project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2015-12-15, 07:50   #31
mries
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Texture] LAW 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordHighExecutioner View Post
I won't be able to start texturing until after finals are over, so not before the 20th. I hope that won't be a problem. I'll try to post my progress as I go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Nope that's cool, gl with them
It's confirmed, no 1.4 before the 20th

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2015-12-15 at 11:50..
Old 2015-12-15, 10:01   #32
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
It's confirmed, no 1.4 before the 20th
Ye, we did consider a xmas release for a short time but that was an insane target hehe

We are also in the "feature creep" stage where we are adding some new features for this release which we where not initially planning for w/e reason hehe.

Currently v1.4 is looking like this

Old 2015-12-16, 20:40   #33
gerardusnl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye, we did consider a xmas release for a short time but that was an insane target hehe

We are also in the "feature creep" stage where we are adding some new features for this release which we where not initially planning for w/e reason hehe.

Currently v1.4 is looking like this
well here goes me hoping for a 2015 release! i sure hope we get another beta though of either ww2 or falklands before 2015 ends!

anyways on to my question.
vehicle warfare, how would it work? how many jets are able to be in 1 map ? can we expect 4 jets vs 4 jets? or 20v20?
Old 2015-12-16, 22:35   #34
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardusnl0 View Post
anyways on to my question.
vehicle warfare, how would it work? how many jets are able to be in 1 map ? can we expect 4 jets vs 4 jets? or 20v20?
The map will be set up for a maximum of around 50vs50 jets. 50 jets wont all be spawned at the same airbase at the same time, more you will have one or two spawn points for each type of jet, and once a jet has been moved off that spawn point, 30secs or so later another jet of the same type will spawn there, until the maximum amount of that type type of jet have all been spawned, and are still alive in the map. Then you fly around the islands, capping massive "Combat Air Patrol" flags by flying though them, providing their is no enemy there, and when you cap most/all of them you slowly bleed the enemy team out until you have won

A couple of videos to give you an idea. First video is best, starts off a little slow but you can see by the end there are quite a few players/jets on the server and squads tend to fly around and engage in groups and formation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF0lEb62gyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ooiH-o0SuI

Old 2015-12-17, 15:33   #35
Steeps
Supporting Member

Thread should be named "Ask Rhino a Question"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 2015-12-17, 17:52   #36
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

How much better will the next version be compared to what we played last?

Old 2015-12-17, 19:05   #37
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
Thread should be named "Ask Rhino a Question"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
How much better will the next version be compared to what we played last?
If you liked the last version, then your going to really like the new version

Overall their is simply just a lot of new gameplay dynamics, topped with a lot more polish. But to go into a few details:

First of all, the Frigate will add a totally new dynamic that you probably haven't experienced in any other game. Closest might be World of Warships, for crewing that is, but in that, it is really Ships vs Ships, with only 1 player crewed ships, with the odd automated aircraft, where AA guns are all automatically aimed on ships, where in PR, its Ship vs Ground Targets and Aircraft, with the ship being very much on the defensive for a lot of the time, and the AA guns are not automated, they will all be crewed by individual players, with each crew member on the ship, doing all they can to take down the incoming aircraft, looking to sink them. On top of that, the planes are not automated, and all flown by real players, not only having to dodge the AA fire from the Frigate and other ground AA, but also having to contend with other aircraft in the skies. Not to mention their are many other targets than just the Frigate to go and bomb, just the Frigate is one of the more juicy targets since if you sink it, not only do you deny the Brits of all what the Frigate gives (Arty, AA defence, radar coverage (not vbf2 UAV style), Lynx, RHIBs etc) but also it will cost the Brits something like 100 tickets (exact number yet to be worked out). So while some Flight Sims might have aircraft vs ship combat, I can't think of any that have the ships being manned by real players, other than BF1942 which actually might be the closet thing come to think of it, but that doesn't have SAMs.

Which brings us to one of the next big gameplay dynamics, being CLOS SAMs like the Blowpipe, Tigercat and Sea Cat (last one being the SAM on the Frigate), where you have to manually guide the missiles onto the targets, which not only something totally new, its something super fun and from what I and the testers have told me during some play testing, they waay prefer over normal lock on SAMs, simply because its so much more of a challenge and rewarding when you do get a kill, with in many cases being more accurate for a skilled player. A little more here but keep your eyes open for blogs and highlights with more details
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...drainpipe.html

Infantry is receiving a lot of love too, with a bunch of new weapons (some I've posted teasers of here and there but trust me, there's more), new kit geoms for both sides, Brits getting new solider camo, and ye, just generally a lot of cool new gear for the infantry

Vehicles will be receiving quite a bit of love too, with more types of Skyhawk to play with, with more weapon load-outs, and choppers etc will be reciving quite a bit of love too

On the Maps side, for the main Falklands map, I'm hoping to update that somewhat too, hopefully giving it some more detail but this largely depends on how much time I have. Right now I'm somewhat focused on getting the Frigate done and that will have to come later on. On top of new details I'm planning some significant improvements for the VW game modes
Goose Green has also received quite a bit of love and will be the best for the infantry vs infantry gameplay side.
On top of this, we are also looking at expanding the 80's Brits across more maps so the Falklands wont be the only place you can play with these awesome weapons

So ye, hopefully the people who liked the old version, will really like the new version, and hopefully we can also win round some players who didn't quite like the old one with some of the new additions

Old 2015-12-17, 22:46   #38
Panzerfire

Thanks for your time making all these new toys for us, Rhino and the rest of the Dev team. ^_^

I wish you the best of lucks getting it all done.
Old 2015-12-30, 17:14   #39
Rabbit

Old 2016-01-07, 04:56   #40
Lukas_17_cab

hi guys, you could make about Falkland Beta? because Argentina or Latin American community wants to try the mod Falklands ...

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team