project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2008-08-09, 13:04   #31
Vaiski
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Weapon] Carl Gustav M3 [WIP]

Thats a nice model. However I'd check the poly distribution before rushing to UVmap it.

Remember to keep an eye on parts that are going to be close to the first person camera. For example the scope and parts around it could use some more polys. The weapon should look smooth in the first person.
3rd person is less important. No one will take close look of it in 3rd person but the 1st person model will be visible to the player all the time.

You didn't mention your tri count but if you're short on polys you could consider texturing some of the bolts that are not visible in the 1st person (and other less important 3rd person details) and moving them to the scope and other blocky parts near the camera. The missile tube could be higher poly aswell.

I usually make a first person camera that I use to check if there are any parts that need some more polys (or if I can reduce some of the less important details). It doesn't have to match perfectly with the game camera.

Another way is to make the model completely black which forces you to concentrate on the object's poly silhouette. Round objects should look round and there shouldn't be too obvious poly 'corners'.

But yeah, its a good model already. Just needs some finalizing before porting.

Old 2008-08-09, 13:09   #32
markonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Z-trooper View Post
jep.. most scandinavian countries uses or have used the Carl Gustav
indeed the swedish design and use so many weapons that other countries use so i'm wondering if the swedish forces would have to do any work if it ever becomes a reality. Then again other countries might not want to share.
Old 2008-08-09, 13:42   #33
hiberNative

for a second, i though this was about the carl gustaf m45. piew!!!
i love the look of it. looks more like the panzerfaust 3 or something out of the late rpg series. way nicer than the sraw <3
Old 2008-08-09, 22:14   #34
IINoddyII
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
indeed the swedish design and use so many weapons that other countries use so i'm wondering if the swedish forces would have to do any work if it ever becomes a reality. Then again other countries might not want to share.
I'm sure there is lots of collaboration and sharing going around
Old 2009-06-25, 12:56   #35
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

righto another massive bump...

Now after going over the model man i sucked... so i have decided to completely restart the M3 Carl Gustav as the last one was not even close to PR standard was even pushing vbf2 standard lol... Anyway i only really started not long ago but i have the basic shape done working on the handgrips and the tail piece of the weapon.. I will also post a wire frame so those of you that are modeling keen can see where more then likely i am going wrong with the poly and edge disputation... Most of my resent models have not had good edge disputation so to further broaden my skill range i am working alot on trying to get the edges nice (wich btw now takes me like twice as long to model but at least the model will be better at the end). So as you will see in the pictures its still major WIP and i still yet to even touch the sights or handle..

Anyway enough blable here it is.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-06-25, 13:56   #36
alexaus

looks more like a Bazooka from WW2
Old 2009-06-25, 14:05   #37
sakils2
Banned

It is still a WIP...
Old 2009-06-25, 22:47   #38
anglomanii
Exclamation Re: [Weapon] Carl Gustav M3 [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaus View Post
looks more like a Bazooka from WW2

in truth you're really not far off. i actually spent a bit of time on the saab site and a ADF forum last night having a look at GUS, as it turns out its actually a recoiless rifle. just think of a sniper rifle with the end of the breech missing. gus also has a heap of different rounds to shoot too. even though by todays standards its underpowered, it still has some amazing qualities.
Old 2009-06-26, 03:12   #39
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

added some iron sights also cleaned up the model a fair bit...

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-06-26, 03:19   #40
Wilkinson

Awesome work. keep it rolling

Tags
carl, gustav, weapon, wip