I'm everything you want me to be
Old 2016-01-30, 19:28   #34
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: CLOS SAM Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by STompa View Post
But not all maps have CAS in them. So not really a fair way of counting percentage.
Ok fair enough. Just counted, a total of 25 of the 48 maps have at least one "ahe" (attack heli) and/or "jet" in their AAS GPO.con, which is 52% of PR maps have "CAS" in them, and of them that have CLOS in them, which is 4 of those 25 maps, which is 16%, which is still, only 1/6th of the CAS maps have a CLOS SAM in them...

Quote:
Either way you don't need to try it to figure out how it will affect the game. Same was said with the deviation indicator. "Don't cry until you try it" and ofc nothing came as a surprise.
Firstly, every single change we make is complained about. God I can still remember the uproar we got when we said we where going to remove the vBF2 Squad Leader Spawn (ie, where you can spawn directly on your squad leader at all times, providing he was alive), and yet, is anyone asking for that back now?

Secondly the deviation indicator was a total visual change you could see for the most part how it was going to behave so yes, it was easier for most but still think most of the community are fine with it. But this is not a visual change, it is very much something you have to try and get a feel with it, especially in terms of jets since yes, you can relate a little to HATs vs Choppers when used against choppers, but against jets, there is really nothing to compare it with in the slightest.

Old 2016-01-30, 21:24   #35
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Didn't see anyone give a fuck about the deviation indicator in months + gameplay is the same as before.
Also why is it a problem if AA becomes more skill-based (as in: you aim properly to kill) instead of random (wait for lock and get schroedinger's AA missile)?

Old 2016-01-30, 21:39   #36
STompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Didn't see anyone give a fuck about the deviation indicator in months + gameplay is the same as before.
No it's not the same as before playing as AR.

But this thread isn't about that. So please stop nit-picking on me comparing it with that.
Last edited by STompa; 2016-01-30 at 21:48..
Old 2016-01-30, 22:59   #37
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Either way you don't need to try it to figure out how it will affect the game. Same was said with the deviation indicator. "Don't cry until you try it" and ofc nothing came as a surprise.
The only maps these are going to be featured are maps that include both Brits and CAS. It's going to make life harder for pilots(especially choppers) on those maps but that's about it. It literally does not affect any other map, and no map besides Burning Sands and maybe Shijia(if I'm generous) are maps of the aforementioned kind that I would expect to see more than once a week. The remainder of the game stays as-is. Hardly game-breaking.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2016-01-31, 00:17   #38
potatochan

Haven't been around for a few months but I see stompa still complaining like an old man.
Old 2016-01-31, 00:21   #39
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

I actually really like this system, I'm all for more skill based weapons. I just hope that it isn't so abundant that it's hard to make Trans runs.

For anyone complaining you should realize that if their is a CLOS SAM, that also means that is one less infrared AA to worry about. Jets not flying in straight lines and not flying at low alt should hardly ever have to worry about this. Choppers may have to be more wary though.
Old 2016-01-31, 00:22   #40
STompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]potatochan View Post
Haven't been around for a few months but I see stompa still complaining like an old man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
The only maps these are going to be featured are maps that include both Brits and CAS. It's going to make life harder for pilots(especially choppers) on those maps but that's about it. It literally does not affect any other map, and no map besides Burning Sands and maybe Shijia(if I'm generous) are maps of the aforementioned kind that I would expect to see more than once a week. The remainder of the game stays as-is. Hardly game-breaking.
Lol seriously now. I don't want to comment more here but you keep baiting it. Did I say anything against the new AA's or complained about it? No.

I just said I don't think the "you have to try it before whining" argument is a good one. I only then responded to you guys managing to read a bunch of things which I never said.

"I haven't been around here for months but I can see that potato is still a mindless asslicker as usual". See, it's not very pleasant to read things like that.

Thanks and please stop now.
Last edited by STompa; 2016-01-31 at 10:05..
Closed Thread

Tags
clos, sam, systems