project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2010-10-04, 12:19   #31
Freakerr38
Default Re: Javelin?

Javelin Javelin Javelin Javelin Javelin Javelin Javelin Javelin
FUCK THE ARMOR!!!
Last edited by Freakerr38; 2011-02-10 at 12:05..
Old 2010-10-04, 20:06   #32
Brainlaag

LCOKED!!
Old 2010-10-04, 20:39   #33
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

The question in my mind is, assuming NZ have an ins mode, how long would it before before someone took a Javelin and lost it to the ins?
Old 2010-10-04, 21:18   #34
gkelly

just make it with a fkn long time to lock onto vehicles, and the vehicle will get the sound that it is going to be locked, so, it makes javelin balanced
Old 2010-10-05, 22:28   #35
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
just make it with a fkn long time to lock onto vehicles, and the vehicle will get the sound that it is going to be locked, so, it makes javelin balanced
getting a lock on while in the tank now thats just stupid i doubt that would even be possible in real life the only reason planes get a lock on is if its a radar lock if is a heat seeker they don't get a lock on they have to find it on radar so nah not really realistic...
Old 2010-10-06, 08:45   #36
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
getting a lock on while in the tank now thats just stupid i doubt that would even be possible in real life the only reason planes get a lock on is if its a radar lock if is a heat seeker they don't get a lock on they have to find it on radar so nah not really realistic...
Sources?

AIM-9 Sidewinder

Quote:
The AIM-9G provided the capability to lock on and launch against a target offset from the axis of the launch aircraft.
Any heat seaking missile has to lock on its target.

Just my 2 pennys

-lucky

Old 2010-10-06, 10:47   #37
Proceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Sources?

AIM-9 Sidewinder

Any heat seaking missile has to lock on its target.

Just my 2 pennys

-lucky
I guess he is talking about some kind of alarm for the tank crew, when being locked on.
It would be fine to have a Javelin model, but a lock on ...
Acutally this lock on thingy with the Javelin needs very much knowlede of the weapon to hit the target, especially in hot environment the Javelin takes much longer to recognise the target, in addition there can be problems when the tarrain and targets color are the same, so like almost every third shot wont hit, or is misfire.

I don't think that any army should have lockon javelins, or if they did, the javelin needed additionaly to the long setup time some kind of configuration, like distance setting, and height level, and a battary which needs to be charged every 10 minutes

Cheers Proceed
Old 2010-10-06, 13:16   #38
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Red face Re: Javelin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proceed View Post
I guess he is talking about some kind of alarm for the tank crew, when being locked on.
/facepalm

Now i get it, next time i will read the post twice before replying in such a way.

Sorry Alucard...

EDIT: Its indeed wierd to give a tank an anti-javelin warning, seems like vBF a bit.

Old 2010-10-06, 22:57   #39
Alucard

indeed i was talking about an alarm alert system for the tank crew when being locked on of course all heat seeking projectiles have to lock onto its target before being fired what im saying is that the vehicle its self cannot spot the actual lock on of the heat projectile system locking onto the target only radar locking missiles will provide a lock on tone in a jet ETC. otherwise heat seeking missiles are found on the radar
Old 2010-11-11, 21:24   #40
AriX17

Balance - shmalance, who cares - it's war!
And, if to be serious, there are quite a lot tipes of countermeasures.Like special smoke grenades on russina T-90 (in game it can be flares).Also,soviet/russian vehicles can make smoke cloud by their engins - it's a big problem for IR seeking system.

Tags
javelin