project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 09:47   #31
Eglaerinion

Ah lots of interesting stuff in this media free update, see you don't always have to show media to get an interesting update hehe.

- classlimits: terrific it's something that is really needed atm, I don't know if you guys though about it but it might be cool to restrict certain classes to squads only. A lonewolf for instance can never select support, medic or engineer he would have to join a squad for it and in that squad there can only be a max of 1 or 2 in that role. This would be my ideal way of limiting classes.

- Scenario, I'm looking forward to a rehaul of the sobj gamemode which is a bit dry at the moment. It plays out much like a normal game most of the time, it would be nice if it was more like weapon bunkers from DC. Hopefully you guys can create some nice custom maps that are focussed on that gamemode.

- the stun effect: will be brilliant if it works, the blow from a round hitting your armor or limbs would be nicely simulated this way.
Old 2006-06-23, 12:55   #32
Lugubrum

Nice to see an update again. Those suprises are making me curious. Would it be an atomic bomb? And good luck with the kitlimiting.
Old 2006-06-23, 23:26   #33
G.Drew

w00t!light AT kit!
so the devs DO read the forums, aaaaah
i tell u 1 thing, they do a better job than EA
Old 2006-06-24, 04:55   #34
SFA/**]V[E**/L

Quote:
i tell u 1 thing, they do a better job than EA
that has no need to be tell, we all know that, its a fact, my lil brother could do better than EA.
Old 2006-06-24, 14:32   #35
HolidayChef

Great!
One thing! Can you disable bunny jumping? It is very anti-professional and non-realistic at all.
Last night, in Karkand, a platoon of bunnies surrounded me...they were jumping, and jumping....one meter high.
Maybe this is an alternative to "fire and manoeuvre" - "fire and jump", but I dont like it...and I am sure that I am not the only one!
Old 2006-06-24, 14:36   #36
Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayChef
Great!
One thing! Can you disable bunny jumping? It is very anti-professional and non-realistic at all.
Last night, in Karkand, a platoon of bunnies surrounded me...they were jumping, and jumping....one meter high.
Maybe this is an alternative to "fire and manoeuvre" - "fire and jump", but I dont like it...and I am sure that I am not the only one!
The 1.4 patch by Dice will be addressing the bunny hopping issue, how they will address it is yet to be seen.
Old 2006-06-24, 15:03   #37
DivS-konti

Nice!

But there's still one thing I don't like much: the nametag-distance of friendly units is way to high! I mean one can see the tags from lads who are at the other end of the map. This is a problem in close combats. U see these tags (and are afraid of some teamkills, aren't u?) but in front of u appears an enemy who kills u at once.

Is it possible to change that?

Greetinx.
Old 2006-06-24, 15:23   #38
Rifleman

Quote:
I was airborne in the Land Rover on our test map last night
Screenshot or it didn't happen ^^
Old 2006-06-24, 16:13   #39
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman
Screenshot or it didn't happen ^^
Hehe yeah I woulda taken some screenies, but we had a problem with the texture that was making it look butt ugly. That's fixed now, but it's not lightmapped so screenes of it look like crap .. bit concerned about that.

We'll get some screenies done within the dev cycle.

egg

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-06-24, 17:35   #40
Pence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
Hehe yeah I woulda taken some screenies, but we had a problem with the texture that was making it look butt ugly. That's fixed now, but it's not lightmapped so screenes of it look like crap .. bit concerned about that.

We'll get some screenies done within the dev cycle.

egg
They better be more artistic than USI or NAW, i hate them mods but they make it it look good with nice pictures.
Closed Thread

Tags
040, project, reality, status, update