project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2011-07-08, 11:00   #31
MonkeySoldier
Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
This one if fairly common.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Marines_1.jpg
Note that the vehicle is owned by the Norwegian army, though the troops are not from Norway
The name of it is BV206.
BV means 'beltevogn', or 'tracked vehicle' in English.
The reason for posting that one is because that is the vehicle they used to get around.
Think they are U.S. Marines, judging from the equipment and helmet cover.

Quote:
Can't tell you to much about the communication systems though, but I know people that worked on it in the army as I was in the same company as them, so they might be able to tell you some unclassified stuff if you'd like that.
Ahh, if you could. Pictures would be most preferred, like trucks, jeeps, trailers etc. I always find that interesting to see Signals are an important thing of every army, but I rarely get some information or pictures from it to see from armies, so if you could.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:28   #32
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Jeep
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...MB240GD_fq.jpg
This is nearly the same version that the German faction is using ingame. Acording to regulations it should have been traded out years ago, as it has been in the Norwegian military something like 25 years. Another reason is that new regulations say we are not allowed to travel faster then 40 kph when carrying troops in the back, as it is a soft top with no safety gear in the back.

As for truck we mostly use this (as in it was the only version I ever saw). It is the one that will be in the NF.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...-p-93-wip.html
There realy isn't much more afaik that the communication troop use, other then the BV206, wich is the most common one, as it can climb just about anything
Found a cheeky promo abouth the BV206 if you're interested.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2011-07-09, 12:41   #33
Rangu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Ahh, no problem, I understand. I'm curious to what other NATO nations use for their signals, and I've already seen some German and U.S. stuff, quite interesting Hows work as a NCO at the signals though?
Well yeah, I understand, it's very interesting indeed. I had the pleasure to work with Netherland's Racer Team among others during Cold Challenge, learned quite alot.

There's 3-4 NCOs, the platoon CO, and his next in command in every PLT, whom all are responsible for the soldiers education throughout their year as a conscript. (this may vary from the different Coys and type of coms). In the Radio and Tele part of the signals, we pick squad leaders from the conscripts as the unit work in many small teams, that provide relays and coms including to the CPs we provide. All though they're given a lot of responsibility, they have to report in daily. We NCOs work as section leaders, and provide support from the PLT HQ, and check on the soldiers in the field during exercises. Now you have a rough view of it, I can't go into any details.

Quote:
Another reason is that new regulations say we are not allowed to travel faster then 40 kph when carrying troops in the back, as it is a soft top with no safety gear in the back.
AFAIK this has been raised to 50 km/h, the reason it was lowered though was because of an accident during the last year's winter exercise.

Quote:
There realy isn't much more afaik that the communication troop use, other then the BV206,
I can tell you about the common vehicles we use, as this isn't classified. In addition to various versions of the BV206 and the MB240, we use ATVs, snowmobiles and in rare cases, helicopters.
Old 2011-07-09, 17:28   #34
Daewi

Norway strictly don't have NCOs. Yes, we have sergeants, who mostly work as section leaders/instructors, but you will find a lot of 2LTs doing the exactly same work, especieally in the professional part of the army. Having +8 officers in a company is not unusual.

We are currently in a debate wheter we are going to get a British/US inspired NCO rank system or not.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:34   #35
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
Ahh thanks, I will see what I can work out
How did this work out?

Oh yeah, and on the topic: I work in the Army.
Last edited by KP; 2012-09-03 at 16:45..
Old 2012-09-03, 14:51   #36
HeXeY

Finished my conscript year early July this year. Served in the Artillery Battalion, KDO (Battalion Command). Loads of fun, still miss it
Didn't make it to the enlistment selection this year, so I'll try again next year, as well as BS.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:07   #37
Naruto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
How did this work out?

Oh yeah, and on the topic: I work in the Army.
Bad Achilles tendon rendered me unfit for the military :/

A good reason if you think about it, imagine it snapping in the field!
Last edited by Naruto-kun; 2012-09-03 at 21:18..
Old 2012-09-06, 21:22   #38
Sibir

I served as Crew Cheaf Assistent on F-16 for the 132. Airwing at Bodo Main Air Station for 1 year, the I damaged my knee so I lost my Grenader contract
Last edited by Sibir; 2012-09-09 at 10:51..
Old 2012-09-18, 15:31   #39
Zeno

Serving in the artillery battalion, gunner on the M109 until next summer
Old 2012-09-27, 06:48   #40
lagopus

Served as a borderguard (russian border), Elvenes/Storskog. Duty + 6 month enlistment as Grenader.

After severel attempts, wich I avoided due to studying, the homeguard got me and I am now a SL (lagf?rer) there. My next trip will be to Setermoen in a couple of weeks.

Tags
military, norwegian, offtopic