project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-10-17, 19:37   #31
Nanashi

Yeah, and maybe I’m the only one, but every good pinging ranked server I get on has 2 good pilots who don’t fly much, and 12 bad ones that TK to get there first, or just fly off and crash repeatedly.
Nanashi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-17, 23:26   #32
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

it is tough to find good pilots, ive been fortunate enough the last few times ive played to have a few good ones. once PR is in full swing the pilots will do their jobs as well as the tankers, infantrymen and all the rest. we just have a group of people who are that good.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 01:10   #33
PHILYBLUNT201

U know im nots sure if everyone meets me eye to eye with this .. but if u want reality y dont u put classes a little more redifined . for instance .. if u wanna be a pillot YOU ARE ONLY A PILOT .. if u are a driver U are only a driver and if ur infantrymen .. ur stick with ur group .. ??? im not to sure if that would work .. but thats as real as it gets, aside from graphics wise, in this game.
PHILYBLUNT201 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 01:11   #34
PHILYBLUNT201

U know im nots sure if everyone meets me eye to eye with this .. but if u want reality y dont u put classes a little more redifined . for instance .. if u wanna be a pilot YOU ARE ONLY A PILOT .. if u are a driver U are only a driver and if ur infantrymen .. ur stick with ur group .. ??? im not to sure if that would work .. but thats as real as it gets, aside from graphics wise, in this game.
Old 2005-10-18, 01:17   #35
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

these are a few of the things that have been discussed and im all for them.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 01:44   #36
Artnez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILYBLUNT201
U know im nots sure if everyone meets me eye to eye with this .. but if u want reality y dont u put classes a little more redifined . for instance .. if u wanna be a pillot YOU ARE ONLY A PILOT .. if u are a driver U are only a driver and if ur infantrymen .. ur stick with ur group .. ??? im not to sure if that would work .. but thats as real as it gets, aside from graphics wise, in this game.
If this were to be done, they would need to make sure aircraft can do realistic damage. A bombing from todays aircraft is something to be feared.

I think by creating a realistic environment, it is much easier to distribute a realistic "power" amongst different classes and vehicles. Yes, in real life, an aircraft is devastating. The only problem is that a bombing from an aircraft cannot be continous.

Aircraft run out of fuel and must rearm as well. This takes much time, as the planes need to land at their home base to do this.

In real life, choppers are extremely devastating, but at a distance. If a chopper flies as low and as close as they do in vanilla BF2, they would get shot up by small arms fire. That's right, small arms fire can take down a chopper if it's flying 20 feet in front of a group of infantry.

It's things like this where BF2 lacks. Making realistic gameplay doesn't deter from the action, it keeps it the same (as you all probably agree). By making realistic characteristics, you are giving disadvantages where they exist and advantages where they exist.

But I guess that goes without saying...

"Having the piss taken out of you is a small price to pay when others do your research. Thank you gentlemen." - Azametric(IRL)
Artnez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 01:45   #37
PHILYBLUNT201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
these are a few of the things that have been discussed and im all for them.
. the suggestion i made is really going to split the people who love this mod and game up .. some peopel love gunning with a sniper rifle and then hoping into a aircraft .. me not personally .. maybe there should be a poll .. do u think ???
Old 2005-10-18, 01:45   #38
Artnez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi
Yeah, and maybe I’m the only one, but every good pinging ranked server I get on has 2 good pilots who don’t fly much, and 12 bad ones that TK to get there first, or just fly off and crash repeatedly.
The biggest mistake that Battlefield 2 made was creating the game for the people that you are describing. Molding the game to fit these people is a huge mistake. This is why BF2 is so unrealistic and OFP is so realistic (OFP lasted MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than BF2 as far as replayability and time -- it came out like 5 years ago and it still has a large community of modders/gamers).

"Having the piss taken out of you is a small price to pay when others do your research. Thank you gentlemen." - Azametric(IRL)
Artnez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 01:47   #39
PHILYBLUNT201

IDK .. creating a world with so much detail and realism is going to take a crap long time to make .. people are obviously going to get impatient .. i guess bassicaly stick with the same old roll i guess ..
Old 2005-10-18, 01:51   #40
PHILYBLUNT201

yeah i wonder how OFP ELite for xbox is gonna be .. comming out november

Tags
fastroping, neeeed, side