project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-09-16, 18:01   #31
sr.bambino

Default Re: Lack of Mumble users in PR community. Ideas?

About spammers on Mumble, don't be so passive! If someone is giving irrelevant info or being an asshat, tell him to shut up. Don't just sit there and think "jeez mumble sucks", make it better!

And if u r on the SL channel and people on it are talking while someone in ur squad is communicating to you w/ Voip, you can set a bind key to mute Mumble. You can mute mumble, mute urself, increase + decrease volume, and its all very easy.

And I think at the end of the round when people start making jokes and having fun.... well its better than watching a loading bar, and I've found myself laughing out loud. Some people are pretty funny and some people have hilarious accents and what not.

PR is about communicating and Mumble can make it more social. We don't have such a high ratio of asshats as CoD. NoerGaard is right, the PR community is small and consists of people interested in realism who tend to be nicer and chiller and from ALL OVER the world.
sr.bambino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 21:05   #32
Orford

I also find that at the end of the round the better the team work the more mature the chatter most times it turns into a debrief of what went wrong and what went right ready for the next map.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 21:13   #33
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I guess the jokers don't bother me as I'm fairly well known and have a big voice so if I want them to be quiet for a moment they usually will.

Guys shh a sec pleeease usually works for me.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 21:47   #34
SmoothIsFast6

yeah it takes the fun right out the game when nobody is using mumble

why don't all you non-mumble users go rape another game
SmoothIsFast6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:52   #35
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
Why? 1234
Although I can memorize who is using mumble, if we're moving as a squad I need to use VOIP so that all can get the info. Which sucks because of the delay...
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:54   #36
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
They're too stupid to use it.
It's funny, because it's true.

Everyone uses mumble on good servers. And I'll leave it at that.
Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:40   #37
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

<- An avid mumble user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothIsFast6 View Post
why don't all you non-mumble users go rape another game
Extremely fail attitude. Many of us played for over 2-3 years without mumble and got along just fine. Mumble doesn't make teamwork, it facilitates it. You'd be wise to remember that.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:58   #38
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

No matter what your views on mumble may be, show some respect to people who disagree with you.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:50   #39
tompsien

I can't imagine playing PR without mumble, being able to communicate with a member from other squad while under fire is a great tactical asset
tompsien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:14   #40
sgt.coleslaw

i think its completely up to the individual player whether or not they want to use mumble. the whole idea of being forced to use mumble is outrageous. the servers that say they're running with mumble is a good idea so the people who are using, or are going to be using mumble, know to join that particular server. but the notion that a player should be kicked from the server if they're not running it, is a little harsh. let the squads that are running on mumble, say it in their names and if someone joins without mumble kick them see? easy. the players who arent using can either not join that squad, join a squad thats using voip, or leave and join a server thats not using mumble. i really dont think that those few players, or a squad, thats using voip instead of mumble, is really hurting teamwork or gameplay to the point that it would be noticed all that much. weve all played with that squad thats "doing their own thing" somewhere where they arent helpful to the team and i dont think that squad being on mumble would make them anymore teamwork friendly. in fact alot of people who arent running mumble are just as keen to gameplay as the others. there may be reasons people dont use mumble. they may be unable to use it, they cant figure it out, or any number of reasons. this mods been running for years, and to say, "hey we've got a new thingy to use here, so everybody use it, or we'll kick you from the server" isnt REAL teamwork at all, is it?
Last edited by sgt.coleslaw; 2011-09-17 at 13:21..

Tags
community, ideas, lack, mumble, users