project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
06 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-10-26, 16:28   #31
Rissien
Supporting Member

Default Re: MEC G3 Rifle recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Except that the only M16 in service with full auto is the M16A3, issued only to SEAL units and the like...

M.
Not just spec ops use the A3. I carried one on post the last three years.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Old 2009-10-27, 11:44   #32
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by =]H[=ElvishKnight View Post
Not just spec ops use the A3. I carried one on post the last three years.
Rank and branch?

M.
Old 2009-12-24, 20:22   #33
=]H[=[Amish]Kommando

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
Lets do a little bit of math here. We won't take into account the other variables that affect muzzle climb/recoil (like the AR-15's straight-Z-axis-recoil design).

63 gr. 5.56x45mm NATO will contain 1,796 Jules of energy at the muzzle.

147 gr. 7.62x51mm NATO will contain 3,352 Jules of energy at the muzzle.

The G3 should have at LEAST 85% more recoil than AR-15 platforms (Newton's third law gives us this conclusion). I don't have the skills to properly add variables previously mentioned, but the AR-15 is built to channel all recoil straight backwards into the shoulder, not affecting recoil, but theoretically eliminating muzzle climb. AFAIK, the G3A3 is not built upon such properties.
The G3 employs a roller-delayed blowback system - its recoil is actually very manageable. During my time in the Bundeswehr I probably fired it a thousand times or more (with live ammo).
Old 2010-01-05, 22:24   #34
m1oh7

i think the recoil of the g3 is fine where its at, the thing wasnt made for low recoil it barely has a buffer for that at all, and as for comparison the ak 47 and the g3 shoot two different rounds and have two different systems for operation, now for the argument of muzzle brakes.

They really dont make that entirely much of a difference at the lower calibers, now the .50 barrett on the other hand has its muzzle brake for the express reason of recoil reduction.

Theres alot of science that goes into the way weapons work, 90% of the weapons in this game are pretty dead on, my argument though is the SAW, that thing has quite a bit of recoil that the game just doesnt add in, i dont know if they can fix that but its something that really needs adressed.
Old 2010-01-25, 16:22   #35
USMCMIDN

ive shot the rifle irl and the recoil and muzzle rise is right where it should be
Old 2010-01-25, 16:39   #36
Indian_Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
Lets do a little bit of math here. We won't take into account the other variables that affect muzzle climb/recoil (like the AR-15's straight-Z-axis-recoil design).

63 gr. 5.56x45mm NATO will contain 1,796 Jules of energy at the muzzle.

147 gr. 7.62x51mm NATO will contain 3,352 Jules of energy at the muzzle.

The G3 should have at LEAST 85% more recoil than AR-15 platforms (Newton's third law gives us this conclusion). I don't have the skills to properly add variables previously mentioned, but the AR-15 is built to channel all recoil straight backwards into the shoulder, not affecting recoil, but theoretically eliminating muzzle climb. AFAIK, the G3A3 is not built upon such properties.
It's basic physics.

For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

Therefore, there should definately be a higher recoil on the G3 than the the M16.

This topic has been brought up so many times. I think the G3's recoil is fine.
Old 2010-01-27, 11:05   #37
Tomyssj3
Smile Re: MEC G3 Rifle recoil.

seriously.... G3 Ownz........ and other thing....
please, if someone can upload the PR Mod in parts... to megaupload or mediafire..... pls i going to thx u much......
Old 2010-01-27, 12:44   #38
Bellator

The G3 is much superior to the M16/M4 weapons because it is powerful, thus killing quickly in cqc, and it has full auto as opposed to the burst fire of the m4/m16. With the burst, its either first click hits or you're dead, because by the time your'e firing your second frantic burst it is so inaccurate that you''ll just hit airplanes and walls, not the enemy in front of you. With the G3, while it has a high recoil, its lower than the burst, and gives you a chance to compensate for an initial miss. And it takes only two shots to kill. If you know how to use G3, it is simply a superior weapon.
Old 2010-01-27, 12:53   #39
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

If you are going to use it on auto with a scope in close combat in the mod, always aim slightly under your targets, the recoil does the rest

Tags
mec, recoil, rifle