project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-07, 02:13   #31
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
GB Std Marksmen kit (FAL x4 optic) has an issue where the ejection port continuously opens and closes as if the operator is firing two rounds every second, despite not actually firing any. This does not occur when the weapon is lowered, but when it is raised and scoped in.

...mongol...
Wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or better yet, video of this would you?

Old 2012-10-07, 02:36   #32
40mmrain
Supporting Member

I can confirm that the argie AA is definitely impossible to place

just a continuous message
Last edited by 40mmrain; 2012-10-07 at 06:33..
Old 2012-10-07, 05:53   #33
sammya

Not sure how true this is but I was told in order to get to where the Argentina base is on the bottom left corner I had to fly a minute past the map to get to it. On my way there I started to see land then out of no where I got a CTD which hasn't happened yet since the release of PR 0.97.

Not sure if this is in relation to the Argentina spawn bug or not.
Old 2012-10-07, 06:09   #34
godfather_596

Had an issue where the FAL's sights were off and blurred with textures (one side of the sights would cover the part where you see the enemy) as well as a lot of shaking
Old 2012-10-07, 07:29   #35
rodrigoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
I can confirm that the argie AA is definitely impossible to place

just a continuous message
yeah that is the most annoying thing!

also I had a bug when I was reloading the Argentina MG, I started to reload while upright and then in the middle of the animation I go prone and the animation stopped but i could still hear the sounds and the gun was reloaded
Old 2012-10-07, 13:27   #36
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Wouldn't happen to have a screenshot or better yet, video of this would you?
Thats a negative on that one, BigWig-1.

Word on the street is, that the Carrier Mounted AAA causes some servers to lag due to its obscene RoF. I personally didnt notice it, but my team went ape-shit when I let off a couple of salvos and demanded I stand down.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:40   #37
Eskil_swe
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Seems like u can Solo the scimi and switch to the gunner position with out getting black screen, never tryed my self but seen other do it.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:44   #38
PlaynCool

I CTD every time the map ends and reloads for another round.When i click something on the spawn menu it just freezes.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:49   #39
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
I CTD every time the map ends and reloads for another round.When i click something on the spawn menu it just freezes.
Install the last version of PR:vietnam, it fixed most CTDs for me.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:07   #40
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammya View Post
Not sure how true this is but I was told in order to get to where the Argentina base is on the bottom left corner I had to fly a minute past the map to get to it. On my way there I started to see land then out of no where I got a CTD which hasn't happened yet since the release of PR 0.97.

Not sure if this is in relation to the Argentina spawn bug or not.
Had you spawned there before hand and what where you flying to get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather_596 View Post
Had an issue where the FAL's sights were off and blurred with textures (one side of the sights would cover the part where you see the enemy) as well as a lot of shaking
Check known issues on OP. Its called vertex wobble and its due to being so far away from the centre of the map. As you get closer to the centre of the map, it significantly reduces so by the time you need to shoot an enemy, this should be mostly gone, although it dose happen a tiny bit in Stanley but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
Word on the street is, that the Carrier Mounted AAA causes some servers to lag due to its obscene RoF. I personally didnt notice it, but my team went ape-shit when I let off a couple of salvos and demanded I stand down.
The ROF on the rounds hasn't changed since the OB test. Only a few things have changed since then, two of the big things are that they have had radar added to them (as well as the ATC having radar), which I think is causing problems but don't think its related to the lag, and the projectiles have a much larger time to live value since they where exploding at around 2kms in the air. It is most likely the TTL value being increased that's causing this issue, with loads of projectiles being in the air all at the same time, as well as the rest of the players/vehicles/weapons loading the server the server can't cope with all these projectiles its trying to process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskil_swe View Post
Seems like u can Solo the scimi and switch to the gunner position with out getting black screen, never tryed my self but seen other do it.
Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
Ye this is a common issue, no idea why its happening and why it hasn't occurred in any of the testing.

Tags
bug, prf, reports, v01