project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2011-11-27, 22:56   #31
A.Finest
Default Re: Release: Project Normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Imo the map is a bit too big for 64 players. Infantry platoons in WW2 usually had about 100 - 150m frontage during assaults, you have 32 players per team, who don't respawn very often or close to the action. Think about it .
We want to make it bigger for sure, but problem is... We need to get approved by the PR devs for that & also gotta know how xD..

Its not just a simple setting you put to 128 mate
Old 2011-11-27, 23:34   #32
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [USF]uss-finest[Lea View Post
We want to make it bigger for sure, but problem is... We need to get approved by the PR devs for that & also gotta know how xD..

Its not just a simple setting you put to 128 mate

I was thinking make the map smaller, but ok...
Old 2011-11-27, 23:41   #33
Shovel
Supporting Member

Quote:
I was thinking make the map smaller, but ok...
He means player count I think.....

Personally I think that rally points need to be implemented, because having to bring a new boat (2 min travel time) every time someone dies kills the gameplay a bit.

Shovel009
Old 2011-11-28, 00:10   #34
A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
He means player count I think.....

Personally I think that rally points need to be implemented, because having to bring a new boat (2 min travel time) every time someone dies kills the gameplay a bit.
as soon as Objective "Dog" is captured there will spawn a cargoship, of which the US can spawn on. On the cargoship there is several land vehicles. Jeep, Truck etc..

So In reality, the boats are only needed to capture the coast line, after the ship has spawned, its all down to you really.

Hope this puts a note to your suggestion
Old 2011-11-28, 00:12   #35
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Yes he means player count, I mean map size.
Old 2011-11-28, 01:34   #36
AHamburgler

Well done love this mod
Old 2011-11-28, 05:56   #37
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Yes he means player count, I mean map size.
Well you know, PR's 4km maps play ok with only 64 players. Since the mod/beta is released we never reached 64, we have to see how it is first. 2km isn't big with PR gameplay.

Don't forget that after capping the beach, the map become a bit more PRish, with FOBs, rally, and long walks. That will be awesome to hide in fields and ambush PZIIIs, in a big map instead of a smaller one like Libesey for exemple.
Old 2011-11-28, 06:04   #38
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Imo the map is a bit too big for 64 players. Infantry platoons in WW2 usually had about 100 - 150m frontage during assaults, you have 32 players per team, who don't respawn very often or close to the action. Think about it .
Thanks for the feedback. While the map is meant for 100+ players, it should play OK for 64 as well. The Germans don't have to defend a 2km beach on the 64 player layer and the US only has 3 places to attack.

With the server crashing unfortunately, we haven't seen much public play after the frontline flags have been capped. And once the US capture Dog, they get goodies and can build firebases and such. Rallypoints are available to squad leaders at all times as well.

Perhaps the 64 layer needs a change, but I want to see how this plays out first .

Old 2011-11-28, 08:56   #39
Atkinson

How would I go about testing this with bots in a locally hosted game?
Last edited by Atkinson; 2011-11-28 at 09:07..
Old 2011-11-28, 09:38   #40
Pvt.LHeureux
-

The map does not support bots, well I guess so. Otherwise you can try it alone..

Tags
normandy, project, release