project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-04-19, 19:12   #31
Skodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop_PR View Post
- Always check your firing mode. YOu dont want to accidentaly have semi auto fire at close range or firing in full auto mode at long ranges which is crucial for most weapons.

- After an encounter/battle/firefight always reload your weapon and check your ammo and medical supplies. Its better to be fully equiped.

- If you're an member of a tank squad, you might want to spawn as an Engineer if u dont plan to be a Crewman.

- If a hostile armored vehicle is heavily damaged (but not destroyed) and its crew has abandoned it you should consider not destroying it, otherwise it will respawn at the enemies base.

- In PR wrecks of destroyed vehicles dont fade away quickly. You could use this as an advantage and take cover behind it.

- As an Automatic Riflemen you should keep your enemy suppressed so that your squad can flank them, assault or your squad can retreat
But then, they can come back, repair it and use it again, if its destroyed, they'll have to wait a very long time before it respawn...
Skodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 19:16   #32
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
It's a bit iffy on the firebases repairing vehicles, but in game I've had vehicles go to a bunker, and they were rearmed and repaired.

The Wiki states that the Comm Post, Bunker and Firebase resupply and repair vehicles. Granted, it's a tad outdated. Ammo Resupply - Project Reality Wiki

I'll have to check again.
I'm sure that command posts repair vehicles. It takes ages though. Can't say how's it with bunkers/firebases.
Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 19:28   #33
hall0

I think they still repair couse today i stand with my tank next to a firebase and two times a H-AT hit me and the tank didnt even smoked so hard.

- Dont stay to close to spawning bunkers/firebases/Comm-Posts they can you kill if you stand under it.

- Lots of vehicles have a Throttle (Default: Shift) this gives your vehicle a slight boost in acceleration, and is used in combination with the Accelerate key. This acts similar to an infantry sprint and will not last forever. This is useful for getting out of tight spots and climbing sharp inclines.
hall0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 22:01   #34
Tomato-Rifle

-Make sure u clear the area before reviving someone.

-Never Ever one man any armored vehicle, its just not good.

-Make sure whenever flying a helicopter, make sure to fully warm up the chopper before taking off.

-Dont fly any aircraft if u cant land it, we dont want people crashing.

-Please be carefull where u place your assets, find a good place to put it.

-If your flying an attack chopper make sure your high up in the sky, its best for the gunner

-The landing speed of a jet is around 600-700 anything above that your dead.

-Please stick with your Squad leaders orders, if u dont like them leave the squad, dont go arguing with your SL.

-When landing a chopper try to find the safest and the most leveled place to land.

-Remember it takes 2 guys with shovels to build an Bunker/Firebase

-Remember never angle the back of your tank towards the enemy, its the tanks sweet spot.

-The engineer kit with the shotgun has a mine, u have to press number 9 key
Last edited by Tomato-Rifle; 2008-04-22 at 22:12..
Old 2008-04-26, 02:27   #35
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skodz View Post
But then, they can come back, repair it and use it again, if its destroyed, they'll have to wait a very long time before it respawn...
Well actually, that depends. Vehicles on most maps operate on a wave timer. Tanks for instance, usually spawn in at every 20 minutes. Say the first 15 minutes of the round pass by, you come across an abandoned tank in the middle of Al Kufrah, destroying it would mean it will spawn back at the opposing team's main base in another 5 minutes. Leaving it there would bring about mixed results as you wouldn't be sure if and when the opposing team will make an attempt at recovering the vehicle (Which could be anywhere from 5 minutes to another 20 minutes). So usually, it's tactically sound to leave the abandoned vehicle there, as it's much more of a hassle for someone to actually come out to get it.

Also, I notice a lot of "tips" are really more or less instructions on how to use something (Like pressing 9 to access a mine). I think if anything, things like that should be acquired through the manual/guide.

- Speed, Stealth, Skill. As a Commander, Squad Leader or Squad Member, you want to combine these elements on the battlefield to maximize your overall efficiency. Move quickly, move silently and strike precisely.

- When establishing defenses, try not to isolate yourselves. Always have an escape/exit route you can safely fall back to.

- Infantry squads should make use of jeeps whenever available. Not only does this increase your squad's mobility, but it increases your squad's firepower and ammunition reserves without expending manpower to requesting special crewman kits. Operate as a motorized unit whenever possible.

- Mounted heavy machine guns typically found on jeeps are best used from a distance, as moving in at close range makes the gunner vulnerable to flanks. They are extremely accurate, highly lethal and frighteningly intimidating.

- When driving, unless the surrounding terrain is generally flat and negotiable, you should stick to the roads. Otherwise, have fun being the guy that flipped the damned truck.

- Find, Fix, Flank & Finish. These are the four Fs that should be observed when under fire, particularly for infantry squads. First Find the targets/hostiles, Fix the targets with suppression or area fire, close in and Flank for a superior firing position, and finally neutralize the opposition with a Finishing blow.

- No... the shovel cannot be used as a weapon.

- Get into the habit of running from cover to cover. Moving around aimlessly in the middle of the street is likely to get you killed.

- You must be capable of identifying undergrowth and overgrowth. Most bushes and some special made grass fields will render at long distances, but most grass will generally not render at long distances. Using undergrowth as concealment is placing you a major disadvantage.

- When moving along a fence, wall etc., standing, crouching or laying prone too close to the structure will cause you to clip through (Unfortunate BF2 engine problem). Keep this in mind if you're trying to hide or make a stealthy approach and/or ambush.

- Take the time to read and use team chat messages. Since VOIP is limited, useful information can be obtained through text, especially between two or more squads.

- When referring to the map, you can read it just like any other grid coordinate. Sometimes players will add an additional coordinate to further break down a location (Ex: D5, Keypad 3). To understand the keypad part, simply look at the locations of each number on the keypad section of your keyboard. Then visualize the keypad within the grid square.
Last edited by [T]Terranova7; 2008-04-26 at 02:37..
Old 2008-04-26, 09:43   #36
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

- stay away from most DEV's and affiliated members ingame, its a known fact that they hack

-[R-DEV] Rhino is a noob. nuff said.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 14:26   #37
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Nickbond592 View Post
- stay away from most DEV's and affiliated members ingame, its a known fact that they hack
Not so long ago I was playing Fools Road (IIRC) and there was this one squad with six(!) sinpers (yeah, all 6!) in it. Naturally and for no one's surprise, they did not follow any orders, nor did they do anything to help common cause.

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 17:00   #38
killer911pt

There a PR forum be sure to check it for up-to date iormation and help + support
killer911pt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 21:26   #39
SuperTimo

-listening to music whilst playing PR Does Not improve you playing abbitlity.

- if super-timo is in a Typhoon or Mig-29 and is on your tail, Bail out you haven't got a chance

-when flying a jet rember to regularly check behind by pressing change camra key (c is default) an enmey jet may be behind you with his radar off

(i do this all the time its fun! go up close and pop an Aim-9 up their arse)

-don't try to take on a marksman, at range, with your iorn sights. you will fail miserably

-several really good pilots (me!) have licences to teamkill

-never forget your a noob

-standing on the wing of an A-10 is never a good idea

-if the big attack heicoper hasnt seen you yet, dont shoot at it, get the hell out of sight

-if you hear a noise like a pig, run like F*** an A-10 is near

-don't push the nose down too far on a huey, its only going to end in tears

-don't cry when playing PR people will laugh at you

-if you got shot down by an enemy jet and didnt get a look on tone or feel any cannon blasts, it probably means he is really awesome, (i shot a mate down from quite far behind with my cannon by, firing into his turn, and it was just like a missile he couldnt beleive i hadnt used one)

-JDAMs hurt, A LOT

-showing off by flying a helicopter through a hanger on a public server is not a good idea.
SuperTimo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 21:29   #40
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTimo View Post
-listening to music whilst playing PR Does Not improve you playing abbitlity.

- if super-timo is in a Typhoon or Mig-29 and is on your tail, Bail out you haven't got a chance

-when flying a jet rember to regularly check behind by pressing change camra key (c is default) an enmey jet may be behind you with his radar off

(i do this all the time its fun! go up close and pop an Aim-9 up their arse)

-don't try to take on a marksman, at range, with your iorn sights. you will fail miserably

-several really good pilots (me!) have licences to teamkill

-never forget your a noob

-standing on the wing of an A-10 is never a good idea

-if the big attack heicoper hasnt seen you yet, dont shoot at it, get the hell out of sight

-if you hear a noise like a pig, run like F*** an A-10 is near

-don't push the nose down too far on a huey, its only going to end in tears

-don't cry when playing PR people will laugh at you

-if you got shot down by an enemy jet and didnt get a look on tone or feel any cannon blasts, it probably means he is really awesome, (i shot a mate down from quite far behind with my cannon by, firing into his turn, and it was just like a missile he couldnt beleive i hadnt used one)

-JDAMs hurt, A LOT

-showing off by flying a helicopter through a hanger on a public server is not a good idea.
You're not full of yourself at all
Leo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
future releases, loading, screen, suggestion, thread, tip, tips