project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-03-04, 11:34   #31
krekc

I hear you mate, dunno why nearly every bloomin server is 64 man large maps now does my nut in, I suggest you play some 8 X 8 small maps for a change. The only problem is though, it seems only Russians seem to play small maps, so there is very little communication as I don't speak much russian, but it's still waaaaay better than 64 player mayhem and nonsense
Old 2008-03-04, 11:43   #32
M4nicMin3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaky View Post
Personally, I think it all comes down to wanting new maps for PR at the moment. Getting really bored of the current rotation, and I know lots others have felt the same when asked online....

Was expecting more environments to experiment with in the current release, but they haven't really made the satisfaction level rise. Every time a map changes, it's a question of whether or not you'll enjoy that particular map, a big 'sigh', or 'I'm gonna call it a night'. If you stick around, it's just a long arduous battle of same tactics and possible stalemates each time. Would be nice if PR presented a style of gameplay that was random in some way... so you don't always do the same thing every night you play... otherwise the battlefield feels so rehearsed each time you play, and I think that is the reason it gets so tiring. Sure there are lots and lots of different roles to choose from, I change and try a new one every week or so, but it is all pretty much the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still love PR and am playing it a lot, this is just how I feel with satisfaction and gameplay features of PR currently. Random flags and locations FTW.
I think this is probably a big reason why most of the clan im in have stopped playing PR and turned to Domination mode in ArmA ( some of them even play Sahrani Life more than PR! ).., ok i know im gonna get flamed for mentioning ArmA but WTH.

Maybe its also a factor of trying to take out the "arcade" in a predominantly arcade orientated game engine. PR will never be a simulator because of the game engine it overlays, dont get me wrong i think its done a pretty good job so far but there are other games out there now that are filling that niche maybe? .

Ok so ive not played a game thats more easily squad orientated like PR without thought, ArmA takes a lot of getting used to and you probably need more situation awareness than PR to rake it up as a decent squad.

Also another thing that puzzles me about this game is that its supposedly made for the hardcore realist and it wont appeal to everyone..,yet PR still insits on advertising in MODDb and other such mod sites, then ppl already playing PR complain and wonder why lots of "nubs" are entering the game and spoiling gameplay?

I must admit i agree with the OP on this one, its now becomeing 1 round out of 10 i find a decent game. Infact im finding myself putting down Pr in favour of ArmA.., but then im just passing time waiting for OPFP2 in Nov.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:34   #33
Billy_Crook_Foot

Perhaps everyone is just looking forward to the next release as it apparently focusses on new maps.

Nobody seems to complain about the game mecahnics, only the people they are playing with. The hard truth is that you can't really influence very much outside of your own squad. I can only suggest you try to play the best way you can and if you end up on the weaker team (or indeed a team chock-a-block full of useless wallys) you stick with it and put up the best fighting defence you can. Make the other team really, really pay for their gains. But again, ultimately it's just you and your squad and what you accomplish together is all that you can influence - and therefore, the only thing that matters. If you take a beating, you take a beating. Keep Grinning!

This is of course, the reason why it's important to stick it out and continue to play with teamwork, consideration, understanding and a f. BIG pinch of salt. Somebody might learn something from you (experienced player that you are) and you are doing something positive for the whole community. The devs can only give us the mechanics and candy, it's up to us as players to improve the "game" within the rules and design choices made by the devs (and BF2).

Yeah, take a break if it's really getting up your nose, but at times like these we need more experienced players on the servers for the reason above. A passworded server for forum regulars only sounds like a good idea if your on that server but how would that effect the player community as a whole?

People do get burned out on maps - it's only natural. But the great news is, the DEVs are one step ahead of the community AGAIN! The next patch is all about new maps. This will be fantastic as the gameplay mechanics appear to be accepted (and enjoyed) and are fairly worn-in now (a few basic tweaks notwithstanding).

The poor old mapper team have had a pretty tough run if you think about it - the game mecahnics have changed so much, and with such regularity that the suitability of any map is going to fluctuate pretty wildly. We lose maps and gain maps with every release, some are modified (remember old EJOD the bottleneck? Muttrah 1,2 and 3? Steel Thunder...). I hope that with the mechanics settling down, the mapping team can have a chance to really start hitting their stride and wow us with continually new environments - this will give us lots of different tactical and strategic options to come to grips with the other team. They have done a fantastic job so far as we have had some long time favourites even through multiple mechanics changes.

Maps effect the gameplay so much that the new release will give a lot of players a new lease of life. Regulars will return, they'll get involved (challenged) again, they'll get happier, new players will therefore get more help and improve and the general quality of the games will climb once again.

Looking forward to it.
Old 2008-03-04, 14:48   #34
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]CAS_117 View Post
Thank you for your opinion. Nice to see you put as much effort and thought into that response as the Outlawz did. You didn't even disagree with any of his points at all (which are completely valid and I often identify with, although he's very much spared the wrath of 20 minute jets spawn times). If you can't be aresed to either think about your post or respond to what he says, don't call it "whining". At least he made some sense.

Edit: Flame suit ACTIVATE.
Cmon, he was pretty much complaining about how he gets killed by more powerful vehicles, and how ppl wouldnt listen to him when hes SL or commander.

Pretty much everytime i play as commander i manage to find atleast a couple decent squads that i get to build bunkers and firebases. Yes, sometimes you will have to walk across the map to bring them a commander truck, but meh, shit happens
Old 2008-03-04, 15:15   #35
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Well I just think OUtlaw got alittle unlucky because I joined his squad yesterday on kashan and he left the game 5 minutes after, but I had a kick ass game because 15 minutes later around 21.30 -1 gtm. we had a full mec team working nearly flawless with two cas in the air a good working tank squad and my squad as a infantry squad we was pressed down to outpost and before I got disconnected we began attacking the south bunker after an easy match on the north.

I enjoyed it as a squad leader since I had more experienced player helping me out. But one thing as I am pretty anonymus in the pr community no one really expect me to get the medic kit for example. I just sign up when someone ask since I enjoy being some help since I die to much as a grunt, but I enjoy to have a squad to lead to. As a vet you can have a really hard time because ppl excpect you to be uber 1337 haxxor, but as a guy who isnt known for anything will get an enjoying game because no one expect you to take the medic kit or be a commander.
Old 2008-03-04, 15:22   #36
Cyrax-Sektor

We all get a bad day or two. Some more than others. Maybe I should play in the squads you go to more often. I love being medic!
Old 2008-03-04, 16:37   #37
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

In response

Quote:
You ENJOY?! playing CoD4 SINGEPLAYER. SUPER-scripted, unrealistic coin arcade bullshit.
I played single player games more than I had played multiplayer games in my life.
I find it interesting, how you describe CoD4 SP, obviously you never played it and you just pass on the opinion of someone else, that thinks like that. The MP version may and maybe is an arcade full of "bullshit", but I find SP quite interesting, not to mention the story line, graphics and neat effects.
So I don't know, what's your problem here.

Quote:
if you actually ENJOY games like cod4, crysis and counter strike then PR is probly not for you to begin with.
I *never* played or had either Crysis or CS: Source in my life.
I've been here since February 2007 and the first version of PR I downloaded was 0.4.
Now I mention CoD4 and that's good enough to throw me into the same basket as the CS:S players after being here over a year??
No offense, but I'd call that elitism.
Is it so wrong, if I play any other games? I'm surprised no one has flamed me yet for playing a Nintendo game.
And for your information, before I got CoD4 and even BF2 two years ago, I downloaded the demo version to see, how the game is like. I liked BF2 until I found PR and I liked CoD4 demo, so I got the full game. If I found CoD4 to be crap, I'd never bother getting it.

Old 2008-03-04, 17:16   #38
Raymond.Reiloff

ok take a break (R&R) but dont leave, because without skilled players it will get even harder for the new guys to learn anything. And setup some special "war night" where only people that plays the game for tactics and teamwork like yourself, will join...
Old 2008-03-04, 17:29   #39
Eden

I've had the same problem, a lot of games I join I end up leaving because of lack of teamwork, commander or good SL's, and in general people just cant be bothered playing as a team. the problem if I always join that side because when i join the server its always that side with less people (i assume from people leaving).

that's not to say I don't get any good games, majority of the time games are good.
Old 2008-03-04, 17:31   #40
Eden

I've had the same problem, a lot of games I join I end up leaving because of lack of teamwork, commander or good SL's, and in general people just cant be bothered playing as a team. the problem if I always join that side because when i join the server its always that side with less people (i assume from people leaving).

that's not to say I don't get any good games, majority of the time games are good.

Tags
playing, satisfaction