project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-02-19, 12:31   #31
BigLouieG
Default Re: Hit detection once more.

The only improvement ive seen was with "the 1 shot kill bug" aka no infantry armour. I actually liked it. I think the body armour values are a bit high, and combined with the bad detection, results on some wicked shooting as seen on some videos.
BigLouieG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 04:49   #32
Unarmed Civilian

And speaking of body armor, bad hit detection and wicked videos, here is one recorded just yesterday at, if I'm not mistaken, Free Candy Van.

The guy either dies but "remains alive" or just gave up fighting back. Same weapon used by me on the vietnam video above.

http://youtu.be/eO1x4ze_cXk
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 20:56   #33
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

happened with me

In Sbeneh, on my screen, i hit in all vehicles.

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 11:46   #34
viirusiiseli
Banned

This seems to be a huge problem in tank fights now. I'm not sure if it has gotten worse but it seems like it to me. Tanks need 2 shots of AP to be burning. Yet in most tank fights you have to fire 3-5 shots to kill them. Lots of rounds even with the reticle in the middle of the tank just don't deal damage. Happens to me constantly no matter the ping (200, 50, 130).
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 13:25   #35
Spectrium

I don't think it is about ping or connection issue due to player limit. I experienced this bug so many times while both me and my target was stationary more than couple seconds before and after the shoot.

Also me and my friend just noticed something about hit places. Whenever one man shoots to a stationary target while other observing the target. Hits are on different places for both targets. Shooter says it hits right on the target while observer says it does not. It is not more than 1m radius circle.(Farthest try was 800 - 900m on blackgold.

Also I feel this is something about resolution too. I am not sure about this but different resolutions have deviation on middle of reticle than the "actual" aimpoint. So your bullet and aimpoint is showing a place but actually it hits somewhere else with small deviation like 1-2 moa. (for example 1 to 10cm on 100 - 200 meters)
Spectrium is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 14:23   #36
blayas

In the second part of the video , I do not know if this is due to hitbox , zaca, because actually an APFSDS projectile can easily cross not armored vehicles and if not penetrate something vital as an engine block , there will be no damage.
blayas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 14:35   #37
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

Arrow Re: Hit detection once more.

suddenly this comes to mind:

SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 12:35   #38
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayas View Post
In the second part of the video , I do not know if this is due to hitbox , zaca, because actually an APFSDS projectile can easily cross not armored vehicles and if not penetrate something vital as an engine block , there will be no damage.
actually far as i know there is no such penetration system for vehicles beside glass.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 10:31   #39
Roque_THE_GAMER

here this clearly happen, also strangely i get one shotted by the enemy tank, i did not know that the 25mm could do that much damage.

Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 12:26   #40
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Maybe you got hit 2x by the tank but it was between the APC shots

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
detection, hit