project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2009-07-10, 07:29   #31
Solid Knight
Default Re: [Vehicle] M1A1 AIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonPL View Post
Looks good, i cant wait to see Austrian army in PR
They lost the first World War.
Old 2009-07-10, 07:30   #32
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
what weapon does the commander get on this vehicle.
and if so can we please do it right and have it buttoned up like in reality, and the commander using his protected weapon station optics.
What???? lol its a tank

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-07-10, 07:32   #33
anglomanii

thats what i mean, on every other tank in PR has the commander exposed, is this how its meant to be?
Old 2009-07-11, 01:06   #34
Proff3ssorXman

Thats because in PR, there isn't any actual 'Commander' position as such.

Sure he gets a .50cal, but that's it. The driver gets the Commander's periscope so there isn't an actual need for the commander.
Old 2009-07-11, 02:37   #35
anglomanii

well there bloody well should be.
its just not realistic too have a black hat sticking his fang box out for some goat jockey to stick a flippin lead nut into it. and from my experience a spam can needs all the eyes it can get, it also helps in so many more ways, and frankly thats how it operates in the real world.
but then that's just me now isn't it?
Old 2009-07-11, 06:55   #36
TempesT
Supporting Member

There is a 64 player limit on PR servers. You simply cannot afford to have more players taken from other roles to ones that are less essential, such as a commander spot in a tank. Fun has to be just as important a factor as realism.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:19   #37
anglomanii
Wink Re: [Vehicle] M1A1 AIM

i can see your point,
i dont "want" to agree with it, but i guess this has all been discussed before.
if we went for true realism the PLA would have millions of tickets, the american's would have 10 second breaks between artillery, the poms would use Phuc as every second word and the french wouldn't show up.
so i can see what your on about.
i just figured if you did have a third person on board they might as well be properly useful.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:43   #38
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
i can see your point,
i dont "want" to agree with it, but i guess this has all been discussed before.
if we went for true realism the PLA would have millions of tickets, the american's would have 10 second breaks between artillery, the poms would use Phuc as every second word and the french wouldn't show up.
so i can see what your on about.
i just figured if you did have a third person on board they might as well be properly useful.
HAHAAHA yeah so true...

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2010-01-06, 14:21   #39
dtacs
Supporting Member

According to what pictures of the 1 Armored Abrams' I could find, the M1A1 AIM doesn't use a commander's CITV which is only present on M1A2's. I assume it is staying on the model for practical reasons?

TBH the driver's hole should simply use the periscopes that are already there, for realisms sake.
Old 2010-01-07, 11:38   #40
Gu^n3r

FYI: New M1A1 barracuda camoflauge(was a low res picture posted before but thought we need some more to show it off abit more)

Source: Military vehicle camouflage | Ben and Camera

Tags
aim, m1a1, vehicle