project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-05-29, 09:09   #31
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Proposal] New Zealand Defence Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOlaiD View Post
i dont see the point, our armed forces are pretty insignificant and just like the aussie's.
The ADF is not insignificant... look at where we have been deployed over the past 5 years... Pretty much everywhere the US gos plus more so dont ever state that the Australian army is insignificant...

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-05-29, 09:52   #32
Maxfragg

come on, I just came back from NZ and your discussing about scrapping the apcs because they are too expensive, sorry but i really don't see a point adding the nz army
Old 2009-06-26, 04:56   #33
HangMan_

i'd b interested in helping if u want a sum1 to make maps. I was about to start a bamyan province map soon so if u want it for ur mod drop me a pm. Gonna use this image off google maps...

The blue lines are combat area. Map should be around 2km x 2km. Am considering expanding the original plan to make it a 4km.

Not familiar with Afghanistan or the province personally but i believe kiwibase to be in the top corner (marked by red 1) If any one knows the actual location (if im wrng) then please tell me

Red 2-4 are possible Taliban strongholds.

The map would follow an alternative layout. Would have to be insurgency game mode. I am also looking at developing a C&S version. The type of gameplay i am going for with this would be sporadic ground fighting in the clusters of houses. There are open spaces that making sniping into the villages a good option for the Taliban. This map would be like Operation Archer in the north (terrain wise) and then more like Korengal in the south. I think this would be a great combination allowing for different types of fighting depending on where the player is. Very little fighting will take place near Kiwibase, NZDF will hav to go out and "find" the taliban. a FOB and a ANPF police station will be placed into the map. They may/may not start off under NZDF control. depending on location i may hav the taliban hold the ANPF police station and the NZDF controling a capturable FOB. Still at very beginning stages tho. The famous bombed budha's would be just outside of the combat area to the north of Kiwibase.

Kiwi's would get sum light vehicles and possibly an NZLAV for support :P nothing too heavy seeing as it is only a PRT stationed there. Probably put a Huey in seeing as the RNZAF hav some. Would like to see a chinook in there too as they frequent the base, even tho they arent NZDF.

Taliban would get light vehicles i.e cars and mayb technicals.

Reference Images:

Drop me a PM if u are interested.

Cheers
Last edited by HangMan_; 2009-06-27 at 06:11.. Reason: Edited to add new info
Old 2009-06-26, 05:11   #34
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Goodluck but urrm i doubt you will find some good modelers for your corse...

that is all....

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-06-26, 05:22   #35
HangMan_

Quote:
come on, I just came back from NZ and your discussing about scrapping the apcs because they are too expensive
lol its not the price its because they dont fit in our C-130 planes... now that aunty helen is gone things are gna get better fr NZDF. Just waiting for the release of the defense white paper (eta november 2009).
Old 2009-06-26, 07:49   #36
JERICHO777

[R-DEV]tonnie15
Nice vid hahaha)))
Old 2009-06-26, 12:13   #37
Panzerfire

lol tonnie... that video was epic. Reminds me a bit of "Operation Canadian Bacon"
Old 2009-06-26, 12:23   #38
Gu^n3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]tonnie15 View Post
Goodluck but urrm i doubt you will find some good modelers for your corse...

that is all....
if only there were such a holiday lol
Old 2009-06-26, 12:30   #39
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu^n3r View Post
if only there were such a holiday lol
oh i celebrate it everyday lol

Old 2009-06-26, 18:15   #40
Fenrir07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dares Wins View Post
...but i'd like to at least try and get this off the ground.
Go for it! Playing as Kiwi's would be great fun!

Tags
defence, faction, force, proposal, zealand