project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-08-10, 19:42   #31
Malik
Banned

This would work best with my suggestion of non lethal transport vehicles. Rip the .50 calibre machine gun off the jeeps and fill up the hole and put the new seat in the front (or in the back for the Najing. Alternatively, just allow an open seat on the top like with the AA vehicles where the passenger uses his own weapon and sits just below the cannon. This means that adding lots of jeeps to maps won't be the same as adding lots of .50 cal pickup kits. The fact is, if two enemy jeeps meet in the street at the moment, one will be dead within 6 seconds thanks to their weapons. Taking the guns away make them an easy target and at least give people a chance to dismount, but it also means that there's no fear of adding them into maps because of their guns. Muttrah would be great with vehicles, but thanks to the .50s Rhino won't add them because they'll just dice up the choppers.
Old 2006-08-10, 19:54   #32
Naminator_2006

Quote:
Spawns should happen at the main base only
I think it would be worthwhile atleast testing this as well. Would add to teamplay (Sticking with your squad, holding territory as beta said with ambushes having even more incentive) and not wanting to die since your stuck back at your main base or on the SL. Only the spawn points at the main base would have to be fortified as to not encourage people spawn camping. It would also be nice then to always have a base where everyone spawns and then if organized the team can move up together. This would also make the maps more dynamic even within the constaints of AAS. With the right amount of tweaking as beta said I think this would be worthwhile for many reasons all within what PRMM is aiming for.
Old 2006-08-11, 09:07   #33
Malik
Banned

Yeah, I came up with another idea regarding this plan a while ago too. Basically, everyone can spawn at main base, and if you're in a squad you may spawn at your squad leader, as long as he's in a friendly flag capture radius. I reckon that'd have a pretty neat effect on gameplay.
Old 2006-08-11, 09:41   #34
luizinhuu

the spawning only on the main base idea could be annoying.. it would be a rushin' game "shit i died, now i'll have to run as fast as I can to at least enjoy the game" and a take-a-lot-of-time game, since there is 30sec of respawn and 1min to get to the front
Old 2006-08-11, 10:13   #35
.:iGi:. Greg

I like Malik's idea of taking the mounted gun of the jeeps. It would solve a lot of the spawn raping problems.
Old 2006-08-11, 11:45   #36
Hfett

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizinhuu
the spawning only on the main base idea could be annoying.. it would be a rushin' game "shit i died, now i'll have to run as fast as I can to at least enjoy the game" and a take-a-lot-of-time game, since there is 30sec of respawn and 1min to get to the front
yeah

if you gonna spaw on the main base make it be in waves (like every 30 seconds everyone that is dead respaw there even if they just dyed)

so that way there will be no problem with people without vehicles
Old 2006-08-11, 11:59   #37
Malik
Banned

Or just have a reduced spawn time to make up for journey time. The balance of having players having the shorter respawn times closer to the main base would mean that AAS would truly balance itself out, and if you manage to push your enemy back over the halfway line it actually becomes harder to push them back further as they get faster reinforcements to the lines and you get slower ones, even if you hold more CPs.

And I really want to see unarmed vehicles, it'd really add to the gameplay of having vehicles about without the need to worry about the .50 cals ripping up choppers/vehicles/people etc.
Old 2006-08-11, 12:20   #38
beta

Quote:
You would not be limited to spawning ONLY at the main base ...

Join a squad. Spawn on your squad leader. No long transport times.

If your SL dies, THEN you have a long transport time, so keep your SL alive by following orders and such.

Quote:
Yeah, I came up with another idea regarding this plan a while ago too. Basically, everyone can spawn at main base, and if you're in a squad you may spawn at your squad leader, as long as he's in a friendly flag capture radius. I reckon that'd have a pretty neat effect on gameplay.
I thought of that too, I just don't know how possible it would be, but if it could work, I think it would work VERY well. It would be nice to see less "instant" transportation to the action, maybe then you wouldn't see people blindy running around corners, or running into an MGs field of fire for whatever strange reason, and other generally moronic stuff that happens when players don't value their virtual lives.
Old 2006-08-11, 12:41   #39
Malik
Banned

Squad Leader spawns at main base, picks up a ride, drives into spawn zone and squad "arrives". If squad get sliced up, the squad have to rally back to the nearest CP to let the other guys spawn back from the SL, or if he died wait for the SL to come and meet them again. It would mean that attention isn't totally detracted from the CPs and would stop people abusing the squad system just to spawn into the action. Spawn at mainbase with the cars or organise a spawn with your Squad Leader.
Old 2006-08-11, 13:17   #40
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

BRILLIAnt!!!!!!!1
I love it.

WE could then have proper military compounds rather than a collection of dodgy defended flags.
A definate destiction, and no spwn flags being faily defended by sandbags and such BUT offering no, vehicles OR, with a minium no. of stationary missile launchers.

(IMAGINE a city like karkland but wider with mabey 2 military coupounds actually inside it, heaviliy defended (3 + machine guns, large square grey blocks and tall walls) and with only 2 exits BUT surrounded on all sides by city building, some even towering over the base, an outpost in a very hostile enviroment, and outside the compound int he city there being many non SPWN flags that must be secured and re-inforced - WE COULD EVEN SEE proper destictions, with US/UK having bases surrounded by large squares and talll walls and proper huts WHILE the MEC on CERTAIN LEVELS have smaller, but more obscure, more concealed by surroudnign building and the use of real only sandbags and already built objects and buildings for defense, US/UK having upper hand wiht use of SPWN tanks and trucks but MEC engaging in a more stealthy war - require different tactics rather than - 2 tanks on each team, 2 jets, 2 helis and all flags are compounds = equality turned to mind numbing bordom)

I think the idea of wave SPWN is brillaint. THis and main base as only SPWN points solves the following problems:

- drible support, long column of men jsut cut up indervidualy by enemy

- Appaling use and application of vehicle - single or 2 players drving half empty jeeps off and 1 tank out of 2 driving off along

- Squad seperation, linked with 1st one,when Sl is on one side on the map with 1 other man, 2 at another base and 3 at the another - the squad system is actual happering teamwork and tactics, ironic!

- 15 players on same team spread out over 4 spwn points, highly inaffective fighting force - a commander worse nightmare

All this added to a decent set of jeeps (properly modeled and armoured), equipted with 7.62mm machines guns not 50cals would make PR truelyyy suuperrrrrB!
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 2006-08-11 at 13:28..

Tags
aas, gameplay, limiting