now is scarce when you need to shoot at long range without optics and binocs (which I love).

Finally, where are the Argies LVTP-7s?

Also I read that somewhere :

Quote:
Argentina’s LVTP-7s went home after the initial invasion (with two losses to LAW and recoilless rifle), leaving only AML-90s as the defending armoured force, and they spent the entire war in Port Stanley.
Could this be the reason?
Old 2012-10-08, 00:25   #40
40mmrain
Supporting Member

I disagree with ramping up infantry mags. FIrstly, the mag count adheres to proper standards that the brits and argies were trained with back then.

Secondly, trans is pretty important and prevalent in the map, take advantage of it and call in those supplies. Keep a man on the AA at stanley and you'll probably lure in a bunch of harriers too, just sitting on those can be quite fruitful, even if they have pretty short ranges and long lock on times.

Perhaps the T62 could stand in for the AML-90? SLower and, with a long ass reload time, but better armored with a bigger gun.

Tags
falklands, feedback, general